Post Your Battletech Stuff (Look What I Dug Out Today Old Thread)

135 replies to this topic

#41 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 18 November 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Did you also get Mech Assault:Phantom War? And the Sega Genesis one? Just wondering cause I was going to ask if they are worth getting (for collecting purposes).

I do have the Genesis and SNES games. They're interesting from a retro-gamer/collector standpoint, but I didn't get Phantom War, actually I forgot about it entirely! It didn't look very good...

View PostMech42Ace, on 18 November 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

@RaziBerry I like what you did with the mins. You can have them on display and still play with them in a game. I like it I'll, have to try that.

Yeah man! I have a tray for every house and invading Clan.

#42 Andre Marek at the Uni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts
  • LocationNecroposting in K-Town

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

Wanted to show you what I did get a few days ago. In this picture is MW2 Titanium Trilogy (not boxed but it was cheap so YES!) and the Big Box MW4:Vengeance GoTY are my latest editions. I plan on owning EVERY version released of EVERY MW/BT game there is so I can make a complete game collection.
Posted Image

#43 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

there's a game store downtown that got (Or Had, might be gone now) a copy of MW2 31st Century Combat for PS1, I think they want $7 For it? I would get it but it's clans, I'd rather play Mercs for IS + Deadeye Unther!

Edited by Lord Letto, 19 November 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#44 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

They only made 31st for Play Station. But it is worth your time. That game is good (I own it) but you have a lot of weird stuff to do to get analog sticks working with it. But yeah for 7 dollars that is a steal. It runs like 12 normally from what I've seen.

#45 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well in New Jersey with my Sister and Brother in law and we stopped at a game store. AND GOT THESE PIECES OF CRAP! Yes, now I have them.
Posted Image

#46 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

Mech assualt 1 did one thing well, when you hit a building, bad things happen to that building....

#47 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

lol Regem. Yeah I need to buy an Xbox so I can play it. Then I can total a few buildings and laugh at the horror of its "Lore".

#48 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

I think the thing that made me toss the controller against a wall, and the disk out the window, was a mission where I had to fight an Atlas as an elemental....

#49 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

Oh yea I remember that. The mission where you're on a map like Terra Therma and Natalia sends you in and first you have to run away from the puma mechs?

#50 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

I just played it on my bro in laws xbox. Was not that bad (other than dialog and lore). I actually enjoyed the combat a little bit, but it wasn't... MechWarrior. More like that BT game for the Sega Genesis.

#51 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

i can get both mech commanders and mechwarrior 4 with it's expansions. mechwarrior 3 i can only get half to work which bums me out

#52 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostMech42Ace, on 27 November 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Oh yea I remember that. The mission where you're on a map like Terra Therma and Natalia sends you in and first you have to run away from the puma mechs?

I do not recall and Adder omni mechs in the game, as they were more or less replaced by the Cougar....

But yes, hot map, steal an Elemental power suit, and GI fight an Atlas....

#53 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Here is my official MechAssault 2:Lone Wolf review (I couldn't play the first because I was using a 360 which doesn't support it).

MechAssault starts out rather like a Halo Game in 3rd person but I have to say I rather enjoyed it. So her we go. You are a nameless MechWarrior who has survived the first MechAssault fiesta and you are devoid of life using powered armor and such crap sitting on a backwater planet. Then suddenly you are attacked by what appears to be Word of Blake and so the game begins.

Gameplay-
The gameplay is IMO actually rather cool and innovative (especially for an MW game). Like many of the MW/BT video game series it is not simulation (i.e. MechCommanders, MechWarrior 3050, BattleTech Sega Genesis, MPBT, Crescent Hawks) and actually gives a new feel for the series. I like the way the mechs handle and such and actually really reminds me of the MechWarrior 3050/BattleTech Sega games. It is completely 3rd person dispelling the Simulation side but adds a new element of action and actually (to me) reminds me of what real mech action would look like outside the cockpit.

Graphics-
Well not bad, not good. They are not the standard cartoonish graphics of MW4 but not the realistic tone of MW3. More of a blend. The mech designs look 100x better than MW4 and they satisfy my nostalgia and all in all they complement the MW series very nicely.

Story and Dialog-
corny. It is sad. The voice acting is average for a game of its time, and the character model lip sinking is the same. The dialog is cheesy as heck and sometimes just plain out hilarious to listen to. The story is loosely based on lore but no worse than MW4. I have played games with FAR worse dialog and voice acting (Two Thrones) and compared this game's story and dialog is worthy of Shakespeare.

All in all it is a fairly decent game. It is not for people who can't take anything not Lore abiding, or for people to stuck up with the simulation end of MW to see the glory of its 3rd person. If you liked the 3050 or Sega games than you might enjoy this and it is great for casual players of this series or hardcores who just want an enjoying not strict MW game like MechWarrior 1 and 2.

I give this game a 6.5/10 for delivering MW in a new packaged format than strict simulation.

#54 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

I like your review, to bad they left the second on a cliff hanger-you see Natalia's? Shadow over the seventh core, I wish they continued it.

#55 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

So do I. The story does need to be concluded and I am hoping it does happen.

#56 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 November 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

So do I. The story does need to be concluded and I am hoping it does happen.

I could wright a really crappy fan-fic and post it here? There would be at least 50% more explosions than the original :ph34r:

#57 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

Do it in my MechAssault 2:Lone Wolf thread here http://mwomercs.com/...99#entry3948999.

I am going to eventually start a Youtube where I will do game reviews and once a month I will do a MW franchise game review. I don't know when this will happen but rest assured it will in the (hopefully) near future.

Edited by Marack Drock, 29 November 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#58 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

That should be interesting. B)

#59 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

Well a quick update.

I am back from New Jersey now. Done visiting my sister and brother-in-law and now I am really sad. Mainly about my sister because well... grew up with her for so long and then she left and I didn't see her for a year. Then boom I see her and it was like nothing had changed and now... I am back home in Michigan and not seeing her.... its really disconcerting.

Anyways. I am also now walking again with the recovery on my leg coming along nicely.

#60 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,986 posts
  • LocationIn my Urbanmech, trolling you!

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

Currently trying to play Mechwarrior IV. Gonna try to use VMWare Player...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users