Patch Notes - 1.3.345 - 21-Oct-2014

388 replies to this topic

#241 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Okay, that was utter crap!!! I wrote a rather nice post, already logged in, posted it, and LOST IT because the damn forum logged me out.

That crap really does need to be fixed!!!

Now, allowing cowards in Lights to get behind 'Mechs and stay there, and rewarding them for it, is garbage. Now, make it so if they remain there for more than ten seconds, they begin to take penalties to both XP and C-Bills. Yes, encourage them to frustrate and belittle other pilots because they stay behind, where the other pilot can't even have a hope to shoot them. Thanks.

The rest of it looks awesome.

So you want lights to line up in a neat orderly line, Red Coat style, and let Direwolves mow them down? Perhaps you've been harassed by my Jenners and had your rear torso armor stripped too much? :rolleyes:

#242 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

Darth(I fail to see how being forced to adopt different strategies equates to squeezing the player base for money. I for one like change, as it keeps the game dynamic, and means that MWO isn't dead. But whatevs.)

I fail to see how a 45-50% C-bill nerf is making players want to stay and play MWO? maybe a 15-20% increase in C-bill rewards over what we had before the patch without having to jump through hoop like a monkey would have been great.

Below is PGI studio in a nutshell.

#243 Wintermuted

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

1st drop after patch, decided to warm up with the ol' 3L. Dropped a heat sink and threw in a TAG. Decent game, 4 kills, 6 assists, 600 odd damage. 250k in c-bills. To me, if you play as a team, and play your role, the rewards work just fine.

#244 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

It is called Group Que man

This IS a "Team" game after all.
Don't like the PuGs?
There are even plenty of groups dedicated to casual drops.

That applies to both queues, the groups that like to hide behind a hill all game and contribute nothing are just as plentiful in both.

#245 Redinator

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRealm Of The Bloody Hangar

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

I had to modify my Kitfoxes and Timberwolfes just a little bit, not a problem for me.
The Atlas S is awesome!!! Thx PGI :)

#246 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 21 October 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

I fail to see how being forced to adopt different strategies equates to squeezing the player base for money. I for one like change, as it keeps the game dynamic, and means that MWO isn't dead. But whatevs.

Except this change hurts some mechs more than others as not all mechs can perform these new income avenues effectively. What we had been asking for was other roles to be brought up to the same standard as what other mechs were, but instead we got it flipped on us. I like the idea of the new rewards, but so far it is more feast(being generous) or famine than dynamic and enjoyable.

#247 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

I know why they did home screen log back in default and everyone will love them for it. I almost dont want to tell............................................................................................

You can configure your mech while still in game and take modules off and equipment save and put on any other mech and start another game so no more bitching!

#248 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

That applies to both queues, the groups that like to hide behind a hill all game and contribute nothing are just as plentiful in both.

Hence the suggestion to find a decent group
As I said - there are casual ones as well as competitives.

PuG gaming is the same in EVERY game out there.
You find a group or you live with it,
Whining about it just marks you as a jackass.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 October 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#249 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 21 October 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

Except this change hurts some mechs more than others as not all mechs can perform these new income avenues effectively. What we had been asking for was other roles to be brought up to the same standard as what other mechs were, but instead we got it flipped on us. I like the idea of the new rewards, but so far it is more feast(being generous) or famine than dynamic and enjoyable.

I agree its biased towards lights, but it seems to me that this is just the first wave of rewards they plan on implementing. There's practically nothing benefiting assault mechs, which to me implies they plan on adding something eventually.

#250 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 21 October 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

I agree its biased towards lights, but it seems to me that this is just the first wave of rewards they plan on implementing. There's practically nothing benefiting assault mechs, which to me implies they plan on adding something eventually.

If they have more to come, which I have not seen them say other than they might lower it more then they should have waited until they were ready to roll them all out so they don't leave some people completely out to dry. Releasing income changes in waves is a bad idea.

#251 Anton Gorodetsky

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

Yeah getting stuck with the JJ in the Timber S Omipod stinks, I am not a fan of that. Rewards are good though.

#252 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 21 October 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

If they have more to come, which I have not seen them say other than they might lower it more then they should have waited until they were ready to roll them all out so they don't leave some people completely out to dry. Releasing income changes in waves is a bad idea.

I dunno about that, it allows them to monitor the changes in small increments and adjust things as they go while being able to collect large amounts of statistical data. Too many changes at once in software releases is usually a bad thing as it doesn't allow a group to provide timely feedback.

#253 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Hence the suggestion to find a decent group
As I said - there are casual ones as well as competitives.

PuG gaming is the same in EVERY game out there.
You find a group or you live with it,
Whining about it just marks you as a jackass.

You're either not getting it, or it's beyond you, even in a group of 4 or 5 you're going to have to rely on other people to win. Realistically you should not be forced into a 12 man group to win games. Because good luck getting 12 on at the same time most nights.

Expecting people to actually try and contribute isn't whining, it's common sense.

#254 KommandoSpookums

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

I just want assists and savior kills to go back up in value, the nerf has really hurt my income, even considering that I'm now making some small amount staying with my team. I'm still at a 20-25% loss

#255 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Expecting people to actually try and contribute isn't whining, it's common sense.

You are right.

Unfortunately - YOU are not getting it.

You don't like PuGing?
Then you get reliable teammates

Welcome to Team Based Gameplay

In other words

Get a Team

Or live with the PuGs

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 22 October 2014 - 12:26 AM.
insults

#256 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

You are right.

Unfortunately - YOU are not getting it.

You don't like PuGing?
Then you get reliable teammates

Welcome to Team Based Gameplay

In other words

Get a Team

Or live with the PuGs

[redacted]

No matter how good your one lance is they're not going to carry a lance or two of scrubs. Is that getting through to you or do you want to name call some more?

Edited by Egomane, 22 October 2014 - 12:26 AM.
quote cleaned up

#257 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

i have seen one lance carry an entire team. granted it was the best players in the game i have still seen it so it can be done

#258 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

I am completely incapable of understanding the simple fact that given two equal teams the one with more coordination wins...

Despite having been doing nothing but whining about it!

Aren't I amazing!?

Then you run 12 mans - and then there is no one for you to have to carry!

AMAZING RIGHT?

But no!

Complaining about it SOLVES EVERYTHING!

#259 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

No matter how good your one lance is they're not going to carry a lance or two of scrubs. Is that getting through to you or do you want to name call some more?

You'd be surprised by what a good lance can do, especially a lance that actually talks to their scrubs.

#260 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

This might sound silly.

But why bring a single lance? Why not upgrade to a 12 man if its that much of an issue?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users