#61 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostMavairo, on 20 September 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

If we can get one loaded with enough ballistics... 2 AC10s and 2 AC20s will be one of my preferreds...

The likely variants are:
  • KGC-000: ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso
  • KGC-0000: ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso
  • KGC-010: ballistics in both arms, energy in both side-torsos, missiles in both side-torsos
The KGC-000b (ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso) is a SLDF Royals exclusive model; PGI hasn't introduced SLDF Royals variants for any other 'Mechs, so they probably won't do so for the KGC.
The Clanbuster variant (the KGC-001) isn't available until 3052, and the next variant after that (the KGC-005) isn't available until 3062; it is unlikely that PGI would introduce those variants early.

----------

View PostBront, on 21 September 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Did you see it compaired to the Atlas? It wasn't up to that mech's shoulders.

View PostSaxie, on 21 September 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

I'm worried about the scaling in game. Look at the Quickdraw, T-Bolt, Kintaro, and now most recently the Mad Dog (where it looks like the T-Wolfs legs were cut off and added to Mad Dog's upper chassis) can make or break chassis.

Russ already confirmed here that that segment of the video is not indicative of the scaling of the KGC.

Edited by Strum Wealh, 21 September 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#62 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 21 September 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Russ already confirmed here that that segment of the video is not indicative of the scaling of the KGC.

Was unaware, thanks. Annoyed, but then, not surprised.

#63 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

I want to make these comments, mostly towards PGI-

Model guys: I can also see potential for clipping issues. HOWEVER, IMO it would be better to limit torso twist like a Stalker then to make the mech crazy wider, or alter Alex ultra-well received artwork. Think of it this way- players in general feel the Awesome is too wide for it's own good, not just because of source art comparisons, but because of game play issues.

It would be better, IMO, to make the Crab NOT uber wide(as a balancing factor for the firepower if that is a consideration) and make it have solid performance in dmg soak ability/tanking. Then, use limited torso twist(also reduces need to modify art for clipping arms if that comes up) and quirk system to balance out the mech. Worried about double AC20 100 ton mech? Put cooldown quirks on the ballistics then, DON'T handicap the mech with bad hitbox instead. Maybe light or medium chassis can use a "glass cannon" approach for high firepower ability, but no assault ever should be held to that. Much better to use movment or actual weapon/hardpoint quirks to keep it in line for assaults.

It should also be kept in mind, Torso Twisting, basically one of very few player "actively controlled" defensive piloting techniques will be nigh impossible with a KC anyway because of the dimensions front to back. It's like a Stalker(in the front to back comparison) where yes you can twist to shield a side, but it presents a larger target then, and dmg will not spread at all- hence twisting is of limited value compared to something like an Atlas. So KC needs hitbox design to spread dmg quite well from CT to ST and most importantly, those arms.

So, TL;DR- dont make KC ultrawide to allow twist range, better to limit twist like a Stalker and keep model proportions in line with artwork and also for gameplay reasons. Hitbox need to be balanced very well because torso twist as a defensive technique is limited in value compared to other assault chassis, meaning more often players will have to rely on the mech's armor and hitbox to spread dmg for survivability. Use quirk system to keep mechs firepower ability in check, NOT handicaps with hitbox/mech models.

We want a tanky mech that performs armor wise like the artwork implies, with good dmg spread and balance it using quirks instead. A 100 ton glass cannon will fail miserably.

#64 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 21 September 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Aye,
all these packs are preorder packs, because you preorder them before the mechs are released for CBills.
  • Atlas AS7-S: Have purchased a Founders, Phoenix, or Clan Collection.
  • King Crab: Have purchased a Legendary, Overlord, Masakari, or Man 'o War Collection
All Founder, Phoenix and Clan packs are preorders.

Legendary, Overloard, Masakari and Manowar are "top-tier" packs.
Saber pack was just an add-on and you only could get it with a Phoenix pack, so that one doesnt matter :)

http://www.mwomercs.com/clans

not a pre-order.

