So Russ, How About A Clarification On Synch Dropping?

70 replies to this topic

#1 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

Third times a charm they say.

Is it possible someone there can decide what is the official policy on synch dropping into solo que?

Been asked for many times before and if you guys are really listening to the community then maybe this is a simple one with no dev time required.

As you can see by my previous thread the community is divided on this subject and requests your guidance.

So how bout it? Yes or no or with a caveat. Just some response please.

#2 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:32 AM

LMAO

#3 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

Third times a charm they say.

Is it possible someone there can decide what is the official policy on synch dropping into solo que?

Been asked for many times before and if you guys are really listening to the community then maybe this is a simple one with no dev time required.

As you can see by my previous thread the community is divided on this subject and requests your guidance.

So how bout it? Yes or no or with a caveat. Just some response please.

They've said they are fine with it as far as I know. They shouldn't be fine with it, it's blatantly exploiting a system designed to prevent exactly what it accomplishes, but even so they don't particularly care if it's done.

#4 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

What if random is random

#5 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

I never see people that sync drop and i play a lot. Is this really an issue where the "community requests guidance"?!

#6 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:07 AM

Can we try not to get into I never see it propaganda. Have an entire 40 page thread with lots of admissions including groups and factions.

Feel free to check out the thread and see for yourselves.

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#7 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:07 AM

Happened to have my laptop next to my PC on Friday, chatting with holidaying family while I listened to music and played MWO.
Guy advertises his twitch stream at the start of game, log in to watch as I play, get to watch myself get rolled by 6-man sync-drop.
A couple of others call the guy out for sync-dropping, apparently I wasn't the only one watching his twitch stream.

Yeah sync-dropping isn't a problem at all, it never happens and never did, despite half the players in this game complaining their group is getting rolled by other groups, what to do? its obvious isn't it.

#8 Tsig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:08 AM

It's nearly impossible to stop the "Sync Drop" in solo queue. They would have to design some kind of system to track who is on who's friends list, then, if they manage to drop at the same time in the same ELO bracket, they'd have to put them in separate games. There's also the fact that, even if they DO manage to get into the same game, they have a 50% chance of being on opposite teams.

In the entire history of having a "Solo Queue" in every game ever, no-one has ever considered Sync Dropping to be a problem.

#9 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Can we try not to get into I never see it propaganda. Have an entire 40 page thread with lots of admissions including groups and factions.

Feel free to check out the thread and see for yourselves.

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Yup and I can only hope this one gets locked too like the old one.

#10 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostTsig, on 14 September 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

It's nearly impossible to stop the "Sync Drop" in solo queue. They would have to design some kind of system to track who is on who's friends list, then, if they manage to drop at the same time in the same ELO bracket, they'd have to put them in separate games. There's also the fact that, even if they DO manage to get into the same game, they have a 50% chance of being on opposite teams.

In the entire history of having a "Solo Queue" in every game ever, no-one has ever considered Sync Dropping to be a problem.

Not the question here. Only asking for clarification of the rules on it.

View PostSaxie, on 14 September 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

Yup and I can only hope this one gets locked too like the old one.

Sure your side will work hard on it.

#11 Tsig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Not the question here. Only asking for clarification of the rules on it.

Mudhut, your "Clarification" is that no, it's not against the rules, because just making those rules would be a serious hassle that no game company has decided to go through with to date.

#12 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostTsig, on 14 September 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

Mudhut, your "Clarification" is that no, it's not against the rules, because just making those rules would be a serious hassle that no game company has decided to go through with to date.

It should just be an actionable offense that can be reported, though enforceability would depend on what kind of information their servers log.

#13 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:25 AM

I just hope mod posts and clarifies this. I dont want to see this crap go on for 40 pages, could save that space for a thread that is actually meaningful - like ECM balance.

#14 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

I've played solo que; I've ended up on the same team and opposite teams as people within the unit.

Sometimes in the group que we have run 2 groups and been placed on the same team.

It happens randomly also.

#15 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostSaxie, on 14 September 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

I just hope mod posts and clarifies this. I dont want to see this crap go on for 40 pages, could save that space for a thread that is actually meaningful - like ECM balance.

Two entirely different subjects. One is asking for a rule clarification and the other will require a lot of dev time. As I am not qualified in my mind to make decision on ECM and offer an opinion so I wont venture into the ecm thread, I leave it to those who have a far better understanding. I would ask the same respect be showed here. I am not asking for dev time nor holding up game progress by asking for an answer.

#16 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

I think solo queue is limited to one group per team, that would make it impossible. But even if it were still possible, sync dropping is a huge waste of time for the people trying to achieve it. If you're trying to drop in a group with your friends you're better off going to the group queue. If you want to roll pugs with a group over four players you're rolling the dice. The other lances could end up in the group queue, another game, or even on the opposite side.

Next you need to have a way to actually identify when players are doing this. Any algorithm you come up with needs to be able to distinguish between players trying to sync and players that are dropping at the same time. If you can actually do this, I would be impressed.

I'm gonna say this is a non issue.

Edited by Rouken, 14 September 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#17 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostRouken, on 14 September 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

While it is still possible, sync dropping is a huge waste of time for the people trying to achieve it. If you're trying to drop in a group with your friends you're better off going to the group queue. If you want to roll pugs with a group over four players you're rolling the dice. The other lances could end up in the group queue, another game, or even on the opposite side. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure pug queue can still only do one group at a time.

Next you need to have a way to actually identify when players are doing this. Any algorithm you come up with needs to be able to distinguish between players trying to sync and players that are dropping at the same time. If you can actually do this, I would be impressed.

I'm gonna say this is a non issue.

Maybe what you posted is a non issue except this isn't a debate on the merits, only a clarification of the rules.
Last time anything was posted by PGI regarding the subject was long ago open ended due to game conditions at the time.
Game has changed dramatically since them.

I guess the better question is how would a rule clarification hurt anyone?

#18 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

yawn can we get this thread locked if mudhutwarrior is going to end up bumping it 5+ times per page in order to keep it relevant like the last one?

He's got 5 already on page one.

1. Show us on the doll where sync dropping touched you mudhut

2. This isn't your personal blog

Edited by Hoax415, 14 September 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#19 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

I wanted to post something lengthy, but its nothing no one hasn't heard before.

if its such a big issue, why not open like 5 support tickets on the matter every day
try change.org to get things moving

try to rally you're friends behind you Mudhutwarrior
where are those guys who complain at the sync drops as well?
they don't care enough to come to the forums?
its bad for solo que, but not big enough an issue?
at least to spent laughable 5 minutes of they're time and supporting you and you're course?

did any of this ever accomplish anything, did any of the devs give you (or anyone else) a straight up answer, right here in the forums, without some PR guy in his back?

did it EVER not go awry really fast?

maybe instead of trying another post tomorrow, or the day after that, you should find some players who care enough about this like you do, and all try to post you're questions in the thread Paul supposedly reads, and promises to answer questions that are asked enough times?

well good luck to you mate
but something tells me things are going south really fast this time around as well

going back to playing in group que only
NEVER going back, EVER

#20 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Maybe what you posted is a non issue except this isn't a debate on the merits, only a clarification of the rules.
Last time anything was posted by PGI regarding the subject was long ago open ended due to game conditions at the time.
Game has changed dramatically since them.

I guess the better question is how would a rule clarification hurt anyone?

Pretty sure we're still using 1 group per team in pug queue. If you can find where something official that say otherwise I'll agree you have a case. Until then, you don't need rulings on things that are not possible.

Edited by Rouken, 14 September 2014 - 06:24 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users