Same Name In Game As My Character

51 replies to this topic

#41 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 October 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

And then contact support and ask them to double and triple check the account that posted v.s the account that was banned. They'll find that the two accounts have different emails and access portals. It'll only cause a minor mix up. It isn't the end of the bloody world.

Sure, but its annoying and wastes your time and their time. Seems like it'd be worth patching to me. Time is money. Stupider customers might even get upset and quit entirely, thus robbing them of income.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 03 October 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#42 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 03 October 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Sure, but its annoying and wastes your time and their time. Seems like it'd be worth patching to me. Time is money. Stupider customers might even get upset and quit entirely, thus robbing them of income.

True, and true. But it isn't a super high-priority thing right now.

#43 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 October 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

It isn't the end of the bloody world.

Again - depends on the mod.

I got banned for a day for something similar - and when I tried to find out more about it, I found myself banned Permanently (As it said at the top of the message in Large Bolded Font) for 30 days (As it said in small font halfway down) for "discussing moderation"

And that one WAS GM Reppu, who admitted to wanting, if he had not left with IGP - to make that PERMANENT part stick.
Despite admitting (repeatedly!) that I did none of what I was accused of or banned (Permanently for 30 days) for.

#44 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 October 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

True, and true. But it isn't a super high-priority thing right now.

Yeah I'm not saying it is, but they should definitely fix it eventually. The trouble is what to do with all the people that already have similar names.

#45 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 03 October 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Again - depends on the mod.

I got banned for a day for something similar - and when I tried to find out more about it, I found myself banned Permanently (As it said at the top of the message in Large Bolded Font) for 30 days (As it said in small font halfway down) for "discussing moderation"

And that one WAS GM Reppu, who admitted to wanting, if he had not left with IGP - to make that PERMANENT part stick.
Despite admitting (repeatedly!) that I did none of what I was accused of or banned (Permanently for 30 days) for.

For one, Reppu was very kind in answering my questions I sent into support. Your case was odd.

For another, you got banned for sending a support ticket about being banned because of something you didn't do? Or did you get banned for discussing it on the forums?

#46 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 October 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

For one, Reppu was very kind in answering my questions I sent into support. Your case was odd.

For another, you got banned for sending a support ticket about being banned because of something you didn't do? Or did you get banned for discussing it on the forums?

Someone 'impersonated' his account and argued with mod decisions on the forums, and then the support team banned his account instead of the actual offender.

#47 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 03 October 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Someone 'impersonated' his account and argued with mod decisions on the forums, and then the support team banned his account instead of the actual offender.

Well, just point out that the account in question didn't access from your IP address and that it uses an incorrect email address, and (if PGI is as smart as I think they are) the lies should reveal themselves.

To circumvent a ban on myself, I'm no longer going to discuss past moderation.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 03 October 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#48 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 03 October 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Reppu admitted once to having personal issues with me.

He refused to even discuss why, how, or when it started- but something I did somewhere pissed him off personally.

Toward the end he was glorifying in the opportunity to be rid of me - personally, and the fact that, by the forum rules - he did not even have to give me a reason why I was being banned.

Edit: in other words - it really depends on the individuals involved

Edited by Shar Wolf, 03 October 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#49 Original ArchAngel

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 73 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

I don't really care if there is someone with a similar or even same name.. I know who I am. :P

#50 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

At the same time, you have to admit.. it could be potentially confusing to anyone not yourself, if the room was filled shoulder to shoulder with Original ArchAngels..

#51 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

I have received a reply back from support and this has been added to the list of things for both in-game and forum.

#52 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

It is for these reasons that years ago I concocted the badass name you see before you, back off people it's my in game name! MINE!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users