#201 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostGorganKnight, on 21 October 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

nnnooooo!!!!!!!!! my beutiful kit foxes... is the invalid problem a glitch??

Welcome to hell, sinner. Here is 386 and Win 95.

#202 Dimitry Matveyev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

The new weapon models for the Centurion looks bad. Realy. Tiny little canons - c'mon! Oh, and please - try to put 3 guns in that right arm - it looks awfull!
And please, make it possible to change the color sheme to default on that reward mechs!

#203 KommandoSpookums

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

Rewards 2.0 is a partial failure, I appreciate the new tracking system but why are assists devalued so much? I'm not paying for anymore MC packages or mechs until that is reversed, reward values should be increased not redistributed to new categories, ridiculous

Edited by KommandoSpookums, 21 October 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#204 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Nice patch, good ideas.
But the reward system sucks.
I like the role warfare, but nerfing CBills further is definetely the wrong way.

#205 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostKommandoSpookums, on 21 October 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Rewards 2.0 is a partial failure, I appreciate the new tracking system but why are assists devalued so much? I'm not paying for anymore MC packages or mechs until that is reversed, reward values should be increased not redistributed to new categories, ridiculous

I guess the incentive for me to play my support'mechs and backup my team is gone. I guess I'll start building cheese'mechs just like all the CoD players that want high k/d ratios. No longer will I be content with working with my team and allowing the brawlers to get the kill. From now on I will be endeavoring to "steal all teh killz".

I don't care that the incentive to get the "killing blow" was raised, but why did they have to reduce the assists?

#206 KommandoSpookums

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 21 October 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I guess the incentive for me to play my support'mechs and backup my team is gone. I guess I'll start building cheese'mechs just like all the CoD players that want high k/d ratios. No longer will I be content with working with my team and allowing the brawlers to get the kill. From now on I will be endeavoring to "steal all teh killz".

I don't care that the incentive to get the "killing blow" was raised, but why did they have to reduce the assists?

Exactly, I've been supporting my team and getting protect/lance formation/protection proximity bonuses left and right but even after a few kills and 8+ assists I'm at or below 200k. That's with premium time and a hero mech included. Why would I want to support them by buying stuff if they're just going to waste my time?

#207 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Assist is dead. Back to alpha snipers.

#208 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

Secret Squirrels at work me thinks..

#209 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 21 October 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

so are clan jump jet's even worth anythign now?

Clan JJ are just as powerfull/wimpy as IS JJ. It's one aspect that the clans never improved/tinkered with, the other being TAG. Sometime down the line light TAG and some new JJets appear, but I don't know the dates off the top of my head.

#210 Zesaric

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

After playing a few games my first impression of the patch is as follows:

Nice
  • the two reward mechs
  • the attempt to promote team play with the new reward system
Terrible
  • C-Bill income has been severely nerfed
  • UI always reverts to the "Home" tab after matches
Don't get me wrong, the patch absolutely is a step in the right direction, especially with the new reward system, so good work PGI! :) I am also confident that with a little more tuning the overall c-bill rewards will be back to normal even with the new rewards in place. All it needs is a little buff of some rewards and this aspect of the game will be fine.

However, what is totally disappointing for me is that there is an even stronger focus on the utterly useless "Select 'Mech" option by reverting to the Home tab after each game. What I do most is to play a different mech each game (to reap the x2 daily multiplier) and to configure loadouts - both can better be done from the lab.

The Select 'Mech dialog on the other hand not only has this gruesome expand/collapse UI and horrible sorting function, but also it does not add any option that would make using it worthwhile (the "Modify Consumables" button could be placed in the lab as well).

So please reconsider the change of forcing players into GUI areas that do not serve any purpose! I suggest to rather transfer the "Modify Consumables" option to the Mechlab and do away with the "Select Mech" option altogether because it is inferior to the Mechlab in every respect.

Edited by Zesaric, 21 October 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#211 Kraytox

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

First and my last post here. Thanks for sucking up my money to destroy the best mech in the game with JJ's...I never used them and never will...far as wave 2 goes? you can keep them to since I already payed for that stuff and give to someone else if you like

#212 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Love it all except returnin to the home page not the Mech lab. I dont use the home page EVER except to sell gear about once every 3 months. its useless.

Honestly I'd much rather see the home, mech lab and skills all consolidated. why when I have a mech selected in the lab do I need to go and search for it again in the skills page. its a really **** design. The home page is 90% redundant.

