Post Your Battletech Stuff (Look What I Dug Out Today Old Thread)

135 replies to this topic

#21 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 718 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:38 AM

I remember Mechwarrior 2.... It was installed on an old 98 machine at my Highschool that I fooled around with. It was my intro to the BT universe. Im still after a copy/good download link so I can re-live the glory days of yore.

I have a copy of [redacted] Mechcommander that I also downloaded and am trying to get to work.

I love MW4. So fun :)

Edited by Egomane, 04 November 2014 - 09:20 AM.
you should not admit those things publicly, you know?

#22 Andre Marek at the Uni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts
  • LocationNecroposting in K-Town

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

I remember Mechwarrior 2.... It was installed on an old 98 machine at my Highschool that I fooled around with. It was my intro to the BT universe. Im still after a copy/good download link so I can re-live the glory days of yore.

I have a copy of [redacted] Mechcommander that I also downloaded and am trying to get to work.

My Big Box copy I got Brand new for 20 bucks on Ebay. Look for the DOS versions.

#23 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:34 AM

I loved MechCommander quite a lot. I have a couple of copies and I wanted to play it on the LAN with my son but the installer kept detecting Windows NT, even on Win98 VMs and it requires IPX/SPX for LAN play without hitting MPlayer (RIP) servers.

#24 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

You won't be able to run it in VM anyways if it requires Hardware acceleration. Try it on a Windows XP. runs great for me on XP but make sure it is a downgraded graphics card (like Win 98 level) and the Processor is like a Pentium 3 or 4.

#25 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Assuming it hasn't been tossed out, I know where the copy of Mechwarrior 4, Black Knight, and my old Sidewinder joystick are. I just gotta to have an awkward conversation to get them (and a bunch of stuff I haven't seen in eight years) back.

#26 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 718 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 06 November 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Assuming it hasn't been tossed out, I know where the copy of Mechwarrior 4, Black Knight, and my old Sidewinder joystick are. I just gotta to have an awkward conversation to get them (and a bunch of stuff I haven't seen in eight years) back.

Do it. You wont regret it :D

Eh? How come I have a Redacted comment on my post :huh:

#27 Grisha

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 20 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

Mechcommander was really my first intro to online gaming other than those few AOL games I played. Mplayer was actually a pretty good interface for the time. Anyone else play in the Starlance leagues?

#28 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

I still have my original Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick. It's a little sloppy, but still works.

I used to own most of those in that picture, except for the MW4 Clan pack.

My good buddy in real life, you know him as Bishop Steiner, took them with him when he moved out of town. I have him to thank for getting me back into MW:O.

Jody

#29 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 04 November 2014 - 03:38 AM, said:

Oh I see why Blood rose, Egomane edited your post and said underneath:
"You should not admit those things publicly, you know?"

#30 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,905 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Here's my collection. I also had mw3 pirates moon on disc somewhere but can't find it.Posted Image

Also used to play this a lot and thought it was great fun, then later tomb raider.

Edited by mad kat, 11 November 2014 - 01:40 AM.

#31 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Here are some more goodies and the first of my collecting experience.
Posted Image
Next here are folders of TableTop that I have stashed and they wait. Wait for a new day to play with another league.
Posted Image
Here is Legionnaire. I got this mech originally 11 years ago but my old one has sadly been used to the point not worth showing. Here is the new one I got for 45 dollars on Ebay (thank the Lord Ebay exists). This is NIB.
Posted Image
Also seen above is my Griffin or the Dougram Roundfacer. I got this for 20 dollar NIB but I was young and opened it and so a piece is lost and an antennae is broken. ^^

These are some of my pride and joys. These are a few of the tyco BT toys from 95'. They are not new (as clearly seen) but they came with boxes. Right there is Thor and Bushwacker. Also seen is a Dark Age Model Assault Pack NIB.
Posted Image
Right here below is my Tyco Axeman (not NIB I actually got BushWacker, Thor, Axeman, Hunchback -lost the box PLEASE DON'T SHUN ME!-, Mauler, Elemental and Infiltrator all packaged together). There is also a Poseidon/Ares Colossal Class mech (135 tons) from Dark Age with Infantry (this is NIB) and there are also the pride and joys of my collection: BattleTech Third Edition and BattleTech Clan Assault Omni Package (both I received from a friend who actually introduced my family to the world of MW).
Posted Image

And for Nostalgia sake one last shot at the greatest board game since Monopoly.
Posted Image

#32 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

Double post- forgot these little guys of glory.

Sitting on my Golf Ball case (yes I collect Golf Balls and have done so since I was 2) are 2 1/144 scale Thunderbolts, Infiltrator, and an Elemental Soldier. You will also see a metal Anakin Skywalker model -not related in anyway).
Posted Image

And because it wasn't in the first pic- a Dark Age, Miniature Legionnaire (see the theme. I liked Legionnaire).
Posted Image

#33 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Could never get MW2 too run properly on a modern PC, can play it but if try and change controls it crashes and it is pretty horrific to play with the default controls. Still waiting on a GOG edition or for it to be released with the MWO engine. That would be great. Although MWO is too fast to seem like BT for me.

#34 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

I have every BT game, except MW4: Mercs (I even bought Lone Wolf, sadly). I also have a couple hundred BT minis. I may not be CamoSpecs material, but I try my best!
Posted Image

#35 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

I have every BT game, except MW4: Mercs (I even bought Lone Wolf, sadly). I also have a couple hundred BT minis. I may not be CamoSpecs material, but I try my best!

Did you also get Mech Assault:Phantom War? And the Sega Genesis one? Just wondering cause I was going to ask if they are worth getting (for collecting purposes).

#36 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 18 November 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Did you also get Mech Assault:Phantom War? And the Sega Genesis one? Just wondering cause I was going to ask if they are worth getting (for collecting purposes).

I have a copy of phantom war, the story line to the game wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. But for a collector its a game that I think would be worth having it just to say you did.

#37 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

I would say Phantom War's story was pretty bad :ph34r: - but in the MST3k so-bad-it's-good kinda way. :P

#38 Andre Marek at the Uni

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

I have no Xbox but might be getting one soon so.... MechAssault here we come to ruin the series. I will keep posting pics as I collect new stuff. I am thinking of grabbing some oldie blasts from the past soon on Ebay before Christmas or after when I get some Grandparent spending money :D

#39 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

You poor brave man. :P

Didn't get to play much of the other two MA games - but they looked better written than MA:PW at least.
(First one anyways - less familiar with the second)

That can count against them though - I enjoy playing PW sometimes just to laugh at the tech-turned-uberwarrior. :lol:
Spoiler

#40 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 916 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 18 November 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

You poor brave man. :P

Didn't get to play much of the other two MA games - but they looked better written than MA:PW at least.
(First one anyways - less familiar with the second)

That can count against them though - I enjoy playing PW sometimes just to laugh at the tech-turned-uberwarrior. :lol:
Spoiler

Though it was pretty cool to have a handheld game where the characters ACTUALLY talked.
@RaziBerry I like what you did with the mins. You can have them on display and still play with them in a game. I like it I'll, have to try that.

Edit: btw who were the "ACM" anyways?

Edited by Mech42Ace, 18 November 2014 - 07:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users