Targeting Friendly Mechs

42 replies to this topic

Poll: Targeting friendlies (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have a new key to let you target friendly Mechs

1. Yes (72 votes [73.47%])

Percentage of vote: 73.47%

2. No (16 votes [16.33%])

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

3. Other (explain) (7 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. Don't care (3 votes [3.06%])

Percentage of vote: 3.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 02 January 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

overall there are much better uses of dev time that can't be overcome by simple communication

While not trying to get into a massive argument with you, I should note the following...
  • Not everyone has a Microphone
    (Or for that matter, a webcam with one built in...)
  • Not everyone can speak and/or understand English
    (The same goes for any and every other language in the world, and we sadly don't have universal audio translation...)
  • Many are shy about trying to even speak up
    (This is caused by any number of things ranging from people not having their equipment properly tuned, not naturally being able to speak up well, being scared of what their voice might sound like to others because not everyone was gifted with a naturally good voice, being unwilling due to others having rudely jumped them in the past and causing a feeling like using voice chat is worthless, and many other things... and please pardon the run-on sentence here...)
  • Using the keyboard for Chat while trading fire in combat generally equals instant death
    (This means that about all a person can do is signal with the Command Wheel and leave it at that if they're unable to fully use In-Game VoIP for literally any reason. Even a mere few seconds of time used in Text Chat will leave the Player's Mech in a non-controllable state that will make it too easy for the Enemy Team to kill them. Thus even this issue alone is a major reason why being able to see how your Teammates are badly wounded is rather helpful, because then you immediately know through Targeting of Friendly Mechs as to what side of that Teammate's Mech is in the most need of protection...)
...and I will leave it at this. Sure, this is not the highest priority. But, spending a little bit of Development Time on the various tools for communication can result in a far better Quality-Of-Life for everyone involved. That could even lend to a higher chance of New Pilots sticking with MWO and its' Community, and I've at least got this feeling that you're not a person who would want MWO to go stale and die, right? :o

One thing's for sure as I step out the door here... When in MWO, checking a Teammate's Weaponry, Health, and/or Armor is not anywhere near as easy as other game series like "Counter-Strike", "TitanFall", "Call Of Duty", "BorderLands", "Destiny", and way too many others. :(

~Mr. D. V. "It does not have to be an immediate thing, but it would be very constructive to have it introduced." Devnull

#42 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

While not trying to get into a massive argument with you, I should note the following...
  • Not everyone has a Microphone

(Or for that matter, a webcam with one built in...)
  • Not everyone can speak and/or understand English

(The same goes for any and every other language in the world, and we sadly don't have universal audio translation...)
  • Many are shy about trying to even speak up

(This is caused by any number of things ranging from people not having their equipment properly tuned, not naturally being able to speak up well, being scared of what their voice might sound like to others because not everyone was gifted with a naturally good voice, being unwilling due to others having rudely jumped them in the past and causing a feeling like using voice chat is worthless, and many other things... and please pardon the run-on sentence here...)
  • Using the keyboard for Chat while trading fire in combat generally equals instant death

(This means that about all a person can do is signal with the Command Wheel and leave it at that if they're unable to fully use In-Game VoIP for literally any reason. Even a mere few seconds of time used in Text Chat will leave the Player's Mech in a non-controllable state that will make it too easy for the Enemy Team to kill them. Thus even this issue alone is a major reason why being able to see how your Teammates are badly wounded is rather helpful, because then you immediately know through Targeting of Friendly Mechs as to what side of that Teammate's Mech is in the most need of protection...)
...and I will leave it at this. Sure, this is not the highest priority. But, spending a little bit of Development Time on the various tools for communication can result in a far better Quality-Of-Life for everyone involved. That could even lend to a higher chance of New Pilots sticking with MWO and its' Community, and I've at least got this feeling that you're not a person who would want MWO to go stale and die, right? Posted Image

One thing's for sure as I step out the door here... When in MWO, checking a Teammate's Weaponry, Health, and/or Armor is not anywhere near as easy as other game series like "Counter-Strike", "TitanFall", "Call Of Duty", "BorderLands", "Destiny", and way too many others. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "It does not have to be an immediate thing, but it would be very constructive to have it introduced." Devnull

Sorry, long time without coming back, resurection og an old thread is a bit frightening!!
but i thought i would just add that all the info are here, it's not even "adding" something, it's about removing what prevents us from accessing that info
Again, every other MW had that, i think they removed it due to the fear of players targeting friendlies but that would only add missiles to what can be done with lasers and balistics

#43 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

You don't need to be able to target a team mate if you want the basic info on tier mech - damage, heat, armaments. You should be able to read a scale on their data for heat and damage. When you flash your mouse on them, their loadouts should appear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users