388 replies to this topic

#221 Carthoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

I have to partially agree with Azargo. C-bills are too low. If not the sale, Id probably never bought doomcrow, as its terribly expensive for medium. I can make 200-300k for won game with my whales...yet there are games where team camps for whole time possible, or simply ruuuuun from their assaults and game is lost - if lucky I could make 100k there too....if unlucky - jumped by tag/narc and lrm rain, or 2-3 other whales....not even that.

And THAT was nerfed....so now game where one dies coz unlucky/ noob team/ his noob mistake brings nothing.

Your effort to support teamplay with lots of new rewards is VERY cool....but why the heck did you nerf earnings again? To get earnings for lance play/ supporting heavy and assaults, one have to drop with friends and they cant play what theyd like, coz similar speed needed....or light will just circle in small area, instead of flanking enemy and tagging for his lance.... .

Needs a bit more thinking and DEFINITIVELY doesnt need that nerf we got...right now, average puggers are gonna be poor...

Edited by Carthoo, 21 October 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#222 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Haters going to hate hate hate. Cry babies going to cry cry cry. PGI just going to shake it off?

I approve of all the changes expect home screen log back. Not a huge deal but don't understand reasoning behind it?
Reward system is step in right direction but will need tweaking for sure
Luv my new mechs not a big fan of angel on my mech but i don't see it while driving it so no love loss
never thought id see heavy que % this low i actually played my timber god with the x2 jump jet nerf and guess what, its still an amazing mech

Edited by LordLosh, 21 October 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#223 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostThango, on 21 October 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Can you please tell me what is the point of listing equipment and ammo for the TBR-S's CT when you can't place $h1t in there????Why are you making changes to the clan mechs? Are you going to do the same to wave II after you've collected everyone's money? Glad I stayed away from that trap. Maybe parting ways with IGP was not that great of an idea. So now I used to be able to carry 1800 lrms down to 1080, and can no longer have a clan active probe, basically the -s now stands for $h1t!!! Already cannot put $h1t on the legs of the TW and now you limit the torsos, who was the one smoking crack at PGI to come up with this deuce??

U mad, bro?

View PostNightwielder, on 21 October 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Yup, it's just driving me away. I've been playing this game for a long time.

Totally couldn't be you are burned out and using this as an excuse?

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 21 October 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

a teamkill should be at least 100k penalty, otherwise it's a joke...

Except for the times I am raining LRMs down on a target and some moron decides to stand on the corpse with no back armor.....

#224 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

PGI, I can't configure my kit-fox because of the JJ. Please fix this issue. Please understand I purchased the Clan Package (Kit-fox) for the original configuration. Now, you have changed it.

#225 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

hey MAvrick read the fine print bro, they can change anything they want at any time. oh by the way you already agreed to it so grow up a bit or go back to playing go fish.

#226 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

also what happened to laser eye Atlas i was pretty sure one of the PGI staffers confirmed I would have sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads no?

#227 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

I understand the fine print. But they/PGI understands who their large/enterprise customers are (spend a lot of money). I am a business man and understand that businesses listen to their large/enterprise customers.

#228 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

This looks like a great patch!

#229 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Had a chance to check out the new Atlas as well as the new rewards system and I gotta say, I like what I'm seeing. I've already noticed a bit of a C-Bill and EXPs boost to what I normally pull in, which is nice.

The way I see it, is if you want to increase your rewards, you need to adjust your play-style to meet the requirements to get those rewards, that means sticking together, playing as a team and supporting each other. For a long time, folks have complained that there are no rewards to playing like a team and rewarding missions and play-style in a positive manner.

Well, ask and ye shall recieve! If you're not making as much money/EXPs as you were before, you may want to revaluate how you play and adjust accordingly.

#230 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

This is a bad patch C-Bill rewards suck now so bad it not funny I have 1 summoner mech was avg per battle 80k-120k was low C-bill rewards now I get 28k-50k per battle which is way worse PGI quit screwing up MWO and fix C-bill rewards good was excited to comeback try game again no all I want t do is un- install game and not look back.

