Cn9-Ah Builds?

156 replies to this topic

#81 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostUrsusMorologus, on 29 October 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

All mediums move too slow, they should have reference speed over 100kph instead of around 90

60-80kph is plenty fast when most lights only go 97kph.

#82 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

Look if we're arguing stock engines all the way across I agree. But in the actual play environment we're currently working in it doesn't cut the mustard.

And setting that aside this is kind of too general of an overall topic for this thread. Maybe something that should have it's own instead of junking up and derailing one meant for sharing builds on a specific mech.

#83 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostDago Red, on 29 October 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Look if we're arguing stock engines all the way across I agree. But in the actual play environment we're currently working in it doesn't cut the mustard.

Everybody playing Clan mechs disagrees with you.

#84 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Yes well we all know that they get other things in exchange for that lack of customization.

Still not the time or place for this.

Plus lets just say there's a reason that the stormcrow is the more popular clan medium even without it having jump jets.

Edited by Dago Red, 29 October 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#85 Ground Pounder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Florida

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...de2fe532e3d5310

Gauss Rifle w/ 3 tons of Ammo

2 MG w/ 1 ton of Ammo

3 SRM4s w/ 1 1/2 tons of Ammo

XL 200

Maxed Armor (-2 pts off total)

Works great :)

#86 KeefCheef

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:30 AM

this has been working the best for me: CN9-AH

AC20 4t ammo
2x SRM4 2.5t ammo
XL270

#87 eblackthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:00 AM

Here's mine, std engine. Not to sure about it tho.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...58b4b8ff1ebab42

#88 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostKeefCheef, on 02 November 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

this has been working the best for me: CN9-AH

AC20 4t ammo
2x SRM4 2.5t ammo
XL270

this build and its variations is likely going to become the go-to AH after the quirk pass.

just one word of comment on your build - I'd shy away from putting ammo in the legs on a Centurion, especially as you've shaved some armour off them. smart players will target the legs right away, as you can't shield them by twisting, and losing one is p. much a death sentence with an XL engine.

#89 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

since I already have a yenlo with the ac20 I slapped 3 ac2s and 2 streaks on mine, stock engine. But i dont really see myself driving this mech at all anyway.

#90 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

it's better than the Wang, at least in my book.

#91 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 02 November 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

it's better than the Wang, at least in my book.

And see, I look at the AH and really, really dislike it.

That said, its arms move, which the Wang can't do.

#92 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 02 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

they have the exact same movement as the Wang's.

what the AH has that the Wang doesn't is the ability to repeatedly deliver powerful alphas while maintaining maximum defense in the form of the shield arm. the YLW can't do this because its secondary weapons require you to stare at your opponent for a whole second to do damage. thus, the AH is the better brawler of the two.

#93 Alexander MacTaggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 02 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

Is the Wang's arm locked vertically? The AH's arms can only move up and down, not left to right, which I thought was the same for the Wang.

#94 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:57 AM

I guess this is a dawgs eye review. Your mileage may vary, just my .02 cents worth.
thats what gentlemen say when the preface advice with stfu if you dont like it. :)

I take it out often enough. Not considering selling it, and I have sold ALL the other free mechs I've gotten/won etc.
Only 50 battles in it, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I do have 300 battles in its zombie sister however.
This one is quite a bit different- real quick, that AC20 build is...cute...end of story, thats it. One big thump. I tried every build based around it. AND based on my priorities, it just isn't happening.

Speed is life, all builds have XL275- period, all have nearly max armor- never shave more than 4-5 points off, all are pug based, all are ammo based, and THAT does not make for a big point earning damage monster in a long battle. So, builds must be suitable to carry enough ammo to at least last till the end of most pug battles.

so:
3SRM6, AC2, 2MG's- another unreliable, either shreds or gets whacked. Lots of range-you can *touch almost any mech at most ranges, but AC2 is for annoying, keeping something pinned down while (hopefully) my team advances, but during a zerg rush-where you on the tactical advantage side it is a high DPS monster. If you're getting rushed cause you're the last man...m'eh
3MG's, 3SRM6, BAP, AMS- this one works real well, or real poorly. You can have tons and tons of ammo, but Too unreliable, had matches with less than 100 damage, and matches with 600+ damage 5 kills...NO average, no base.
Maybe if I tailored my playstyle it could work, I did like max armor, the ammo amount, the AMS, the BAP etc. I may give it a go after the 4th patch..spits gonna get real for IS then boyz!
AC5, 3SRM6-so far. the bread winner, steady damage with this 300-400+ steady kills. My current go to build. Always damages, always kills, always makes money win loss tie, its likely to be the end game build for me on this mech.
AC5, LRM10, SRM6 (worked pretty well over this last weekend) Lots of range, gets to *touch lots of mechs, often getting 10 assists
LBX10, 2MG's, 3SRM4's- another fairly dependable earner build. Shotgun can tag quite a few out there 400-700 meters but no real damage, key is *touching them. Effective in a brawl, or battling lights, I just dont like it for whatever reason.