#213 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPasadena, California

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

Why did you nerf the kitfox (S), its ballistics were it's only good trait! It's dead now.

#214 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostZack Esseth, on 21 October 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

BOOM FIRST

YAY NEW ATLAS OF SRM GOODNESS AND A NEED FOR USING CAPSLOCK TO SAY IT!

IT'S OK! I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!

#215 Tristan X

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Terrible change, even with the new rewards you barely make enough to rebuy a cool shot if you used one. Would love to know the logic behind this. Doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Historically, I've been on the side of PGI against a lot of the chronic complainers. And my first reaction when I read spectralthundr's post was to tell him to stop complaining so much and play with a little more skill.

But you know, after playing some matches with these changes, I have to say that he's right.

I used to average 180k-240k cbills each match, and now I'm down to around 120k-140k on a really good match. Am I complaining about this? Not even. Here's what bugs me: My best friend, who I'm almost always in game with when I do have the chance to play a few matches, pilots light mechs, so he isn't doing a lot of damage, or even getting a lot of kills. His play style is to scout ahead, engage, draw enemy attention away and distract the enemy.

He can't even get the the scouting reward unless he refuses to fire on the enemy. This makes the game a lot more boring for him. What's more, he spends 40k or 80k each match on consumables to help his team. After these changes took effect, he makes almost NOTHING in an average match. As a light pilot, he simply isn't making enough rewards, even in a good game, to save for anything.

He wanted to re-equip one of his other light mechs, and was saving cbills to do this. Now he feels like he can't, and is totally demoralised. I don't blame him, and as his friend, so am I. He is a very skilled pilot. He's seen incentive to play light mechs lower more and more over time, but has stuck it out until now. Neither of us are very motivated to play anymore as a result.

PGI, this deserves attention. We understand you guys pour your life into this game, and you need to feed yourself and your families, but this kind of stuff REALLY makes the game we love so much feel more and more like a pay-to-win game. It didn't always feel like that, but it does now.

I used to be one of your biggest fans.

#216 Vaenson

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

While its normal nowadays to patch a title over two years even for tripple A games it feels strange to me that exactly this sort of thread occurs all ~3 months. To sell something like a Mech Package for about 300$ and then change the value of it after some time over and over again let players feel stupid i guess. If its all about money then i must realize that such kind of f2p titles are not worth considering a competitive game. Is that the normal practice for games like WOT or Warthunder too?

#217 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Can we please have the ability to sell the loyalty reward Atlas and Centurion for cbills? I have a pure clan account that's now tainted by I.S. mechs I'll never use and they look totally out of place mixed with all my clan omnimechs.

#218 B00B

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

rly nice patch! big thx to PGI here!!

#219 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Wow.

I've had no problem with C-Bill generation.
It seems much the same as it did before tbh.
I still just bashed out a Shadowhawk from nothing in a few hours of casual play, and will do the same tomorrow (and the day after).

The fixed JJs is a mixed blessing, and I think the benefits outweigh the negatives overall.

Sure I'll miss the twin CUAC2 ECM Kitfox, which was amazing fun, but I'll just have to switch to a Single UAC2 / UAC5 / LBX2 / LBX5 / UAC10 with ERML / MPL support and ECM instead.

#220 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

So, is PGI's trying to follow their "competitors" like Gaijin in absolutely forcing people to buy Premium time and Hero mechs? Come on, guys, Heroes should be selling because they're good, not because you really need that 30% c-bill fix, and that means making more Ilyas and less Oxides. And did you notice how people complain about c-bill nerfs? That's probably because c-bills are already the only means to acquire things like your 3-6 million c-bill modules, which can't be equipped in more than one mech at a time, a problem that will be aggravated further with the coming of Dropship mode.

Seriously, half the times I decide not to spend my evening in MWO is because I absolutely HATE swapping the modules and engines around and waiting for everything to save with your ridiculously slow databases. And now we get more c-bill nerfs? As if I wanted to have less opportunities to play the game and more opportunities to have to grind?

You know, I'm a loyal purchaser of your packs, but let me tell you, I'm not looking forward to the upcoming packs as much as I did before because simply outfitting the mechs with all the weaponry and upgrades is gonna consume a humongous amount of c-bills which I'm very reluctant to grind. See the difference? The mere prospect of logging in seems so much less appealing because there's more of a labor than fun ahead. Surely you've heard why everyone hates Mondays?

Sigh, all of this pointless, I know. Once the numbers are in, changing them is always a bigger deal than can be bothered with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users