#261 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 21 October 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

You'd be surprised by what a good lance can do, especially a lance that actually talks to their scrubs.

No he wouldn't

He knows EVERYTHING

He even knows that running a 12 man solves none of his issues!

View PostI Zeratul I, on 21 October 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

But why bring a single lance? Why not upgrade to a 12 man if its that much of an issue?

Because it was suggested several times already - and according to him he would still have to carry the bum lance

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 October 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#262 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

[/center]

No he wouldn't

He knows EVERYTHING

He even knows that running a 12 man solves none of his issues!

[/center]

Because it was suggested several times already - and according to hiim he would still have to carry the bum lance

Posted Image

#263 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 21 October 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

This might sound silly.

But why bring a single lance? Why not upgrade to a 12 man if its that much of an issue?

If you only have 4 or 5 on, you roll with what you have. Usually we carry, this isn't always the case however. And the amount of stupid in this game is nothing short of astounding.

#264 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:29 PM

Tell me about it.

Oh wait.

You have

Ever consider you are part of the problem?

Even when it is justified

No one wants to listen to you when you treat them like an idiot

But then - if you were not part of the problem

You would probably already have realized that

#265 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Guys guys. If you can't express your feelings as a meme, stay on topic. Posted Image

Edited by Darth Futuza, 21 October 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#266 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 21 October 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Guys guys. If you can't express your feelings as a meme, stay on topic. Posted Image

Still working on memes - figuring out how to taunt with font though :rolleyes:

#267 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

Tell me about it.

Oh wait.

You have

Ever consider you are part of the problem?

Even when it is justified

No one wants to listen to you when you treat them like an idiot

But then - if you were not part of the problem

You would probably already have realized that

Here's the thing, one should not have to lead people by the nose, they should know the maps at this point, they should know generally what grids the enemy is going to, since most games on any given map generally play out the same way, it isn't rocket science.

And even then when you DO try and lead 9 out of 10 times theres that lance that would rather hide behind a hill and play peek and poke rather than listen and win. So please, take your pretentiousness and stick it.

#268 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

I now know why people don't like you Shar, you can't have a conversation without talking crap. You should prolly work on that.

#269 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

I can't have a conversation without talking crap.
Or whining
No wonder nobody likes me enough to group with me
I should prolly work on that.
Fixed that for ya

I offered how many solutions before I started mocking you?

Once again

You have a problem

It is well within your power to fix it

Cannot find others willing to drop with you?

Then the problem is probably with YOU

Even then - WE cannot help you

Till you start helping YOURSELF

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 October 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#270 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

Anyone else having client issues since this patch? I've now had my game crash twice, which very rarely has happened before, and the second time I had a full blue-screen of death memory dump error...

And I'm running a $1600 gaming rig with 16 gb of RAM, i7 processor, etc. It has literally never crashed on me until just then.

#271 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

IS it just me or do all of Shar Wolfs post look like bad teenage poetry in their formatting? ;-)

#272 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 21 October 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Fixed that for ya

I offered how many solutions before I started mocking you?

Once again

You have a problem

It is well within your power to fix it

Cannot find others willing to drop with you?

Then the problem is probably with YOU

Even then - WE cannot help you

Till you start helping YOURSELF

Says the guy calling people morons. Right, it's ok, keep it up, I'll just keep hitting that report button. ;)

#273 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL HYPOCRITE I AM

Check the first couple posts of the conversation again

Then double check your first post again

Then come back and try to tell me that with a straight face

Go ahead

PLEASE try and convince the moderators that I have been completely unhelpful and a troll

Edited by Shar Wolf, 21 October 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#274 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:02 PM

Look Above my post another he-she said he-she said blalaaaaa blaaaa blaaaa tranny fight yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like this topic on how good or bad the patch was is headed to K-Town.This patch broke the camels back on what lengths a developer will go through to make a game unfun and totally miserable to play.

Here is video that shows new player frustration with MWO

#275 BattleHymn

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

Anyone else noticed that when you edit one of the JJ "nerfed" mechs and it strips off the offending omnipod, that the components removed are actually GONE from your inventory? First noticed this when I was trying to refit my KFX-S and one of the C-UAC/2 was stripped off the torso was not in my inventory AND not on the torso. So I backed out without saving.

