Clan Endo/ff Locking

164 replies to this topic

#161 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:03 AM

I've got it! Remove the Jump Capable variant of the Timberwolf! Then the Summoner will be the only poptart in the Clan Arsenal with any real mass.

#162 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 19 September 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Ammo is a problem - but lets take a closer look what may happen - when you say JumpJets for ClanMechs are omni pods (Thor, Nova, Koshi) - ES and FF could be mounted - engine heat sinks are always the maximum possible.

Summoner: with max armor and 14 engine heat sinks will have 29.5 tons of modul capacity - but you have the same room problems as the Timber Wolf
Timber Wolf with max armor and 15 engine heat sinks will have 27.5 tons of modul capacity (as it is currently)

Are two tons of more capacity worth the change? Wouldn't it be enough to turn the JJs into a Omni Mount?
If the TimberWolf S is removed and replaced by the Alt. A (for example) removing Jump Capability for the TimberWolf - could help to make choice between TimberWolf and Summoner more difficult?

I don't care. My TW feels way more easy and too strong to play. and non of my TW's use any JJ's. With the speed the TW has there is hardly a situation where you really NEED those JJ and the extra tonnage of pew pew to bring with is making a vital difference.

Yes two tons are worth the change when this means I can run with 60 instead of only 30 AC shots. Because this make sure I will be able to not run out of ammo in the middle of a match. or have to take a lower dmg AC to sustain enough ammo.

View PostKarl Streiger, on 19 September 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

Also a good idea - so a serious damaged Thor vs a serious damaged Timber Wolf may still be able to take some beeting - while the T-Wolf is ripped into pieces.....sounds like an idea worth thinking.
Not only for Clans but for IS too (although the negative quirks for IS shouldn't be as hard as for Clans)

Standard structure for example could reduce chance of crits by 10% or such, would alos make it more appealing.
I wonder anyways when I have a IS mech that runs nearly all dynamic structures in the arms, and they get shot off, how that mech even still cna work when the majority of structure is gone. Shouldn't the mech fall apart then?

#163 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostThunder Child, on 19 September 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

I've got it! Remove the Jump Capable variant of the Timberwolf! Then the Summoner will be the only poptart in the Clan Arsenal with any real mass.

While i wouldnt have added the TBW-S, its here now and they arent going to take it away when people paid for it, so thats not a sensible line to go down. Plus there is no such thing as a poptart anymore, the JJ nerfs eventually took care of that.

#164 Warma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 19 September 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

What many players keep missing is there is a story based reason the Mechs are designed the way they are. You are not looking at the full picture. When it comes to military spending and design, not every piece of equipment is Maximized. Choices get made by committee, back alley negotiations, Bribery and blackmail... actual budget limitations. This IP has included that kind of thinking in the design process.

But each and every IS mech anyone ever fields in this game is fully maximized. Some of the clan materiel are not. This feels unfair.

#165 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostWarma, on 19 September 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

But each and every IS mech anyone ever fields in this game is fully maximized. Some of the clan materiel are not. This feels unfair.

Wait a while. Your faction gets the Ghost Bears wholesale with all the bells and whistles. If it so unfair why didn't a majority of TT Clanners complain all these years? :huh: They had half the Armor!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 19 September 2014 - 08:33 AM.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users