Who Stays And Watches After Death?

93 replies to this topic

#21 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When I see a stick-aimer that can't hold their laser on anything, I know it's time to leave.

#22 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

I always stay and watch, not just for the reasons already mentioned, but because I don't want to spend millions of c-bills on duplicate modules and the one I need is locked in my mech until the match is over.

#23 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostFupDup, on 08 October 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I always stay and watch, or maybe grab a snack. I've never seen the point in "ragequitting" instantly after death, because your mech is still locked in the game anyways. Might as well get some closure and see how things went, and how you might be able to not dun-goof next time.

Who said anything about rage quitting. For me it's simply a matter of maximizing my in game time. I've already spectated thousands of matches from my days in a unit. If I want to watch someone else play the game at this point I'll go to youtube.

#24 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

I usually stay and watch. It's a good way to check out mechs I don't have or load outs. It also helps learn the new maps faster.

#25 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Modules make me want to stick around so that I can use them in the next match. It's annoying. Sometimes I'll quit out early and just play an ECM mech for the next match.

The only matches where I want to stay are the ones where I was doing well before I died. If I got killed early I don't care about the match at all and even if I 'stay' I'll probably be tabbed out reading fanfiction or something.

#26 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

I sometimes watch, but i shouldnt i tend to get frustrated...

#27 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

Dont you loose any assists and such if you leave and they happened after 2 minutes?

I always stay unless i have a dire reason not to....bathroom, food, beer. Etc. Even then i usually just leave it and let the match end while im off doing my stuff.

Helping the team is a big one too, lots of fun sometimes to help your teammates and honestly its more beneficial for you to help them from death. Might help them pull out a W even know they are missing one.

Edited by DarthRevis, 08 October 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#28 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

I usually stick around. Bullshit with the guys I know on the various teams, etc.

I don't think I've ever Rage Quit, but there have been a few times that I've quit to stop the pain of watching (watching your team's 4 mech lead evaporate is just painful).

Typically though, I die and immediately jump up to let a dog out or grab something from the kitchen. Game is still running because I do like to see the match end page.

I usually don't run the same mech twice in a row, so that's not an issue holding me in a match. I have a few spares. ;)

Edited by RussianWolf, 08 October 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#29 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Really depends on your mood and/or the task you're trying to accomplish:

If it's been an interesting match up until the point where I died, or it's neck & neck, I'll stay and watch.

If it's just conquest with lights running around capping, chances are I'll probably go.

If I really need to farm CBills, I'll take off as soon as I die (which, ideally, isn't at all lol, but we all die eventually [deep stuff]) and go grind with another unused mech.

Sometimes I'm on a roll with on mech in particular, in which case I'll stay and wait it out, as I want to play the mech again when it's done.

#30 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

I almost always stick around.

About the only time I leave early is if I do something stupid and get knocked our real early.

Other than that, I like sticking around till the end.

#31 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

I also like to stick around to chat with the players who often like to ask me questions.

#32 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

There is always something to learn, better stay most of times.

#33 Mazerius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn Your Periphery Stealin Your Planets

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

I stay, sometimes its a good show and you can learn something, sometimes its a disastrously bad show and you still learn something(like dont do this or youll have a bad time)

#34 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Depends on the match. If the match is still live, as in still even, then, yes.

If It's sliding to win, yes.

If it's a stomp, usually not.

Unfortunately, half the time watching makes me infuriated. I get stuck with watching some fellow who decides that lobbing lrms into the wall is great, or who has every weapon on all fire, no matter the range, or is trying to snipe with Small Lasers, or who slooooowly (Could have fired twice) aims away from the guy shooting him and fires into a wall with everything.

The other half of the time I'm directing the flow of battle. "Target here, heading here" "Push here" Or, my favorite one from an insanely close match on alpine "Let them have the hill and flank them." (We lost because their Misery got lucky. Last mech standing.)

#35 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

I usually stick around to the end. If you haven't tried it you should hit Right Shift + F11 and watch without all the HUD/chat stuff. Sometimes it makes viewing more fun. Although I do wish I could switch who I'm spectating more easily when doing it.

#36 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

I usually stick around, at least long enough to see all of my teammates loadouts, and just to try to use chat to help the team play better.

#37 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

I always like to stick around to the end to see if my death meant anything. Just the other day a friend and I dropped onto Caustic Valley with two slow mechs in a spawn that was so far removed from the rest of the team that the two lights in our lance had *cough* no choice but to abandon us *cough* and we were stuck fighting half of the enemy team for about five minutes as they rolled over us. But as I watched from my ejector seat I saw that our sacrifice tore the enemy out of position and over the next ten minutes our team was able to whittle the enemy team down to nothing from superior positions along the caldera.

It felt good, even with my butt shot out from under me.

#38 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

If I wasn't the first one out I tend to stay and watch. It's fun/useful to me to see everyone else's loadouts and playing habits

#39 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

If I die meaningfully, a la in glorious charge, I stay.
If I die from lurmrain 1 minute in I DC

#40 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Not often. Might do a quick scan to see if anything interesting is going on but mostly just want to get to the next match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users