ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 07 October 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Yeah, 80% of a small group of a small group. You didn't even have the same turnout for that poll as you did the heavy mech poll. A lot of people that voted for this crap thought this would get rid of stomps which it has not. On a similar note why listen to a tiny "majority" this time but not all the other times like 3rd person and ghost heat?

Bringing up the things done when having a publisher to answer to is hardly conducive to dealing with the realities of NOW.

They didn't "listen" on 3pV because they had a boss to answer to. Now that "boss" is us, the consumer, and their own vision. And hey, if people are so against something then they need to get off their butts and be proactive. Not ignore everything, then QQ about it AFTER.

#82 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostWM Jeri, on 07 October 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

I agree with this definitely an uneviable position to be in however I fail to see how limiting customer choice is a good thing especially with a feature that has been in for so long. At the end of the day there will always be winners and losers and up to this point my issues were primarily promised delivery, this is really the first big game function issue that has peeved me in a way I would not have imagined.

I dislike that they took the ability to choose away, but it was by popular vote. They probably did run the poll to short and not give it enough visibility, but really I would have thought that those players that care would check up on this kind of stuff regularly. I can only imagine Russ thinking the same, and can understand why he would implement it.

#83 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 07 October 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

Please read here and follow the feedback thread to the new poll

http://mwomercs.com/...me-mode-voting/

Make sure everyone votes.

I for one appreciate your efforts to talk to the community Russ, playing your game for years now and communication is always a good thing. High five and sorry if people are getting there panties in a bunch over voting for added features in a game we want to grow.

#84 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 07 October 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

That's just it though the stomps are still going to happen, and instead of fixing anything we are left with a lot of angry people. A lot of those yes votes were people thinking this was going to be a huge improvement when that was never going to happen. People always have an excuse as to why they lose and the MM is a favorite target.

I have said this^^^ on several threads now. I may have the highest ELO in the game in a Meta-Victor, but if I drop with a 2 LL Awesome, my team is going to be hurt. MM can't balance pilot whims. I have run some totally crazy builds that absolutely sucked and my team lost largely because I was useless to them. It just happens and there is nothing anyone can do about.

#85 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

For now I will stick it out but I will and will advise everyone to either overheat or walk out of bounds if they hate conquest so as to send a message

This is a horrible thing to say/do as a mechwarrior. You don't have the gumption to overcome? That and you will put your team at a disadvantage in such a horrible way?

#86 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 October 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

Bringing up the things done when having a publisher to answer to is hardly conducive to dealing with the realities of NOW.

They didn't "listen" on 3pV because they had a boss to answer to. Now that "boss" is us, the consumer, and their own vision. And hey, if people are so against something then they need to get off their butts and be proactive. Not ignore everything, then QQ about it AFTER.

Using IGP as an excuse for this is not going to cut it this time. Saying that they are finally listening and doing something based off a poll that was only open for a few days and not put somewhere where people could easily see it without looking is just an attempt to shake responsibility. As for being proactive not all of us are on here all the damn time like some, but at least you know I am around here a lot. I told them no when they talked about it a month ago, but I never saw the poll until it was already closed so in the end my voice was never heard until it was too late.

View PostShinobiHunter, on 07 October 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

I have said this^^^ on several threads now. I may have the highest ELO in the game in a Meta-Victor, but if I drop with a 2 LL Awesome, my team is going to be hurt. MM can't balance pilot whims. I have run some totally crazy builds that absolutely sucked and my team lost largely because I was useless to them. It just happens and there is nothing anyone can do about.

Exactly, so why bother with this change as it isn't going to fix it enough(if at all) to make up for the loss of choice?

#87 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

so to sum up..

"well, they weren't supposed to listen to polls when I disagree with them!!!"

#88 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 07 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

I don't know if this explains it, but I would hazard a guess that there's a shortage of light and medium mechs in skirmish mode, and a shortage of heavy and assault mechs in conquest. So light mechs will rarely be forced to play conquest, while assault mechs group queue will rarely constantly be forced to play conquest.

FTFY!

Edited by Gyrok, 07 October 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#89 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 07 October 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah if I run my Battlemaster or any other assault mech, hahaha good luck team. I wish it would track ELO per individual mech.

#90 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

we removed the second question from the poll, in doing so we blew it up.

So go vote again.

#91 RighteousDude

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 07 October 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

So go vote again.

