#21 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

It's always fun to play overpowered mechs, post insane damage numbers and tell others to "git gud". When sensible people notice these balance factors the guys running them don't want that they lose their toys and are against the nerfs. When I can take out a full 12-man with a friend of mine with 2 Timber Wolves, I know somethings wrong. Terribly wrong.

I'm not looking for huge nerfs. More like tweaks to balance out some chassis'. Some clan mechs need love too, like the Kit Fox and Nova. But the fact is one Dire Wolf or Timber Wolf can kill off whole company of unorganized pug players because their firepower.

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

LOL that's sort of my point, how can a Timber Wolf be OP when a skilled Jenner pilot can eat it for lunch, even if it is a skilled Clan pilot. he gonna shut down after shooting at you two times..

I don't know who you play with or against but that's plain BS.

#22 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

View PostZoid, on 19 September 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

You do know that saying "my stuff is not OP, we're just more skilled" just makes you sound like an idiot, right?

You said that and made your self look stupid.. What I said and have proven in my previous post is the fact that 95% of the new players to MWO pick (IS) mechs. There is a skill gap that doesn't close for months, but these are the same people that get on the forums and moan about clan mechs. The other NURF-IT's are nothing more than people who have no intention of piloting Clan mechs and just want to make them as weak as possible by getting on PGI's nerves.

Now on the same token there are some (IS) pilots that have clan mechs but feel like they wasted their money, they have better scores with their (IS) mechs. ask Darian DelFord lol

Now if you learn to pilot your mech right, and use the tactics I game you we wouldn't be having this conversation

#23 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

I think it's cute when alpha-pumping Clanners complain about heat when firing a ridiculous number of weapons that eat people's faces in one salvo. Repeatedly.

Posted Image

Awww, do you need your ba ba? Your ba ba? Who's a cute little Clanner? You are! Yes you are!

/troll

#24 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

You said that and made your self look stupid.. What I said and have proven in my previous post is the fact that 95% of the new players to MWO pick (IS) mechs. There is a skill gap that doesn't close for months, but these are the same people that get on the forums and moan about clan mechs. The other NURF-IT's are nothing more than people who have no intention of piloting Clan mechs and just want to make them as weak as possible by getting on PGI's nerves.

Now on the same token there are some (IS) pilots that have clan mechs but feel like they wasted their money, they have better scores with their (IS) mechs. ask Darian DelFord lol

Now if you learn to pilot your mech right, and use the tactics I game you we wouldn't be having this conversation

Except the Elo does separate out some of the IS new players. You can't blame their superiority all on new players. That's just an excuse.

But it doesn't matter. They said they're not nerfing them any further after they do penalty when a side gets destroyed which even some Clan players agree with. Instead they're going to buff the IS with quirks. And they said they would give the Clans a quirk pass to bring some of them more in line.

#25 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

View Postugrakarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

It's always fun to play overpowered mechs, post insane damage numbers and tell others to "git gud". When sensible people notice these balance factors the guys running them don't want that they lose their toys and are against the nerfs. When I can take out a full 12-man with a friend of mine with 2 Timber Wolves, I know somethings wrong. Terribly wrong.

I'm not looking for huge nerfs. More like tweaks to balance out some chassis'. Some clan mechs need love too, like the Kit Fox and Nova. But the fact is one Dire Wolf or Timber Wolf can kill off whole company of unorganized pug players because their firepower.

I don't know who you play with or against but that's plain BS.

The funny part about your yacking is the fact that I have scores higher than that in my (IS) mechs. My Stalker hit 1800 and my Jager 1600. Cry me a river dude. the fact remains you need to change your tactics, then and ONLY then will you see the clans weakness.. We've been being nerfed for months.. what has changed.. nothing.. try something new.. run up on a Timber Wolf with some ballistics and see what happens.

#26 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 19 September 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

I think it's cute when alpha-pumping Clanners complain about heat when firing a ridiculous number of weapons that eat people's faces in one salvo. Repeatedly.

Posted Image

Awww, do you need your ba ba? Your ba ba? Who's a cute little Clanner? You are! Yes you are!

/troll

Cute kid he looks like you but obviously being cute hasn't saved you from getting owned... and WHO has been crying for the last 4-5 months? NERF THE CLANS OMG MY FACE HAS SNOT ON IT!! NERF THE CLANS!! PGI WIPE THE SNOT OFF!!!

#27 Dark Horse X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 190 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

View Postugrakarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

But the fact is one Dire Wolf or Timber Wolf can kill off whole company of unorganized pug players because their firepower.

I've yet to see one DW or TW take out an entire company. Your statement puts the light where it needs to be though......."unorganized pug players".

If some sort of VOIP was included with the game, then quite possible the teamwork would improve? Instead of nerfing everything, why don't you push for VOIP first and see what that does to the pug world.

As to puckering up when you see a DW or TW, you absolutely should. In the lore it was a huge menace and for it to be less in this game is ridiculous.

