#961 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostDracol, on 22 October 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

A good, something we can debate about and continue this thread to 50 pages!

No to sized hard points because that would kill customization. And who says a 35 ton mech shouldn't be able to mount an ac/20? The mech police?

Oh dear god... that was the second thing I hated about MW 4 was the sized hard points... first and foremost being hard points on the Omni-mehcs, it was just so... I don't know silly?

#962 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 22 October 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Oh dear god... that was the second thing I hated about MW 4 was the sized hard points... first and foremost being hard points on the Omni-mehcs, it was just so... I don't know silly?

Wasn't particularly fond of that, but it at least forced mechs into specific roles. In MW2 mercs, you could put anything anywhere basically just like TT, which left 98% of the mechs completely unused due to hit boxes.

#963 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 22 October 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Wasn't particularly fond of that, but it at least forced mechs into specific roles. In MW2 mercs, you could put anything anywhere basically just like TT, which left 98% of the mechs completely unused due to hit boxes.

Even MW 4 did that, with regards to hit boxes and useless units... I was a fan of MW 2/Mercs/GBL and MW3/Pirate's Moon for game play and unit viability.

#964 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

nice to see the streaght quirks are being changed for a more mixed system that will let the odder builds benefit from them as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users