Dev Vlog #8

63 replies to this topic

#61 MWilson109

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 21 October 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

The Bushwacker comes out into full production 3053.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/bushwacker
The Bushwacker was originally a failed BattleMech designed to have a smaller forward profile to make the 'Mech a harder target to hit. The Bushwacker's unique design caused problems with the engine shielding, the side-effects of which manifested themselves as various gremlins in the 'Mech's on board electronics on the prototypes fielded during the Clan Invasion. The 'Mech was redesigned after schematics for an OmniMech known as the Vulture were captured during a raid into Clan territory. Information gleaned from the schematics was used to overcome the aforementioned engine shielding problems. Finding the schematics had given the Bushwacker a second lease on life. Full production of the corrected Bushwacker began just after the Truce of Tukayyid, and the 'Mech has since become a favorite of MechWarriors in the Draconis and Capellan Marches of the Federated Suns.[3][1]

Just my oppinion.
Should come out after Community warfare and the IS penetrates into clan territory. Would be true-ish to cannon. And cool to play out the events leading to its Development.
One of my favourite mechs. This and the Vulture.

Edited by MWilson109, 27 October 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#62 B0ilerPlate

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWhere am I?

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

WHERE'S MY CAULDY? Personally I think the next clan pack should include the EbonJaguar/Cauldy and Kodiak.

Edit: Both of these mechs should be already OUT by now, with the clan invasions, EJ being created in 3049, and the good ol' Kodiak in 3001!

Edited by B0ilerPlate, 27 October 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#63 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

where's the next Dev Log. A little bit late now.. Maybe?

#64 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostB0ilerPlate, on 27 October 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

WHERE'S MY CAULDY? Personally I think the next clan pack should include the EbonJaguar/Cauldy and Kodiak.

Edit: Both of these mechs should be already OUT by now, with the clan invasions, EJ being created in 3049, and the good ol' Kodiak in 3001!

The Cauldron-Born will likely be in a 'Mech pack sooner rather than later (since the Prime, A, B, and C configurations are available as of 3049).
Hopefully, PGI will use the the more-symmetrical (with the cockpit being laterally-centered) canonical appearance of the 'Mech for the MWO rendition, rather than the lop-sided... thing... that MW4 tried to pass-off as a Cauldron-Born.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Kodiak, on the other hand, is a non-OmniTech Clan BattleMech that doesn't get a second variant available until 3052, and doesn't get a third variant available until 3062.
(Also, note that only the post-3062 variants mount Jump Jets; contrary to popular belief, the primary variant of the Kodiak is NOT jump-capable.)
Between being a non-Omni Clan 'Mech & having its variants so far out-of-time for MWO, it seems unlikely that the Kodiak would be in-game anytime soon... if ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users