Edited by PappySmurf, 21 October 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#231 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

Jump jet inclusion on timberwolves will have zero effect on my TBR builds. It nerfs quad SRM-6 loadouts to an extent. But, it is possible to work around that to a degree by exchanging SRM-6's for SRM-2's or SRM-4's as all have near to the same DPS. The only thing that changes are firing rates & damage spread.

The new cbill and xp scaling looks like it was designed to promote certain behaviors in game. Scouting bonus' looks like it was created to promote role warfare and encourage people not to camp. Ditto with flanking bonus. A lot of the new bonus' appear to have been designed to eliminate the type of in game behavior many object to.

PGI has said in the past that a lot of people are banking premium time and not activating the time they have stockpiled. I was banking what premium time I had for when clan wave I arrived to grind exp and basic techs. When I realized community warfare might be coming, I decided to save my premium time for CW in case certain features were locked to premium time only. I wouldn't be surprised if others shared similar sentiments. If such is the case, hopefully PGI will recognize this and not take it as a slight some of us like to plan ahead.

Part of me wonders if cbills have truly been nerfed. Or, whether people can no longer rely on racking up kills and assists like they did in the past. Maybe earning big cbills requires a completely different approach from what was normal in the past?

It must have some exploitable loopholes, somewhere? :ph34r:

I remember once I was spotting for LRM's and I earned between 7-10 spotting bonuses. That might be the way earn big cbills now. Stacking spotting bonuses and assorted new bonuses on top of each other in combos.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 21 October 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#232 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

Ok so played it for a while with the new rewards... there are 3 problems

rewards for lights and mediums have actually gone down a lot I was averaging 100k now about 70k, the "protect" rewards are cute but put you in seriou danger trying to stay that close, lights need to be more mobile to be useful.

The Lance rewards are only really good for Groups and not PUGS. you cant stick with your lance effectively when yo have a random mix of builds.

The lance and other rewards promte death balling and no smart tactics. really they do

#233 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 21 October 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

This is a bad patch C-Bill rewards suck now so bad it not funny I have 1 summoner mech was avg per battle 80k-120k was low C-bill rewards now I get 28k-50k per battle which is way worse PGI quit screwing up MWO and fix C-bill rewards good was excited to comeback try game again no all I want t do is un- install game and not look back.

You have to play a bit differently now if you want the same kinds of rewards. I will admit though, most of the rewards seem biased toward light mechs.

#234 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

Darth said (You have to play a bit differently now if you want the same kinds of rewards. I will admit though, most of the rewards seem biased toward light mechs. )

Let me tell you I don't want to play different every dammmm patch I just want to have fun that's what games are for not trying to squeeze the player base so bad to turn a dime you feel like un-installing the game .I can say last time I really had fun with MWO was back in closed beta when the double armor really worked before they nerfed it into oblivion.

The DEVS & Staff are like Salmon swimming up a Canadian river going from one side of the river to the other every patch never staying in the middle of the river for very long. Im sorry but thispatch just sucksssssssss asssssssssssssss plain and simple.

Edited by PappySmurf, 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#235 Justy Starflare

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

thanks for the updates but who effing thought of hard wiring jump jets in a timber wolf?
here is a paste and copy from sarna.net wiki. none zero zip zilch nada of the timber wolves from TRO 3050 orig and reprint have hard wired jump jets and one of those versions alternate config d wont work because of the added jump jets. its an easy fix considering you guys broke it.