#28 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Cute kid he looks like you but obviously being cute hasn't saved you from getting owned... and WHO has been crying for the last 4-5 months? NERF THE CLANS OMG MY FACE HAS SNOT ON IT!! NERF THE CLANS!! PGI WIPE THE SNOT OFF!!!

Is this for real? Are you?

Do you really think PGI will allow the Clan 'Mechs to remain top-dogs even if that was because of player skill? No. Of course they won't.

WHEN (Not 'IF') they get around to tuning the 'Mecs, probably by buffing the IS rather than nerfing the Clans, I fully expect to see you posting and calling for nerfs to IS 'Mechs.

And I shall eagerly await that day.

Edited by Pika, 19 September 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#29 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

Brace for continual nerfs. If things are not 1/1 equal, then they will QQ till the cows come how. It does not matter for $hit that clan mech are supposed to run cooler, have more firepower and staying power. To every **** that plays this game, and even PGI, that lore and fact has no place in this game.

PGI started the nerf even before they were released. They kept the "flavor and feel" of clan mechs in their eyes, mainly to prevent a huge uproar from the people that bought clan packs. Well as I have said before, that fun time is over. nerfs will continue until we are basically running reskinned IS mechs.

Why? Because there are not enough purists that care enough to scream enough is enough. Everyone has bent right over and taken in. I have accepted that this will continue until the masses are soothed by pgi. It will continue to happen. There will not be much left of our mechs that is clan like and proper. Yes we will continue to do well with them, because by and large people that are devoted enough to the clan cause are damn good pilots. However, lets say in a year or so there will likely be no tactical advantage to running clan tech.

Freebirths continue to QQ for the win

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 19 September 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#30 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 19 September 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

You're so cool and l33t. Quick, tell us how awesome you are again, please?

#31 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 19 September 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Except the Elo does separate out some of the IS new players. You can't blame their superiority all on new players. That's just an excuse.

But it doesn't matter. They said they're not nerfing them any further after they do penalty when a side gets destroyed which even some Clan players agree with. Instead they're going to buff the IS with quirks. And they said they would give the Clans a quirk pass to bring some of them more in line.

Here bro let help you out here.. See a persons ELO when they come into the game seems to be about the same as a player that has 1600 kills and 1600 deaths... VS a person who has about 40 kills and 60 deaths in the single drops.. It don't matter how long you been playing (skill) if you bring your ELO up you are going to go right through the new people to the game before their ELO drops down. But for the few weeks your ELO's are about equal you will OWN THEM, and they'll be on the forums talking about clan mechs are OP. So ELO palys a huge part in this misconception.

#32 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

It does not matter for $hit that clan mech are supposed to run cooler, have more firepower and staying power.

And they do. In a game where that won't instantly kill it, like the Table Top. Why don't they do that here? For the same reason you don't use five Space Marines (An Army of super soldiers who could probably single handed take on Clan Mechs should the universes cross.) vs any other full army in the Dawn of War games. It'd be a pretty crappy video game.

The problem is IS XL engines, and quirks are coming to fix that.

Edited by Pika, 19 September 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#33 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

Clan mechs don't have extreme advantages.

Their main advantage is: they're new.

New enough that most people haven't had time to figure out their weaknesses.

Most of the "nerf clan mech" posts are cases where a random person comes up against a timberwolf for the first time & does poorly.

They immediately conclude: the timberwolf is overpowered.

Its premature to make those kneejerk assumptions without more time and experience.

Clan weapons do have their weaknesses. Longer beam duration on lasers. Bigger spread on AC's. Lateral movement is important to deprive clan weaponry of focus fire.

What typically happens is a lot of people stand completely still and give clan mechs zero lateral movement. Then, they complain clans are op when they lose.

The reason they lose isn't because clans are op, its because they themselves lack the experience or expertise to know its good to give lots of lateral movement against clan mechs and do other things to negate clan strengths.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 19 September 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#34 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

And they do. In a game where that won't instantly kill it, like the Table Top. Why don't they do that here? For the same reason you don't use five Space Marines vs an army in Dawn of War. It's be a pretty crappy video game.

The problem is IS XL engines, and quirks are coming to fix that.

oh yes, lets treat IS mechs special because people keep crying. all the things is mechs can do that clan mechs cannot. Change engines, chassis materials, heatsink and armor types. Those are much more an advantage than anything omnimechs have right now. Period.

clan mechs with all those features, now that would be an unfair advantage. and rightly so. Sadly people do not see it that way

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 19 September 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#35 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

oh yes, lets treat IS mechs special because people keep crying. all the things is mechs can do that clan mechs cannot. Change engines, chassis materials, heatsink and armor types. Those are much more an advantage that anything omnimechs have right now. Period.

Soo~ you want the game to either be pay to win or nothing but clanners? Why the hell would I pilot anything IS if there are straight up, unquestionably better 'Mechs to pick from in every single category?

