- - - - -

Game Mode Voting - Poll V2.0

972 replies to this topic

Poll: Game Mode Voting - Poll V2.0 (2802 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to keep the game mode voting system as currently implemented?

1. Yes - I want the improvement in team ELO differences. (1445 votes [51.59%])

Percentage of vote: 51.59%

2. No - I would rather be assured of the game modes I am playing. (1356 votes [48.41%])

Percentage of vote: 48.41%

Vote

#961 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostRaby760, on 08 October 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

If I'm playing with a pre-made team, I won't do it. Only if I'm PUGing. And so what? In PUG matches, I rarely get players who play as a team. Most of the time, they leave me behind in my Dire Wolf to get picked off when I try to catch up, or they don't support a push when I'm intentionally drawing fire for them.

If anything, blame PGI for forcing me into conquest.

It's not like I do not understand your concerns, but you have to realise that throwing your toys out of the pram and ruining the game for the rest of your team does nothing except make you look like a Muppet baby. Blame PGI if you want, but you are the one that did it, it's your doing.

I hate conquest too, it's a stupid game mode, but when I heard about Russ's ideas for the queue/map selection (we wont be getting the map selection option without the queue btw) I put conquest back in rotation to re-learn the spawns. when the patch went live I unchecked conquest, and I have not had a conquest match yet. That's my anecdotal evidence anyway.

Edited by Ozric, 08 October 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#962 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostBigBadVlad, on 08 October 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

heh and I can say I've seen the opposite a number of times. One team splits up a bit to do some capping and the other team masses and destroys a number of mechs at one cap point. Then they typically proceed to smash some more at the next furball and then proceed to cap and kill.

My experience has been it's pretty rare to see a lone mech win by cap and then it's usually only Alpine that can be pulled off.

My experience in conquest is the mode should have been called "kill the fast mechs" because thats how you win.

#963 Dagor1

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

I was just in a match where 23 people did not know about the poll....

#964 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm just a casual player who has taken a holiday from MWO - I just can't stand the stomps. If it weren't for a friend who's an avid player, I wouldn't have know about the poll - I don't read the forums regularly.

So, for those who vote yes to this - how many players are you willing to see abandon MWO? Is that loss worth the ELO improvement you might see (keeping in mind that x number of players leaving the game means x less to spread ELO amongst)?

CW is supposed to be where the competitive groups will go, so leaving the casual groups no choice in their game mode is going to improve ELO enough to justify the loss of a number of players - color me skeptical.

#965 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostRaby760, on 08 October 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

If I'm playing with a pre-made team, I won't do it. Only if I'm PUGing. And so what? In PUG matches, I rarely get players who play as a team. Most of the time, they leave me behind in my Dire Wolf to get picked off when I try to catch up, or they don't support a push when I'm intentionally drawing fire for them.

If anything, blame PGI for forcing me into conquest.

Solo que is hardly what you could call a "team game" anyways given that they routinely leave slow mechs behind to die

#966 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 08 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Removing my ability to choose game modes doesnt do this though

exactly, removing the ability to choose game modes doesn't fix the reasons people don't like those game modes at all... so it's just forcing someone to play something they don't want, and when people are forced to do things they don't want, fun level drops, and they may look elsewhere to other games for their fun...

#967 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

To the people who feel this yes/no poll isn't bias or worded in such a way to deliver slanted results, I cahllenge you and PGI to do a poll with more choices and see what kind of results you get with clearer options like:
1) I prefer better ELO matchmaking and I like voting/random game modes
2) I prefer better ELO matchmaking but I prefer to choose my game mode and only play modes I enjoy
3) I prefer the old match making system but I like the idea of voting/random game modes
4) I prefer the old matchmaking system and I prefer to choose and only play game modes I enjoy
Run this poll and see if the majority of our community still vote for 1) above all other choices. Based on what I have read in the 48 pages of this topic I think 2) would have the highest results. But even if it doesn't at least this poll would give PGI a more accurate view of what their community really wants than a yes or no poll that is worded poorly.

#968 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

4 out of 21

#969 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostFelio, on 08 October 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

He specifically said he didn't want to take anyone away from working on Community Warfare to work on this.

Why is it when I said that, people flat out accused me of looking to start trouble?

And no he didnt, he was talking about an in game poll, as was pointed out to me many times

View PostPyrrho, on 08 October 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

The Electoral College would like to discuss voting in America with you :)

How many times does one have to repeat game development =/= real life government and if this whole fiasco doesnt show you that then I dont know what will

#970 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have the Perfect Mech for Coquest...I still WONT play it.

#971 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 08 October 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Why is it when I said that, people flat out accused me of looking to start trouble?

And no he didnt, he was talking about an in game poll, as was pointed out to me many times

How many times does one have to repeat game development =/= real life government and if this whole fiasco doesnt show you that then I dont know what will

Probably because the rollback is already going to go down.
http://mwomercs.com/...oved-4pm-today/

#972 Raby760

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

View PostOzric, on 08 October 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

It's not like I do not understand your concerns, but you have to realise that throwing your toys out of the pram and ruining the game for the rest of your team does nothing except make you look like a Muppet baby. Blame PGI if you want, but you are the one that did it, it's your doing.

I hate conquest too, it's a stupid game mode, but when I heard about Russ's ideas for the queue/map selection (we wont be getting the map selection option without the queue btw) I put conquest back in rotation to re-learn the spawns. when the patch went live I unchecked conquest, and I have not had a conquest match yet. That's my anecdotal evidence anyway.

If they are forcing me into conquest, and I don't want to play conquest, I'm not sticking around. I know how to play conquest, and I have an effective strategy for all classes of mechs. But I like to fight to the last mech and prefer Skirmish. I tolerate assault because it pretty much ends up the same.

#973 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostYUyahoo, on 08 October 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

To the people who feel this yes/no poll isn't bias or worded in such a way to deliver slanted results, I cahllenge you and PGI to do a poll with more choices and see what kind of results you get with clearer options like:
1) I prefer better ELO matchmaking and I like voting/random game modes
2) I prefer better ELO matchmaking but I prefer to choose my game mode and only play modes I enjoy
3) I prefer the old match making system but I like the idea of voting/random game modes
4) I prefer the old matchmaking system and I prefer to choose and only play game modes I enjoy
Run this poll and see if the majority of our community still vote for 1) above all other choices. Based on what I have read in the 48 pages of this topic I think 2) would have the highest results. But even if it doesn't at least this poll would give PGI a more accurate view of what their community really wants than a yes or no poll that is worded poorly.

Yea but WE can only create polls in one small part of the forums. You cant even make them in Gendisc anymore. Plus, biased polls are moderatable, so we would then run the risk of getting disciplined for making such a poll XD

View PostBilbo, on 08 October 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Probably because the rollback is already going to go down.
http://mwomercs.com/...oved-4pm-today/

Im very happy about that - but a tweet made hours after I was accused of making trouble for posting my opinion....

View PostRaby760, on 08 October 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

If they are forcing me into conquest, and I don't want to play conquest, I'm not sticking around. I know how to play conquest, and I have an effective strategy for all classes of mechs. But I like to fight to the last mech and prefer Skirmish. I tolerate assault because it pretty much ends up the same.

Its being rolled back at 4 pm in a hotfix according to Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users