Post Your Battletech Stuff (Look What I Dug Out Today Old Thread)

135 replies to this topic

#81 Malakie

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 78 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 December 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

Do you still play with it for fun?

Sure do! These days it is about the only way to play the Battletech game from the board game style perspective.. I use my Amiga(s) often for different things.. many of which they still do better than any PC or Apple can do...

#82 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • @ui_title_%s_Rank_13
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostMalakie, on 26 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

(...)
This is one of the original Battletech Center Pods!
Posted Image

What the hell is that, BT mech simulator cockpit?!? I never knew such things existed. I want one @home...
Now I have a reason to visit US lol :)))

EDIT:
The feeling inside must be incredible even with not-so-hot GFX, as I saw on the net. Did I say it seems amazing? :)

Edited by DarkExar, 27 December 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#83 Andre Marek at the Uni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts
  • LocationNecroposting in K-Town

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostMalakie, on 27 December 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

Sure do! These days it is about the only way to play the Battletech game from the board game style perspective.. I use my Amiga(s) often for different things.. many of which they still do better than any PC or Apple can do...

I prefer always using the actually computers and devices than using emulators. I am a firm believer in that. That's why I am now a classic computer collector and my current fix is an Amiga 500.

#84 Malakie

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostDarkExar, on 27 December 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

What the hell is that, BT mech simulator cockpit?!? I never knew such things existed. I want one @home...
Now I have a reason to visit US lol :)))

EDIT:
The feeling inside must be incredible even with not-so-hot GFX, as I saw on the net. Did I say it seems amazing? :)

They were.. And the graphics were not too bad even for that time... They only got better as did the pods from the beginning.. I never saw or got to play in the last generation pods, wish I had though. I know there are collectors out there that scooped up pods when the centers closed... At least I think they are all closed.. not sure on that though..

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 December 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

I prefer always using the actually computers and devices than using emulators. I am a firm believer in that. That's why I am now a classic computer collector and my current fix is an Amiga 500.

Same here. I have an A500, A1200 and A3000 still. I also took a Panasonic Toughbook and then bought Amikit on a bootable thumbdrive and basically it now boots up as a high end Amiga from powerup. So when I cannot be on one of the real systems, I now have basically a portable Amiga and you really cannot tell the different today with the advances in the emulation capabilities in terms of running software etc..

#85 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostMalakie, on 27 December 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

Same here. I have an A500, A1200 and A3000 still. I also took a Panasonic Toughbook and then bought Amikit on a bootable thumbdrive and basically it now boots up as a high end Amiga from powerup. So when I cannot be on one of the real systems, I now have basically a portable Amiga and you really cannot tell the different today with the advances in the emulation capabilities in terms of running software etc..

I don't use barely any emulators myself but the one I use the most of is DosBox. I do own a couple of old Commodore computers and I maintain a Windows computer from every iteration of the OS.

#86 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

MD, you might find this article about emulators interesting: http://arstechnica.c...-snes-emulator/

Inaccurate EMUs can be extremely annoying.

#87 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostPht, on 28 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

MD, you might find this article about emulators interesting: http://arstechnica.c...-snes-emulator/

Inaccurate EMUs can be extremely annoying.

Really interesting read man thanks.

Also I just went out today and came back with BattleTech A Game of Armored Combat for the Sega Genesis and MechWarrior for the SNES. I am only missing the MW3050 SNES game and the MechAssault Phantom War to complete my series. Pictures coming soon.

#88 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Been a long time all but here are the latest updates and stuffs.

These are the 2 I last mentioned. They both work well.
Posted Image
And here is something I never showed you guys before.
Posted Image
Here is my little beauty. The Commodore +4. It is actually nice. Don't diss it.
Posted Image
Here is a bit of my collection in my bedroom lol
Posted Image
And here is a little more
Posted Image

So that is it for today. Post what you guys have. Lets see and compare. Fun to have some other Retro gamers around.

#89 ThoR294

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

oh god the sega battletech game... never forget running out of PPC ammo.

I just booted up Mechwarrior VM with MW2. have to bog down my processors to 90% for jumpjets and missiles to fire properly.. LOL. no music though :(

#90 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostThoR294, on 23 January 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

oh god the sega battletech game... never forget running out of PPC ammo.

I just booted up Mechwarrior VM with MW2. have to bog down my processors to 90% for jumpjets and missiles to fire properly.. LOL. no music though :(

I suggest running it on Windows XP and patching it up and running in compatibility mode. I do that and it runs great (I also suggest if you want a really easy run to use Titanium Trilogy).

#91 ThoR294

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

I wish some game designer could just make it work lol

#92 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

I wish GoG could get MW2/mercs/GBL/MW3/Pirate's moon/MC 1 on their site....

#93 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

I have been part of the polling there to get them to do it, but they haven't replied sadly. I also have tried to do the same there for Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (one of the absolute best games ever IMO and my personal favorite out of all my collection actually).

#94 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Just got these beauties in the mail today for an early birthday present. I now have all boxed versions of MechWarrior 4 and the only MW PC games I am now missing are the original 3, MW2 Mercs, and Pirates Moon (which I do believe came separate of the Gold MW3 edition but I don't know for sure).
Posted Image

#95 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 January 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Just got these beauties in the mail today for an early birthday present. I now have all boxed versions of MechWarrior 4 and the only MW PC games I am now missing are the original 3, MW2 Mercs, and Pirates Moon (which I do believe came separate of the Gold MW3 edition but I don't know for sure).

I think I remember playing Bard's Tale well back before CDs existed.
If I remember right (been a looong time) it was a good game.
Only had one of the floppies though (and I was just learning to read)- so I cannot comment much though. :unsure:

It is one who's name I have remembered over the years - which probably says something.

Only other ones who's names I consistently remember from that period that I had would be Jumpman and Rampage :unsure: - had a lot of unlabeled disks though.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 26 January 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#96 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 January 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

Only had one of the floppies though (and I was just learning to read)- so I cannot comment much though. :unsure:

It is one who's name I have remembered over the years - which probably says something.

Only other ones who's names I consistently remember from that period that I had would be Jumpman and Rampage :unsure: - had a lot of unlabeled disks though.

Mine has 2, 5 1/4" floppy discs but also on one 3 1/2" disc. I love to play games from the Ye Olden Computation Times. My oldest games are for the Atari 2600 (1978). Love old games. Nothing better IMO. Nothing can replace the good pixelated perfection of old games.

#97 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 967 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 23 January 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have been part of the polling there to get them to do it, but they haven't replied sadly. I also have tried to do the same there for Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (one of the absolute best games ever IMO and my personal favorite out of all my collection actually).

Well, if you haven't seen it already, I have some good news for you... :ph34r:
http://www.gog.com/g...tlegrounds_saga

#98 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostRip Snorgan, on 26 January 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Well, if you haven't seen it already, I have some good news for you... :ph34r:
http://www.gog.com/g...tlegrounds_saga

I literally just ran through my house singing the Imperial March.

#99 Malakie

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 January 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I laughed when I read your post... I played Bard's Tale on the Commodore 64 using 5 1/4" floppies and a tape drive! The second game I ever played on computer after Ultima III.

#100 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostMalakie, on 27 January 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

I laughed when I read your post... I played Bard's Tale on the Commodore 64 using 5 1/4" floppies and a tape drive! The second game I ever played on computer after Ultima III.

I am looking at getting the Ultima series (especially Underworld because of early 3-D and I love First person RPGs). I love floppy discs to. I am preparing to buy a box of blank 5.25" Floppies just to have them lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users