*touching an enemy mech- its the coup -non lethal cage rattling tactic,
I have yet to see what damage is being done when things start bouncing off my hull. I MOVE. I retreat, I may evaluate whats going on and chose to take minor damage if I'm out of range, but I move first. Think later. Anytime you start chipping the paint they will move.

#95 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:54 AM

CN9-AH is one of those "all or nothing" mechs. Take the AC20, 2xSRM4 with XL255. Wait for a push and then go with your team and deal as much damage before going down.

If you don't want to use an XL engine, the Hunchback is a better mech to carry an AC20 or AC10.

#96 UndeadEdd

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 03 November 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

Speed is life, all builds have XL275- period,

And herein lies one of your mistakes. You don't need an XL 275, since you don't need that extra heat-sink slot. Save a whole whopping one ton just by downgrading to XL 265 (which is just 0.5 ton heavier than an XL 250 which is the first engine with 10 HS). The <4KPH speed reduction is worth the extra free ton.
This is my current build : CN9-AH (XL 265, AC20, 2xSRM4)
And it just assassinates almost anything. Even when my team was stomped 4-12 I managed to just murder a DireWolf, circling around him with about 4-5 of his teammates near-by trying to shoot me. With the AC20+SRM4 quirks and an AC20 cooldown module you can keep up a good "left hook - right uppercut" boxing brawl for a devastating effect. You need a good aim, know where to aim and make sure that every shot counts.

Edited by UndeadEdd, 10 November 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#97 F37u5 Ea73r

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

i have 1 gauss 4.5 tons, 2 srm 2s 2 tons and a mg with 1 ton, and xl220....my damn gauss rifle wont fire....like no ****...pull the trigger no charge...I thought it was maybe a glitch in the testing grounds...yea it wasn't...any ideas?

Edited by F37u5 Ea73r, 15 November 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#98 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

I hadn't driven mine until yesterday, having had other priorities for the cbills until now. I greatly regret my decision... this thing is loads of fun!

I'm running this right now- it's not ideal; just using a spare engine I had sitting around until I grind the cbills to swap it out for this. I love the huge knockout punch and the minimal face-time required to deliver it. This is definitely going to become one of my favorite mediums.

#99 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

My build for my AH is an xl 275, 3 machine guns/ac 2, and 3 SRM6+art. I actually went toe-to-toe with a Timberwolf and won. Albeit, he took all my armor off, but I won.

#100 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

Last weekend ran LRM30 on it w/3mg's, when they close your porked, and really lrms are very annoying, but a pure lrm build is totally hit or miss for success
3SRM6's and 3MG's is a hoot..but lacks any long range ability-had some insane matches in it...but lost my butt in an equal number.
Mixing, matching, tried this and love it (currently) I am NOT a fan of more than 2, possibly 3 weapons on any mech. but...
xl275, LRM 5, 2SRM6, AC5, 2MG's. Covers it all, not really fantastically, but...bonus income, shiny skin ftw

it is tough to build a good ammo dependent mech no matter WHAT you do.
IF I had another HALF ton of LRM ammo, I know I could have stolen the 12th kill, a cored warsomething clan -I figure its new, slow and crippled. And next match I probably could have used a another half ton of SRM..or AC...who knows, but...it was free! Just finished off the last/3rd module.
Humping to last target at 98kph, the rest of the pack was around the mountain- thought I could get there, but, two lights flew past me and one of them secured the kill- just a couple more lrm's....might shave mg to 1/2 and increase lrm by .5 ton

Went one on with a fairly fresh storm crow, thought it was all over for me, our firestarter ripped thru and sprayed him with small lasers, but kept going...stormcrow thought it was time to run- lrm5 and ac5 chiseled off an arm and took a weapon or two as he ran away, then turned to come back and we dueled around the buildings finished him off. Very close, a superior mech fell to this old thing!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users