Thinking it was just a glitch, I went over to my timberwolf, opened that up for editing and discovered the same thing happened with the 2 C-LRM20's from the torsos, gone from torso and not available in inventory to be reequipped.

I suspect that saving it with empty omnipods and reopening the loadout may have my equipment in my inventory, but I'd rather not risk losing millions in equipment.

Base capping being accelerated in conquest was a welcome change, given the nature of that mode, but now assault has devolved into a race to pile all your mechs into the enemy base before they do in order to win in under 5 minutes without any tactics or fighting. I assume this was not the intended effect for assault mode.

Also to comment on the new rewards, they are MUCH too low, especially on the XP side of things. I'd like to see side-by-side comparisons of the 1.0 and 2.0 rewards in the table above. I'm consistently stunned by the low XP gained, I mean I am seeing the hud scroll with +0 XP items, not to mention the slap in the face +1XP is for kill assists. +1? You get 10x more XP for getting a 0.1s burn at 500m "flanking" than actually assisting for a kill which is rather ridiculous. Put that in perspective, that's 750 assists for the CHEAPEST mech tree item, keep in mind that ~40000 XP is required to get one mech to full elite? That's no longer a game, it's become a chore.

C-bills nerf, I could almost stomach (we've been down that road before last year), but nerfing XP is inexcusable. You want me to keep playing at a literal disadvantage to try grind "new" mechs compared to those that mastered them 3-5X faster months ago?

After 2-3 weeks of happily playing since I finally gave in and dropped another $400 on this game, I am feeling pretty cheated and am considering filing for a refund. After getting burned last year on CW after preordering the phoenix pack, I swore not to spend another dime on this game until that promise was fulfilled. I got ahead of myself with your recent work, and my faith seemed restored after you guys broke away from IGP and appeared to be going on the right path with weekly challenges, more community events and the customer appreciation initiative was what really pushed me over the edge.

With this patch, I am starting to regret going back on my decision and feel like you are giving us the "IGP" treatment again, stretch out the grind, reduce in-game currency to pressure people into more MC? I've already spent more than the better part of a thousand dollars on a SINGLE game (which is arguably unfinished) and you are going to degrade the experience for me for more? Some would call this bait and switch.

I appreciate that you'd like to encourage team play, I'm with you on that but it was (hopefully unintentionally) too heavy handed overall and I certainly hope that you rectify this situation very quickly, or you risk undoing all the good will and brownie points you've gained in the last couple months going in the right direction. If I need to go through with getting a refund, I certainly will not be looking back again, as they say, "Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice..."

#276 Worm Seraphin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:24 PM

Anyone have graphics issues with this patch?
My fps is up by about 30% on the same lower settings as before, but my heat and night vision give me a black screen with only the IFF arrows over where the mechs should be, but nothing else.

#277 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Would still like to see rewards for "tanking" the most damage, or at all... I hate looking like I did nothing and not being appreciated because I didn't get 500+ damage in a match. A simple column on the end game scoreboard stating "Damage Taken" would suffice.

Thanks for what you have done though! :)

#278 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

The change you, PGI, should make, is to make all jump jets removable because your Clan mechs are much too restricted. Inner Sphere mechs are all much more powerful ton for ton than the fixed jump jet Clan mechs, so that's just not balanced. I realize it looks like an easy nerf to apply, but it seems to always ruin the mech for competing. How does the Thor compare in any way to a Cataphract or Jagermech? Why does the Thor not do exactly the loadouts the Jag and Cataphract can do?

MWO's weak Jump Jets reflect the inability to include 3PV without unleashing the pop-tarts, so no player should be forced to use MWO's jump-jets at this point. They are just dead weight except for pop-tarting for whom they have been balanced. And you know we all warned you not to include 3PV mainly because of unleashing the Pop-tarts, which it did.

#279 Chirirenge

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Let's face the facts: The clan omnipod JJ change is nothing but a straight up nerf for the Timber Wolf. This change is particularly crippling, because the S-variant omnipods had the most versatile hardpoints, and now many builds that used them are ruined. This is another ridiculous and overboard nerf, and I truly, TRULY hope that the developers reconsiders this change.

Weren't we semi-promised a stop to the clan nerfs after the clan XL change? The truth is they will never stop :wacko:

Edited by Chirirenge, 21 October 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#280 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

Count me in! I volunteer as tribute! Happy to help in any way I can.

http://youtu.be/iS4I_1y0OJM?t=15s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users