V=
Weapons and Equipment

The default configuration of the Timber Wolf features a well blended mix of energy and missile weaponry; primarily extended-range lasers and long range missile racks that give the Timber Wolf considerable firepower at medium and long range. A pair of LRM-20 racks supplemented by two Extended Range Large Lasers make up the bulk of the Timber Wolf's firepower. The Timber Wolf also has an array of lighter, shorter ranged weaponry for use once the 'Mech draws closer to its prey: two ER Medium Lasers and a Medium Pulse Laser. Finally, it has two Machine Guns for point defense against infantry. Even on the modern battlefield the primary configuration of the Timber Wolf is a force to be reckoned with.[2][5][6]
[edit] Alternate Configurations
  • Alt. Config. A Configured specifically for long range, direct fire combat, the A configuration of the Timber Wolf is armed with a pair of ER PPCs. These give the Timber Wolf A the capability of stripping nearly two tons of armor off of an enemy 'Mech at extreme ranges. For close combat, the A configuration has three Medium Pulse Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and a Streak SRM-6 to find any weak points in an enemy's armor. BV (1.0) = 2,470[3], BV (2.0) = 2,854[2][7]
  • Alt. Config. B Armed to engage an enemy at either short or long ranges, the B configuration is an attempt to use the Timber Wolf in a workhorse role. For long range combat, a Gauss Rifle and an LRM-10 launcher gives the Timber Wolf B a powerful long range punch. For short to medium range engagements, a Large Pulse Laser is carried. Finally, for short ranges, a Small Pulse Laser and SRM-4 launcher are carried. Additionally, both of the missile launchers are linked to an Artemis IV Fire Control System to allow for greater missile accuracy. BV (1.0) = 2,012[3], BV (2.0) = 2,224[2][8]
  • Alt. Config. C A long range configuration of the Timber Wolf, the C configuration carries an assortment of long range weapons. For direct fire capabilities, the Timber Wolf C mounts two ER Large Lasers and an Ultra Autocannon/5. For indirect fire support capability, its two LRM-15 launchers provide an ample quantity of firepower. Finally, for close range protection, the C carries an ER Medium Laser and an Anti-Missile System. BV (1.0) = 2,164[3], BV (2.0) = 2,500[2][9]
  • Alt. Config. D This configuration mounts a pair of ER PPCs as its primary weapons. These are supported by four Streak SRM-6 launchers with two in the left torso and two in the right torso. One Streak SRM-6 on both torsos is rear mounted. A single ER Small Laser rounds out the Timber Wolf D's arsenal. BV (1.0) = 2,351[3], BV (2.0) = 2,682[2][10]

#236 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 21 October 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Haters going to hate hate hate. Cry babies going to cry cry cry. PGI just going to shake it off?

I approve of all the changes expect home screen log back. Not a huge deal but don't understand reasoning behind it?
Reward system is step in right direction but will need tweaking for sure
Luv my new mechs not a big fan of angel on my mech but i don't see it while driving it so no love loss
never thought id see heavy que % this low i actually played my timber god with the x2 jump jet nerf and guess what, its still an amazing mech

When you have to rely on generally terrible pugs to make any sort of Cbills at all, it really doesn't matter how well you do. I just had a match doing over 700 damage in a loss, and still only managed to make about 130k in cbills. That to me is quite frankly an unacceptable grind that sucks the fun right out of the game.

As for the JJ changes, meh don't really care either way, I saw it coming with how much people QQ'ed about the Timberwolf for months anyway. But once again rather than find a middle ground in regards to match rewards, PGI had to do what they always do with everything, swing to one extreme end of the spectrum. Disappointing to say the least.

#237 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 21 October 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Let me tell you I don't want to play different every dammmm patch I just want to have fun that's what games are for not trying to squeeze the player base so bad to turn a dime you feel like un-installing the game .I can say last time I really had fun with MWO was back in closed beta when the double armor really worked before they nerfed it into oblivion.

I fail to see how being forced to adopt different strategies equates to squeezing the player base for money. I for one like change, as it keeps the game dynamic, and means that MWO isn't dead. But whatevs.

#238 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 21 October 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

When you have to rely on generally terrible pugs to make any sort of Cbills at all

It is called Group Que man

This IS a "Team" game after all.
Don't like the PuGs?
There are even plenty of groups dedicated to casual drops.

#239 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

PUGs are usually not so bad if you train them. This is what your chat is for.

#240 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

Okay, that was utter crap!!! I wrote a rather nice post, already logged in, posted it, and LOST IT because the damn forum logged me out.

That crap really does need to be fixed!!!

Now, allowing cowards in Lights to get behind 'Mechs and stay there, and rewarding them for it, is garbage. Now, make it so if they remain there for more than ten seconds, they begin to take penalties to both XP and C-Bills. Yes, encourage them to frustrate and belittle other pilots because they stay behind, where the other pilot can't even have a hope to shoot them. Thanks.

The rest of it looks awesome.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users