Nah. you don't need my vote, you have my money. I'm not ashamed of it. I've payed more for handys in dark alleys that were at least half as entertaining as this game. best of luck and best wishes to you and the team. Just, maybe stop listening to the majority? like I said in my above post. Because honestly, knowing that a program is intentionally teaming me up with these people is the worst. It's easier on the conscience I think if it's known that "things like this just happen". Catering less to the folks that play console systems and/or CoD is a good thing.

I hope I don't sound like a jerk. I was trying to be inspiring.

Edited by RighteousDude, 07 October 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#92 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

My first post here on forums since I hate forums , where do I ask for a refund? .. I am not going to play conquest mode and since over half of my drops are conquest...wasting my time and others is not fun ..
wish I knew before purchasing an upgrade and wave 2...

That is why they invented Private queues.

#93 Hurthammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:28 PM

It's not fun playing a match that you can't decide what you want to play. As a loyal customer over the last two years, I am not happy or satisfied with the new MM. I spent all night playing conquest. I don't care for it but was forced to play it. I earened less cbills tonight than I ever had on my crappiest night because I was forced by PGI to play a match style I don't care for and never select. As a paying customer I am not happy. That fact should matter. Sorry, it should.

#94 Hurthammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 07 October 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

So go vote again.

Russ, it's broke. Please fix it. Roll it back to yesterday. Please. The new MM is not right. It's not fun anymore.

#95 Hurthammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Mind you, I'm not crying for a refund. I just would prefer the old MM back. The change is too much. I feel it should of been rolled out more slowly, giving us time to adjust. I'm not having fun anymore. I want to play the game style I actually select. That is not happening, I feel like I'm playing a game I don't have control over. A game PGI has selected for me. It's not fun.

#96 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 07 October 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Not sure if the ticket system is working yet. If not you have to email support.

ticket system is still down and emailing seems to be about a week backlogged. Been trying to get a simple name correction/change and even thats a drama

Edited by AH Keira_NZ, 07 October 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#97 WM Jeri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 07 October 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

That is why they invented Private queues.

Or the uninstall feature in windows.

#98 RighteousDude

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostHurthammer, on 07 October 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

Mind you, I'm not crying for a refund. I just would prefer the old MM back. The change is too much. I feel it should of been rolled out more slowly, giving us time to adjust. I'm not having fun anymore. I want to play the game style I actually select. That is not happening, I feel like I'm playing a game I don't have control over. A game PGI has selected for me. It's not fun.

I dunno man. I'm pertaining to your statement about wanting the old matchmaker back... I cannot agree to that. If I recall, the most fun I had playing this game was back when they took matchmaker out. Pitting 8V8 was easy enough after they had a refined match making system, but now we're talking clan's and 12v12... IMO, take the ELO system out and match players based on mech weight (maybe even some to do with their maximum possible DPS, sustainable DPS and alpha strikes as a factor) Sure being forced to play a game mode I don't want to is irritating, but what makes me want my money back is being forced onto teams of BRAND NEW PLAYERS in an attempt to keep my win/loss ratio at 1....

I have stated this all over the forums, Some of the best games ever made employ a system called "Join Server" you get bad teams, you get good teams, but you can switch teams or leave the server; you're never forced into a situation that you cannot control. Furthermore, the current system encourages "Cheese" built Mechs. Pack as many of the highest of the fasted damaging weapons that you can that are the same weapon type size and weight so make it easy to point, click, destroy. How it encourages this behavior was stated very lightly in another thread, where I believe the gentleman was saying : "I have a 3.14 W/L and a 4:1 K/D just CARRY THAT SUCK TEAM HARDER" NO. the team needs to behave as a team, please please please, take ELO out of this game and use passive if not active means of promoting team work. If I'm not being forced to play with noob teams because my W/L just hit 2:1 again, I'm pretty sure it will be more difficult to complain about.

#99 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 07 October 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

ticket system is still down and emailing seems to be about a week backlogged. Been trying to get a simple name correction/change and even thats a drama

I saw you in-game. Nothing wrong with the name?! I like it actualy.

#100 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

View PostGodfrey Kasparov, on 07 October 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I want to play MechWarrior not mechcapper ...I only have problems with conquest ....the other styles are fine

no I cant tolerate conquest ......I unchecked it as soon as it was available ...stopped PLAYING WHEN I GOT IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER

even the old mechwarriors you have objectives.

If you don't like conquest then uncheck the box, problem solve, need for whinge solved, refund rejected

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users