Why Do I Face Lords?

124 replies to this topic

#1 Duran Vancor

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

The thread title is pretty much the topic. Why does somebody like me face Lords or similarly skilled players? I'm as average as you can be, maybe below average since Clans arrived with the ones I want not available yet.

It's pointless when a match takes 2 minutes and ends with a 12:0 and a "ggclose", no?

#2 Ulketulke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:46 PM

Either the Matchmaker is crap or the playerbase is too small.
Choose whatever you like.

#3 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

There's only usually 50-100 people playing this game at once worldwide...you're lucky to play anyone at all.

#4 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

I believe the fix to this was setting global chat by default to off. That way you don't see the "ggclose".

That should solve the issue you're having.

#5 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 06 October 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

There's only usually 50-100 people playing this game at once worldwide...you're lucky to play anyone at all.

LOL seriously? The playerbase is that small on this game? No wonder they are charging 55 bucks a mech.....they are probably on the down hill slope unless they really do something to spice this game up and make it more appealing....are those numbers seriously legit? 50-100?

#6 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 06 October 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

LOL seriously? The playerbase is that small on this game? No wonder they are charging 55 bucks a mech.....they are probably on the down hill slope unless they really do something to spice this game up and make it more appealing....are those numbers seriously legit? 50-100?

50-100 was being generous...half of those are probably alt accounts of other players. Don't give them any ideas about charging $100+ for mechs!

#7 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

As one of the absolute worst players of this game, I can attest that the player base is so small that I am regularly paired with (and against) personages from the "competitive" crowd.

Sad, really, when it could have been so much different.

#8 Scryed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

Everyone one that used to play left because it is the same rehashed **** over and over how long would you stay with a game if it had only 3 game modes for a year straight, chances are not very long, not to mention you might get stomped in lets say half of those battles, only the hardcore are staying.

#9 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

Player base is not that small. In solo the names change match to match more than stay the same. I think what is happening is the synch drops are getting more prevalent by the day.

I face three lords in the same lance in solo last night. They farm solo que like the rest of the losers who synch drop.

Join a faction? Show me one honorable one. Most sponsor the synchs themselves.

Goes to character no matter how much lore BS you sling in chat and on the forums

#10 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Try playing in the solo queue. They don't usually go there. To be honest, the big, well-trained and organized Units are the ones almost no one wants to play with. From what I can tell, the solo-only queue was created to keep them away from everyone else and Community Warfare will likely devolve to being their playpen.

#11 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

Actually if the Player Numbers were growing they would put the player counter back in

#12 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

Show me how you reached that number, unless of course you simply reached it from somewhere behind you.

#13 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

View PostDarth Mech, on 06 October 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

As one of the absolute worst players of this game, I can attest that the player base is so small that I am regularly paired with (and against) personages from the "competitive" crowd.

Sad, really, when it could have been so much different.

Truer words have never been spoken. In the beginning, we probably had 5 times as many players as today. They should have split the queues then because the playerbase could easily handle it. Thousands would not have left due to being stomped by organized competitive Units and there would be more than enough for a 5 to 12-man queue, a small casual unit queue and a solo queue -all with reasonable wait times.

Edited by Triordinant, 06 October 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#14 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

50-100??

Player base cant be that small, i see to many different names in pug drops. When i switch to team i see a whole set of other names.
Though i am staring to see some 'elo mates' but thats like 2-5 recurring names i might see 2-3 times in 10-15 matches.

#15 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostUlketulke, on 06 October 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Either the Matchmaker is crap or the playerbase is too small.
Choose whatever you like.

OOOH OOOH OOOH I know! Player base too small, that's why they have to collapse the queues, because even 3 count em 3 game modes was too much. They can try to disguise it how they like but that's what the new mode voting is doing. Not enough players for their match maker to work with in 3 modes. Splitting small player base will ruin even a decent match maker.

#16 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

LORD MATCHMAKER
ggclose

#17 Duran Vancor

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

To make something clear. I am not angry at those players, or blaming them for anything really. I simply don't want to face somebody with a 10:1 win:lose ratio and don't understand why the matchmaker thinks it is a good idea.

I want to fight with average Joes like me and have close and fun matches. It's possible the playerbase really is low. Looking at my rank in the torunament, I am 704 in the IS light bracket. The only light mech I play is the Firestarter trial and I'm really not that great. If I'm sup 1000 there really aren't many players.

#18 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

MM will widen search to 1400 ELO so you are paired up with 25-75 of players if you are average

#19 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

I hope you're joking.

Because the alternative is that you think there are a maximum of FOUR entire matches happening at once world wide.

#20 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

matchmaker working as intended. after set time, it gives up and just throws 24 people together and starts a game. ggclose

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users