New Lrm Range Mod

24 replies to this topic

#1 Kaneri

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

So only 20M on the new LRM range mods how lame is that its only 100m total increase we still cant compete withe the ballistic that can shoot over 1600M Come on PGI Make the LRM Range Mods worth buying and Increase them to 50M or 100M so we can compete with the snipers

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

Most of the time Lurms won't even maintain their lock for that kind of distance anyways (target has a LOT of time to find cover). Not much of a loss.

#3 Kaneri

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

I'm New I can only hope they will be use full with the long range snipers maybe least ill keep there heads down

#4 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

View PostKaneri, on 07 October 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

So only 20M on the new LRM range mods how lame is that its only 100m total increase we still cant compete withe the ballistic that can shoot over 1600M Come on PGI Make the LRM Range Mods worth buying and Increase them to 50M or 100M so we can compete with the snipers

your not MEANT to compete with snipers... snipers are meant to.

100m more gets you up and over some big obstacles and on target for targets just outside your normal range, thats the point. its a tweak, not a monster boost. No weapon mod is. They are all just tweaks. You dont HAVE to buy them you no.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

View PostKaneri, on 07 October 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

I'm New I can only hope they will be use full with the long range snipers maybe least ill keep there heads down

odd...your account is over a year old.

#6 Kaneri

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

cause i lost my internet for 9 months

#7 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

I would have preferred a mod that deceased the MINIMUM range by 20 meters or so.

#8 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

You are realy funny. Thumbs up. :D

I remember a MW game where your mech exploded when you got hit when you fired missels.....

Edited by Marc von der Heide, 07 October 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#9 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 07 October 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

I would have preferred a mod that deceased the MINIMUM range by 20 meters or so.

What this man said....

A range increase is not needed for Lurms. As they should be fired with LoS to be most effective, the range is somewhat around 400 to 700...

Ok, i know many are using blind fire. But someone who is blindfiring at 960m... Well this pilot won't get any real benefit from some more meters as he isn't doing good anyway. Besides feeding the haters... :D

Edited by Draal Kaan, 07 October 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#10 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 07 October 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

You are realy funny. Thumbs up. :D

I remember a MW game where your mech exploded when you got hit when you fired missels.....

MW 2 Vulture side torsos.

Fun old times you had to fire at target straight ahead and even pray

#11 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

You guys are forgetting that the range of the LRMs is how far the missile can travel, not the straight line distance between your mech and the other mech. So with the range mode, it can track and move an addition 100m -- which can be useful in med to long range against lights. In certain arcs, the distance travelled by the missile would also exceed the straight line distance, so having a bit more can become useful.

Not great, but workable.

#12 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

LRMs need different weapon modules than the rest of the weapons. What we need is a set of these modules:
First, decrease of minimum range for IS LRMs.
Second, faster flight speed. Non-negotiable, not having this in game means everything else has no impact. LRMs are poor weapon system because of poor damage application, and we need module that directly adresses this.
Third, cooldown - we already have this so gj PGI, even though I have an objection to its current implementation because giving specific launchers their unique modules is pointless, it is still an LRM launcher and unlike ballistics you usually have to mix those at least a bit in order to fill all the space you can.
Fourth one should be something that should make dumbfiring usefull. Right now it is simply terrible and should be adressed by, I don't know, making the missiles follow the pointer and this way created a semi-guided missiles? This would limit the OP ECM impact and should be fun to use - and fun is all games should be about.

Tighter spread and target locking shouldn't be modules because there are already different mechanics in game for this.

#13 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:04 AM

100m is plenty. Some players will get used to LRMs being 1,000m and skirt that range against an LRM boat.

#14 Vervuel

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

Amen Mordin, one of my favorite things to do is troll DDC's with an lrm5 boat, dumbfiring missilles all around them and watching them spin in circles. Or kill an ecm light who thinks, "no way someone has target lock on me, I have ecm!" And they take 60-odd missiles and die (works best with IS, Clan stream fire not so much).

#15 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

I'd have been happier with an LRM velocity increase module instead.

That'd actually have increased my effective reach. An extra 100m only means firing at range stupid got a bit further out.

#16 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 08 October 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

LRMs need different weapon modules than the rest of the weapons. What we need is a set of these modules:
First, decrease of minimum range for IS LRMs.
Second, faster flight speed. Non-negotiable, not having this in game means everything else has no impact. LRMs are poor weapon system because of poor damage application, and we need module that directly adresses this.
Third, cooldown - we already have this so gj PGI, even though I have an objection to its current implementation because giving specific launchers their unique modules is pointless, it is still an LRM launcher and unlike ballistics you usually have to mix those at least a bit in order to fill all the space you can.
Fourth one should be something that should make dumbfiring usefull. Right now it is simply terrible and should be adressed by, I don't know, making the missiles follow the pointer and this way created a semi-guided missiles? This would limit the OP ECM impact and should be fun to use - and fun is all games should be about.

Tighter spread and target locking shouldn't be modules because there are already different mechanics in game for this.

They can't even fix the lrm lock bug., Its been around for 4 months.

#17 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostFupDup, on 07 October 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

Most of the time Lurms won't even maintain their lock for that kind of distance anyways (target has a LOT of time to find cover). Not much of a loss.

I know right. There is no way anyone is really going to hit me with LRMs at 1100m let alone 800m unless I am out in the open on Alpine or something.

#18 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

Pointless module is pointless.

I want a TAG +range module.

#19 Dragomir Zelenka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 07 October 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Exactly. That would be vastly more useful. Even 1 that reduced it by 10 meters would be helpful.

#20 Thorqemada

• 6,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:10 PM

Yeah - the IS-LRM would need a min range decreaser.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users