Most want to just print the money. ^_^

#102 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

...okay lets try this again.

Hello OP. I would have to agree that the rewards for playing games and not doing that well are a little low. -insert circumstantial evidence-. I am mostly worried for new players who will not be doing that well because they are new and have not learned yet. They will not be earning as much Cbills each match and that could maybe be upsetting for them.

Sincerely,
Me

#103 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

I like the new system but I would love more "base" pay. Make the minimum we can get like 40k please?

#104 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 October 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

But are we trying to play mechwarrior online or C-bill printer online

A: This:

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 October 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Most want to just print the money. ^_^

B: The old system was:
1: Do damage and get kills and assists to earn XP/Cbills.
2: The way to do that was to deathball around for protection while doing the damage.

NOW: You can deathball around (and earn some extra cbills through protection proximity and lance coop) and earn cbills that way, but it ALSO reward those people who wish to flank and are good at it.

Deathballing is no longer the only way to earn cbills. Operating as a lance is the way to earn..and it turns out, that that could be more fun than the same deathball every game.

I am getting between 230-300k cbills now.. and that is in the solo queue... I am looking very much forward to running in a 4man.

#105 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:00 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 21 October 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

If there's a way of screenshotting or providing links to previous matches then I would happily oblige.

Alas, this game has limited (aka zero) functionality in this respect so I cant post anything.

Press "Print Screen" to take a screenshot. It'll be in the Mechwarrior Online/User/ScreenShots directory.

The nice side effect is it will discourage players from spamming air/arty.

#106 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 October 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

Press "Print Screen" to take a screenshot. It'll be in the Mechwarrior Online/User/ScreenShots directory.

he is saying he cannot make a screenshot after the fact though. Now if we can figure out how to do that... it'd be really cool. :huh:

#107 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

And again, DWF this time.

Team win, 3 components tore off, highest damage, 7 assists, 2 kills etc etc. 100k

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im satisified now this is just a ploy to get people to invest in premium time. Makes business sense really, especially as mechs are starting to come out now that people actually want, and if they want to buy them for c-bills, prm time is the way to go.

#108 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

I am averaging between 150 and 250k. (Roughly 100 to 170k before premium.)

I do not know if you know this.. but premium time is not supposed to be superfluous. The idea behind premium is that while you can get the cbills and XP without it, it goes 50% faster with premium.

Your level of acceptable... is arbitrary, 151st.

Also: I am not sorry that I am making more Cbills than you, regularly, in a medium mech.

#109 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostXarian, on 21 October 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Here's an example using my Tagging Spider 5V. It was a close match, but we lost.

The end-match results are low enough to discourage people from playing.

Posted Image

Look, the amount of C-Bills isn't great for a match with premium time, but it was a pretty poor match. I sometimes get matches which give only 50k C-Bills too, but those are bad matches. Also I wouldn't recommend using consumables every game, especially if you're farming for new stuff. Use consumable only when you are sure they are worth the investment, like a strike hitting multiple people or securing a kill or a UAV revealing most of the enemy team in a bad position where they can be LRM'd etc.

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 21 October 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

This is a game just prior to the Clan launch in my CTF-3D with most kills and top damage (brawler 3D to boot.) The only way I could break 200K is with a hero/champion mech and/or first win for the day.

Complaining you got 140-160k for mediocre performance is just silly.

Posted Image

If anything, it looks to me like they bumped rewards up quite a bit from how they used to be.

Consequently, I've got losses with stats like that and a paltry 100k (with both premium and hero bonuses.) Probably a few posted in the Carry Harder thread. Don't feel like reposting because this really doesn't seem to be an issue imo.

This has been my experience as well. In all the matches I've played I've gotten Hero mech levels of C-Bills compared to how rewards used to be. Doing damage and backing up your team is rewarded quite a bit more it seems. I haven't gotten any really bad games in, so can't compare those yet, but putting out the damage is certainly more rewarding.

I love the new most damage done to target reward.

Edited by Marmon Rzohr, 22 October 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#110 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the reward system should be simplified to reflect how a MW would really be compensated.

Flat reward for dropping into a battle (example: 50k)
minus penalty for suicide (example: -25k)
minus penalty for team kill (example: -25k each)

Plus reward for winning (example 100k)
Plus reward for headshot kills (example 25k each)
Plus reward for kills %mech remaining (example - 25k each less %mech destroyed - so if the mech has 50% left intact after destoyed - the player would get 12.5k reward)
Plus reward for turret destructions (example 10k each)
Plus reward for Base Capture (example 1k per % captured)

I know that people like to get rewarded for doing damage - but it's ********. The more holes you put into the mech, and the more armor you strip off, the less useful salvage there is so the less the mech's corpse would be worth.