Think about what you're saying. You're saying Clan 'Mechs should be more powerful because they're Clan'Mechs? Well time to retire all my IS 'Mechs then.

And before you question further, the numbers have already been released. After nerfs Clans still have a 70+% Win rate. They're better 'Mechs.

Edited by Pika, 19 September 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#36 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Brace for continual nerfs. If things are not 1/1 equal, then they will QQ till the cows come how. It does not matter for $hit that clan mech are supposed to run cooler, have more firepower and staying power. To every **** that plays this game, and even PGI, that lore and fact has no place in this game.

PGI started the nerf even before they were released. They kept the "flavor and feel" of clan mechs in their eyes, mainly to prevent a huge uproar from the people that bought clan packs. Well as I have said before, that fun time is over. nerfs will continue until we are basically running reskinned IS mechs.

Why? Because there are not enough purists that care enough to scream enough is enough. Everyone has bent right over and taken in. I have accepted that this will continue until the masses are soothed by pgi. It will continue to happen. There will not be much left of our mechs that is clan like and proper. Yes we will continue to do well with them, because by and large people that are devoted enough to the clan cause are damn good pilots. However, lets say in a year or so there will likely be no tactical advantage to running clan tech.

Freebirths continue to QQ for the win

Forgive me, nothing against you, but...are you actually proposing that, unless we pay cash for Clan mechs, we should expect to lose? I mean I get the lore of course, but...IS is not given any of its advantages here. And the people running this Clan tech are certainly not doing so in a Clan fashion. It's the same meta mob as before, but with 1.5 times the firepower.

Sounds like I just parroted Pika's post.

#37 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostPika, on 19 September 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Soo~ you want the game to either be pay to win or nothing but clanners? Why the hell would I pilot anything IS if there are straight up, unquestionably better 'Mechs to pick from in every single category?

Think about what you're saying. You're saying Clan 'Mechs should be more powerful because they're Clan'Mechs? Well time to retire all my IS 'Mechs then.

why would you? because you are supposed to be a filthy davion thats why! Loyal to your house lord and all that crap. Role warfare freebirth, and yes they clans ARE part of that role. and UNKNOWN and POWERFUL enemy. DUH. there are supposed to be HORDES of you IS creeps quiaff? Use those numbers. arty us to the moon if you can.

shows were your loyalties are, retire your IS mechs. BooBoo. I have a stable of over 40 IS mechs and I hung them out as soon as the mechs that represnt MY loyalty came out. That is were my loyalty stands and will continue to

View PostXtrekker, on 19 September 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Forgive me, nothing against you, but...are you actually proposing that, unless we pay cash for Clan mechs, we should expect to lose? I mean I get the lore of course, but...IS is not given any of its advantages here. And the people running this Clan tech are certainly not doing so in a Clan fashion. It's the same meta mob as before, but with 1.5 times the firepower.

Sounds like I just parroted Pika's post.

pay cash? are you brain dead? you must be. you can already buy them for cbills. You must be one of those "gimmi now" types

#38 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

pay cash? are you brain dead? you must be. you can already buy them for cbills. You must be one of those "gimmi now" types

Huh...I had a completely different opinion of you.

#39 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 19 September 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Huh...I had a completely different opinion of you.

well Jr, opinions are like rectums, everyone has one. Yours is just more full of it.

#40 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 19 September 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

why would you? because you are supposed to be a filthy davion thats why! Loyal to your house lord and all that crap. Role warfare freebirth, and yes they clans ARE part of that role. and UNKNOWN and POWERFUL enemy. DUH. there are supposed to be HORDES of you IS creeps quiaff? Use those numbers. arty us to the moon if you can.

shows were your loyalties are, retire your IS mechs. BooBoo. I have a stable of over 40 IS mechs and I hung them out as soon as the mechs that represnt MY loyalty came out. That is were my loyalty stands and will continue to

Dude, the roleplay is cute and all but it's not conductive to a discussion, is it?

Let me stress this to you: This is a shooter where we pilot giant robots that just so happen to look like ones from a poorly balanced tabletop game from the 80s (That was hard to type!) Those poorly balanced stat pages do not translate into a competitive shooter because if you give one side an advantage, that side will soon find it has no one to shoot at, and suddenly the game stops making money and poof It's gone.

You want 10 vs 12? Not happening, that's basically PGI saying "Yeah they're op, go play Clans, you may as well have better 'Mechs, eh?" You want this game to last? Then your beloved robots that look a little like the ones from an 80s tabletop game are going to have to get changed.

Don't let nostalgia cloud your opinion. This is not an RPG, your advantage should be pure skill and teamwrok, not the better machines you want.

(Also if you're going to RP at me, at least learn how a Clanner talks. I assure you, it ain't like that.)

Edited by Pika, 19 September 2014 - 08:59 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users