524 replies to this topic

#101 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 October 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

People already qualified with an 80$ Phoenix package and I discussed this at length in a previous post.

It was a tongue-in-cheek. I have an Overlord pack myself
<-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I wonder what's going to be the 3rd variant for the Enforcer? Anything in the ENF-6 series would be breaking timeline

Edited by knightsljx, 20 October 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#102 That Guy

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

Zee Enforcer!? OMG that was one of my favorite TT mechs ever! i never expected to ever see it here!

what variants are there though? unless they include the enforcer III, there are only 2 that i know of

#103 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostTarzilman, on 20 October 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Since nobody posted this yet, here's the original Fry pic!

Posted Image

That's a lot less obnoxious since you actually had to put some effort into it. Copypasta memes are usually the bailiwick of the simple-minded.

Anyway, there are the 2 custom Fox's Teeth variants of the Enforcer. The Grand Dragon never made it into the game, but you can make it with the Flame, just with some of the torso medium lasers ending up in the arms instead, in like manner, one of the Enforcer variants may feature the hard points of the Enforcer 3, though the timeline is a little off.

Edited by Golden Vulf, 20 October 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#104 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 20 October 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

brace yourselves, people complaining about why people paying $80 gets the same reward as them paying $120 are coming

No complaints from me at all.

Now don't forget this is kind of thrown together to allow more people to become eligible for the KGC. Plus of course, the lack of IGP allows PGI to charge what they think is a reasonable price for it all.

So personally, I think it's great pricing.

#105 The Lonegopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

4 more mechs that I'm not interested in. Haa-zaa...... I''m not looking to start a flame war or hear white knights telling me I'm wrong. This is just an opinion I wanted to share with the developer.

#106 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Had it been the mauler I would have spent the 80 bucks for sure. I defiantly don't see y a 3rd 80 toner was put in the game instead of a 2nd 90 toner I just don't understand. It pisses me off actually, kind of reminding me of all the 55 toners they put in the game a while back and there is only one 40 toner, aaahhhh whatever I guess.

#107 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

Russ,

Is this an a la carte thing? If I pay the $20, will I get to choose the mech; like how the founders elite package was? Or is it weight based like the pheonix package in that if I wanted the enforcer I would have to pay $40?

#108 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

light, med , heavy with jets and the Zeus, kewl... I was looking at the Enforcer last night wondering if it would be in MWO, nice surprise for sure.

Edited by SgtMagor, 20 October 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#109 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostShibas, on 20 October 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Russ,

Is this an a la carte thing? If I pay the $20, will I get to choose the mech; like how the founders elite package was? Or is it weight based like the pheonix package in that if I wanted the enforcer I would have to pay $40?

no, mech packs are not ala carte

they may offer ala carte for this release but it WILL be more expensive than $20 per mech. Just look at how Clan Invasion packs are done

#110 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

HRRRRRRRNG!!!

Also, so glad the Grasshopper won. It gets to keep the CT EW hardpoint right?

#111 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostGolden Vulf, on 20 October 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

That's a lot less obnoxious since you actually had to put some effort into it. Copypasta memes are usually the bailiwick of the simple-minded.

Posted Image

#112 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Awww man... when I think of Zeus I think of something other than the Zeus in de concept art posted...
I think of the conelike shoulders (>O<) and of the shoulders from mechcommander with the blades coming out of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The concept picture of the Zeus makes me think it will be like the Aweseome. Big fat and ugly. I loved the Awesome and Zeus in the previous mechwarrior games, but I would not touch the Awesome with a 10 foot pole. I hate to think the same will happen with the Zeus :( The Zeus and Awesome were 2 mechs that I was looking forward to the most after I saw the news about a new mechwarrior being released.

I say this because I care, I love how most of the mechs are designed in MWO. I really hope you change the look of the mech and this sentence gives me at least some hope: ,,Well they haven't modeled it yet for one''.

To be more specific, the concept art arms look like they consist of two parts and the shoulder consists of two parts, the upper and lower arm, what I like about the other Zeus pictures is the shoulder (one big cone) with only the lower arm attached to the shoulder, the lower arm being just a big case for a weapon system like LRM or a big PPC/AC20 cannon.

You may take my Ravens and Jagers, you may nerf the IS-AC20 even more, just please reconsider the Zeus appearance.

@Dennis de Koning, as someone with a Dutch heritance please hear my plea! ;)

Edited by RadioKies, 20 October 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#113 Pooch

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

One Question. Why are these listed as Primes? None of these mechs are IS Omnis.

#114 ArcDemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Well with the Zeus we'll finally have a way to take that draconis scumbag, so that's definite a step forward.

Of the others:

Panther variants tend to look alike hardpoint wise (energy in right arm, missile in torso), so I'm assuming that the 3 variants we see will basically be combinations like 2E+1M and 1E+2M. Hopefully the quirk system will be used to prevent them from being inferior alternatives to the JR7-D and Firestarters - maybe the Panther will have a strong durability or heat quirk so that it trades hardpoints for better survivability and heat management (it is a slow light with higher then average armor designed to fire large energy weapons).

The Enforcer just barely counts 2 canon variants for the MWO timeline, which means PGI has clearly thought of a way around that limitation. Maybe this means some other mechs held back by a low variant count will be appearing. And if you guys can figure out how to do both the Panther and Enforcer there isn't any excuse not to start selling gold Urbies at Christmas.

And I don't really have any feelings one way or another about the Grasshopper.

#115 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

Nice! I am in!
I wish there was a Urban Mech in there!!!!
:D

#116 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 20 October 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

no, mech packs are not ala carte

they may offer ala carte for this release but it WILL be more expensive than $20 per mech. Just look at how Clan Invasion packs are done

thanks russ!

#117 mooky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationALHENA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

I'm in for the Wrath Pack!

Bring on my King Crab!

w00t!

#118 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

Russ, you have given me the chance to have a Panther. For this reason alone I love you :blush:

#119 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostRadioKies, on 20 October 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Awww man... when I think of Zeus I think of something other than the Zeus in de concept art posted...
I think of the conelike shoulders (>O<) and of the shoulders from mechcommander with the blades coming out of it.
http&#58;//www.oocities.org/stargazer3050/Zeus.gif
http&#58;//3.bp.blogspot.com/_9iMIweN5ntc/TCAuCrt-_9I/AAAAAAAABRI/9qgC-RTTxrA/s1600/MechWarrior+4+Zeus+Paper+Model.jpg
The concept picture of the Zeus makes me think it will be like the Aweseome. Big fat and ugly. I loved the Awesome and Zeus in the previous mechwarrior games, but I would not touch the Awesome with a 10 foot pole. I hate to think the same will happen with the Zeus :( The Zeus and Awesome were 2 mechs that I was looking forward to the most after I saw the news about a new mechwarrior being released.
I say this because I care, I love how most of the mechs are designed in MWO. I really hope you change the look of the mech and this sentence gives me at least some hope: ,,Well they haven't modeled it yet for one''.
To be more specific, the concept art arms look like they consist of two parts and the shoulder consists of two parts, the upper and lower arm, what I like about the other Zeus pictures is the shoulder (one big cone) with only the lower arm attached to the shoulder, the lower arm being just a big case for a weapon system like LRM or a big PPC/AC20 cannon.
You may take my Ravens and Jagers, you may nerf the IS-AC20 even more, just please reconsider the Zeus appearance.
http://www.sarna.net...amarjaegers.png

#120 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostPooch, on 20 October 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

One Question. Why are these listed as Primes? None of these mechs are IS Omnis.

I'm quite curious about this as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users