Anyways, rewards really should be simplified. The game has basically no economy anyways - so putting effort into a meaningless rewards system is.... a waste of development resources.

The only thing that matters is how many battles one has to drop to buy the next mech. PGI knows how much they want to hand out per game - it should be very simple to just come up with a predictable matrix so that players can get a good estimate for how many battles it will take them to reach a goal, and PGI would be able to easily set the total rewards per battle.

Don't try to be more clever than you are, PGI. This latest reward system is dumb. I don't even care that battles hand out less rewards - it's the development time that you guys put into the system that was stupid. You could have done a "50k per battle, 100k if you win" system - spent all of 5 minutes on it, and used the other 2 weeks to get closer to releasing CW or IS perks.

#111 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostKirkland Langue, on 22 October 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

-snip-

For balance, corerule ignore.

#112 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

Playing with Hero (DS), premium time. Defeated.

Posted Image

#113 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostLogan Hawke, on 22 October 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

For balance, corerule ignore.

Nothing in my post talked about balance or core rules.

I'm talking about PGI wasting time developing a complex rewards system which doesn't slightly reflect reality, and doesn't even make people happy.

#114 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostKirkland Langue, on 22 October 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Nothing in my post talked about balance or core rules.

I'm talking about PGI wasting time developing a complex rewards system which doesn't slightly reflect reality, and doesn't even make people happy.

You're talking about it wanting to reflect the rules and source material, right? You want it to be based on fluff instead of what is most effective and beneficial for the game. Hence my comment, though I suppose you might not have gotten the reference and taken it worse than it was meant in which case, sorry.

Also, for the record, I'm loving the new rewards system. I'm seeing new playstyles encouraging teamwork and it's beautiful. It just needs to be ironed out. Nothing is ever perfect on first release.

#115 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostLogan Hawke, on 22 October 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

You're talking about it wanting to reflect the rules and source material, right? You want it to be based on fluff instead of what is most effective and beneficial for the game. Hence my comment, though I suppose you might not have gotten the reference and taken it worse than it was meant in which case, sorry.

No, I want it to reflect what people would get paid in REAL LIFE, if the MW universe was real. If the Core Rules happen to arrive at the same conclusion I did - then take that as evidence that I'm not really talking out my posterior.

The entire concept of getting paid to create gore and destruction is silly. People pay mercenaries to achieve goals. Soldiers generally get paid flat rates - and get bonus for being in dangerous situations. Mechwarriors should be rewarded the same way: you get paid to drop, you get paid to win, and you get paid bonuses for being efficient.

#116 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

Love the new reward system. I'm raking in more money than I ever did, for doing alot of what I've always done.

#117 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostKirkland Langue, on 22 October 2014 - 07:46 AM, said:

No, I want it to reflect what people would get paid in REAL LIFE, if the MW universe was real. If the Core Rules happen to arrive at the same conclusion I did - then take that as evidence that I'm not really talking out my posterior.

The entire concept of getting paid to create gore and destruction is silly. People pay mercenaries to achieve goals. Soldiers generally get paid flat rates - and get bonus for being in dangerous situations. Mechwarriors should be rewarded the same way: you get paid to drop, you get paid to win, and you get paid bonuses for being efficient.

While that would be cool immersion wise, I kind of doubt that it would work in a balance perspective. What would the losers get paid? Anything? Would only the surviving winners get paid? Get headshot and you forfeit your rewards since you're 'dead'? What about less... scrupulous employers that do in fact pay for mayhem and destruction as the primary goal? Would you have to pay your dropship/jumpship fees or would that be waived? How about bidding for salvage? Would only mercs get that stuff and house/clan members just get a flat rate for their government paycheck?

#118 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 22 October 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

Was there any official word from PGI if they intended to lower the average CBill/XP earning per match and force the players to change their play style, matching the new reward system?

Any change to the reward system forces players to change their style. Look at all of the challenges that we have had and how the reward structure changed behavior. The new reward structure is moving away from bring the mechs that do the most damage to bring mechs that can help the team. It is rewarding sticking with a target until it is dead instead of hopping to various targets.

The only rewards that are broken in my opinion are the TAG/Narc Damage and Kill rewards. Those rewards should only be given for missile damage but are currently being given out for any type of damage. Other than that everything else seems to be working fine.

#119 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 21 October 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Im sorry but I need a legit screen shot for that one.

Seems utterly impossible - Please get me a screen shot.

Yeah, I was making 100k+ last night in my Stormcrow.

#120 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostMcMatt, on 22 October 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Playing with Hero (DS), premium time. Defeated.

Posted Image

That is really good pay for losing Sir!

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users