1247 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

It's never too early to say Happy Cakeday, MechWarriors!

View PostRuss Bullock, on 15 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

This week marks our 1 year Anniversary! Piranha Games would like to show our extreme gratitude to all players and supporters who have put their time and money into MechWarrior Online.

Anniversary Weekend

On September 17th 2013 we had our exciting launch event in San Francisco. So to mark this anniversary we're celebrating this weekend with Double XP, Double XP conversion, and Mechbays for 50% off. Also during this Anniversary weekend, when you win 1 match you will earn a Cupcake Cockpit item.

Active Player Reward

Our 1 year Active Player Reward is for any player that has played more than 100 matches since September 17th 2013. Eligible players will receive 2,000,000 C-bills, a Mechbay, and a fun standing Cockpit item.

Players with less than 100 matches still have the potential to earn this reward, as you have until Sept 23rd at 10:00 am PDT to hit the mark! The Active Player Reward will be injected into eligible accounts on September 23rd.

MechWarrior Credits Reward

This reward is for anyone who has ever purchased MechWarrior Credits. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Centurion variant - the CN9-AH - decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay. This custom CN9-AH variant will only be available through our MechWarrior Credits Reward program and will be injected into eligible accounts on October 21st. You have until Sept 23rd at 10:00 am PDT to earn the MechWarrior Credits Reward. Founders packages that included MechWarrior Credits qualify for this reward. Standard versions of this new variant will be available for C-Bills at a future date to be determined.

Pre-Sale Reward

This reward is for players who have purchased any pre-sale program package. This includes any level of Founders, Phoenix, Clan Invasion Wave1 and 2 packages, or a la carte mechs. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Atlas variant - the AS7-S - decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay. This custom AS7-S variant will only be available through our Pre-Sale Reward program and will be injected into eligible accounts on October 21st. You have until Sept 23rd at 10:00 am PDT to earn the Pre-Sale Reward. Standard versions of this new variant will be available for C-Bills at a future date to be determined.

Top Tier Reward

This reward is for anyone who purchased a Top Tier Package in any of our pre-order programs. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new King Crab Assault Mech decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay. This custom King Crab variant will only be available through our Top Tier Reward program and will be injected into eligible accounts on December 16th. You have until December 16th at 10:00 am PDT to earn the Top Tier Reward. All Standard variants of this chassis will be available for MC December 16th and C-bills January 20th.

As an additional thanks to all Founders, the C-bill bonus on all original Founders Mechs will be permanently raised from 25% to 30% starting September 17th.

This week we are also introducing our exciting Clan invasion Wave 2 pre-order program which allows us to offer the Ultimate Clan Reward Program!

Ultimate Clan Reward

This reward is for players who purchased a Masakari Clan Invasion package and the Wave 2 Man-o-War package. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Invasion Mad Dog Mech with custom Invasion paint job and unique geometry, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus, 2 additional Mad Dog standard variants and 3 Mechbays .The Invasion version of this Mech will only be available through the Ultimate Clan Reward program. This Invasion Mad Dog Mech and the 2 standard variants will be available starting September 23rd for daily 4 pm injection. All Standard variants of this chassis will be available for MC December 16th and C-bills January 20th. Check out our Clan Invasion Wave 2 page for details (coming soon). The Ultimate Clan Reward program will be available for as long as the Clan Invasion Programs remain active.

#2 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

First

Edit: And I must say, I think I love you guys now. Plus King Crab!!!!!

Edit #2: Now that I'm home from work, I have to say that this sounds like everything people were speculating about. I am actually very surprised by some of these freebies and very happy. I honestly wasn't expecting anywhere near this amount of stuff.

PGI, be careful, you are generating a lot of good will with stuff like this. People might just think you guys have changed.

Edited by Daoa Hakoke, 15 September 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#3 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

This is a nice gesture but I'd like to point out that lack of mechs is not the issue many of us have. I know you've heard this a lot already but I'll use this first page pulpit to say it again: Getting rid of something like ghost heat would do more for your bottom line than all of those mech rewards stacked together. The King Crab sounds awesome but it's meaningless to me in a game that I don't want to play.

I appreciate your shift in approach here, I really do, but the major point bears repeating.

Edited by GaussDragon, 15 September 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#4 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

As an additional thanks to all Founders, the C-bill bonus on all original Founders Mechs will be permanently raised from 25% to 30% starting September 17th.

One of the first slaps to the face for Founders has finally been fixed.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 15 September 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#5 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Niiice.

#6 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

Wow!

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

KING CRAAAAAAAAAB

I don't earn the fancy one but goddamn, King Crab time

9AH is back, loads of free swag, King Crab announced

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Redshift2k5, 15 September 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#8 Enaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 120 posts
  • LocationAnywhere I can keep a close eye on Liao.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Ok, in regards to the King Crab. I purchased the Phoenix Mech pack (Locust, Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt and Battlemaster) but did not get the "Reinforcement Pack" that came out a couple months later. Does that qualify for the King Crab?

#9 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

I like it, but that King Crab is going to be incredibly difficult to pilot with this enormous erection.

#10 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Wow, this is so nice of you guys.

#11 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

View PostGaussDragon, on 15 September 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

This is a nice gesture but I'd like to point out that lack of mechs is not the issue many of us have.

Don't kick a gifthorse in the mouth. With the new cashflow from this package they'll be able to dedicate the resources to the jungle map, CW, and network concerns. And we have factory coming in a week or two anyways. =]

Great program, PGI. I'm excited to see what this will bring in the coming months.

#12 Yukichi Fukuzawa

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 63 posts
  • LocationJapan?

Very happy to see this. Thanks PGI. Even something for Free players.

#13 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

HOLY COW. This is the coolest appreciation event in MWO history. Thanks!!!

It also seems that PGI is trying their hardest to make amends:

Founder mechs got shafted by only having 25% bonus - check.
Founders feel like they needed some appreciation - check
"On an island" comment apologized for - check
ECM to be revisited - check
Player feedback listened to more as long as players can agree - to be seen but offer on the table
PGI developers more vocal on forums - check

Edited by Tastian, 15 September 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#14 Mowmentous

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

As someone who has put my time and money into this game, I think this is wonderful! I have been getting a 'fresh start' vibe from PGI lately and this gesture reinforces the feeling. Cheers!

#15 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

This is some good PR for a change. Thanks for the consideration PGI. I look forward to my King Crab and all. Now Im starring at a Masakari Pack... Damn.

#16 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

CRAB STRONG

#17 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

I AM EXCITE.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MWO!
Thanks for… well. All this! This is great, and the founders c-bills boost! Yay! At last! Thank you! Yay!!

#18 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I WANT!

#19 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Extreme damage control or not, this is so ******* awesome. Good job, guys. If this keeps up and isn't just a pre-package fluke, you can color me extremely impressed.

#20 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

View PostTarogato, on 15 September 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

With the new cashflow from this package they'll be able to dedicate the resources to the jungle map, CW, and network concerns. A

And all those things would be great if they were within the space of a game whose gameplay fundamentals were sound. It's a damper on what could otherwise be a great game. Even PGI's biggest detractors agree that the core is solid but it's the balance that holds it back.

Edit: Earlier version of this post didn't make sense because I was trying to type it so quickly.

Edited by GaussDragon, 15 September 2014 - 11:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users