What I could not remember is if the Founders or PHX packs, similarly existed for a while after the actual content infusion. On my Founders, I got my stuff pretty much right away.

View Postkapusta11, on 21 September 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

This one looks better, shorter legs and no torso twist problems.
Posted Image

agreed. I think the STs/Shoulders still need to stick out a little more, but it seems more mechanically sound.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

The likely variants are:
  • KGC-000: ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso
  • KGC-0000: ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso
  • KGC-010: ballistics in both arms, energy in both side-torsos, missiles in both side-torsos
The KGC-000b (ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso) is a SLDF Royals exclusive model; PGI hasn't introduced SLDF Royals variants for any other 'Mechs, so they probably won't do so for the KGC.

The Clanbuster variant (the KGC-001) isn't available until 3052, and the next variant after that (the KGC-005) isn't available until 3062; it is unlikely that PGI would introduce those variants early.

----------

http://mwomercs.com/...80#entry3745680
http://mwomercs.com/...04#entry3747104

apparently I was channeling my inner Strum, yesterday!

#66 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Yes the Clan wave 1 is nearly a year since the first start, but there should be no difference if you bought it now or next week or before the last day.
The criteria for the bonus is that you own it before a certain date.
In case of the IS mechs, it should be October/December.
  • Centurion CN9-AH: October 21st, 2014.
  • Atlas AS7-S: October 21st, 2014.
  • King Crab: December 16th, 2014.
  • Mad Dog: Starting September 23rd, 2014, and every following business day at approximately 4PM PDT / 7PM EDT / 11PM UTC.

#67 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostJin Ma, on 20 September 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

So this is MWO's marauder as HG wont let us have the real one

#68 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 20 September 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Because it's super wide. From the scale there it looks like an Atlas and a half? Imagine an Awesome, but with another Awesome duct-taped flat to its head and all the damage from front or down goes to the same CT. That's a King Crab.

wide - death

Thats the way it was for the awesome since forever

#69 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 21 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

if we get a Marauder and it looks like that concept there, I'll be a happy little boy lol

#70 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 21 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Marauder II mebbe.

About 25 tons too fat, 20 kph too slow and armed way wrong to be a Marauder!

#71 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Marauder II mebbe.

About 25 tons too fat, 20 kph too slow and armed way wrong to be a Marauder!

Well one of the pics WAS a marauder was why I said that lol

#72 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Very nice job on design guys, but I hope that green camo with mouth will not be our new special KING CRAB . . . .

#73 MATRAKA14

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

The walk animation must feel powerful/heavy, we don't want to see them walk like stalkers o dires ...

#74 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

its hit box for the cockpit will have to be really small. As a prolific head shotter I know having this ones cockpit in what looks like dead center of mass is asking for a few unintentional headshots.

Not complaining, but I DO enjoy the difficulty of the challenge of cockpit shots.

#75 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

As a atlas freak i cant wait for that Atlas.

#76 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostAH Keira_NZ, on 21 September 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

its hit box for the cockpit will have to be really small. As a prolific head shotter I know having this ones cockpit in what looks like dead center of mass is asking for a few unintentional headshots.

Not complaining, but I DO enjoy the difficulty of the challenge of cockpit shots.

you stay away from my cockpit!

#77 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

i dont care if its shorter than the atlas, just let me run the double ac20 in the face of some clanner and im all good

#78 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostAztecD, on 21 September 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

i dont care if its shorter than the atlas, just let me run the double ac20 in the face of some clanner and im all good
this this and more THIS!!!

#79 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

The likely variants are:

I'm thinking they will increase the hardpoints in the two identical models. Something like:
  • KGC-000: ballistics in both arms, two energy in the right torso, two missiles in the left torso
  • KGC-0000: two ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso

#80 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostKrinkov, on 21 September 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

I'm thinking they will increase the hardpoints in the two identical models. Something like:
  • KGC-000: ballistics in both arms, two energy in the right torso, two missiles in the left torso
  • KGC-0000: two ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso
yeah and I'd buy all 3 lol

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users