Where The Mad Dog (Vulture) Went Oh So Wrong. Offically Closed! Problem Fixed!

223 replies to this topic

#221 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

Good. One less thing to be upset about.

#222 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Hey, I have been taking mine into FW lately, and actually having good success Granted both are SRM centric but the Mad Dog does perform well if you can act as support and ambush, Granted fighting Meta builds toe to toe is not easy but, people to under estimate the firepower a Mad Dog can bring to bear.....

P.S. Makes for a Great Kodiak Drop deck!

Kodiak, Mad Dog, Mad Dog, Arctic Cheetah/Jenner IIC.

I mean, Loken Ten (and other EVIL guys) brings tons of streak dogs into CW and rarely gets below 2k in matches I've fought against him...and often close to or exceeding 3k.

My problem with the Vulture is more of the fact that it isn't good for anything other than missiles. If the MDD-C ballistic arms were higher then it could have more potential, but a somewhat fragile mech only being good for brawling is a bit limiting.

It looks so good that I don't really care though, if I'm able to make mechbay space I'll probably buy some MDDs back.

#223 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

View PostChimera11, on 17 June 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

I mean, Loken Ten (and other EVIL guys) brings tons of streak dogs into CW and rarely gets below 2k in matches I've fought against him...and often close to or exceeding 3k.

My problem with the Vulture is more of the fact that it isn't good for anything other than missiles. If the MDD-C ballistic arms were higher then it could have more potential, but a somewhat fragile mech only being good for brawling is a bit limiting.

It looks so good that I don't really care though, if I'm able to make mechbay space I'll probably buy some MDDs back.

Its not a mech meant to take damage, its mobile, and packs as you said lots of missiles, can do close or long range easy, though the LRM dog is kinda meh, it is lethal as a support mech, IMO better then the Archer still.

#224 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

View PostChimera11, on 17 June 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

They do this to move up on the leaderboards, but they are invited by other teams that will provide the direct fire for them. It is the sucker on the whale symbiotic relationship. Epeen and damage over quick killing. They just provide a ton of damage that is still useful. They are good players in any other build, just in this way they also get to scam the leader boards. DO NOT CONSIDER 2 to 2.5 K in streaks the same as 2-2.5k in a direct fire mech. It is more like 1.5k damage.

56 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 56 guests, 0 anonymous users