What To Do With The Cn9-Ah When I Already Have A Yen Lo Wang?

51 replies to this topic

#1 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

I already have an AC/20 Centurion with a higher engine cap and lasers instead of missiles.

With an AC/20, you don't have much weight free for missiles, even if you downgrade to XL 255. Same if you use 3 AC/2.

If I want to use an AC/10, the CN9-A already does it with the same missile hardpoints but adds two energy hardpoints.

So maybe I want to use two ballistics. The CN9-D does that, but it only has two missile hardpoints, though to make up for it it has two energy hardpoints.

Going back to the CN9-AH, 3 machine guns with 3 missile launchers is a joke; I have tried something similar in a Wolverine.

So really the only possible build is two AC/2 with three missiles, and that third missile launcher has to be more important than having energy weaponry. Yeesh.

#2 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostFelio, on 22 October 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

I already have an AC/20 Centurion with a higher engine cap and lasers instead of missiles.

With an AC/20, you don't have much weight free for missiles, even if you downgrade to XL 255. Same if you use 3 AC/2.

If I want to use an AC/10, the CN9-A already does it with the same missile hardpoints but adds two energy hardpoints.

So maybe I want to use two ballistics. The CN9-D does that, but it only has two missile hardpoints, though to make up for it it has two energy hardpoints.

Going back to the CN9-AH, 3 machine guns with 3 missile launchers is a joke; I have tried something similar in a Wolverine.

So really the only possible build is two AC/2 with three missiles, and that third missile launcher has to be more important than having energy weaponry. Yeesh.

Suggestion: Say thanks, strip it, sell the parts and ignore it. Congrats, you just got a free Cbill reward for nothing!

I love people who complain about free ****.... BLOWS MY MIND!

Edited by Creovex, 22 October 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#3 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

Slapped a decent size XL, AC20 + 2xSRM4 or AC20 + 3xSRM2. Those are unique to the AH and higher damage than two medium laser, though heavier and ammo dependent. Seems to work fine, for a cent with an XL

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

I'm running this:

CN9-AH

It's fun. :D

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

What I'm sporting.

#6 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

I'll master it just because its a free Cent and I like piloting them...Its going to such not having my lasers though.

#7 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

Dunno, ac20 + streaks or srm artemis + machineguns? Lots of options.

#8 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

personally I like this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5b4763c29c39f5

I run a LBX and Large Pulse Laz on my wang

#9 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostCreovex, on 22 October 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Suggestion: Say thanks, strip it, sell the parts and ignore it. Congrats, you just got a free Cbill reward for nothing!

I love people who complain about free ****.... BLOWS MY MIND!

For the 1000th time, you can't sell it.

(But I essentially agree)

#10 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

Don't think he was really complaining as in "actually complaining" lol.

#11 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

I fit mine with STD200, UAC5, 2xMG, 3x LRM5, AMS, ammo for the lot. It's a fun support mech with a cool paintjob.

#12 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d146fffe4831424

I run that, its very cool in a brawl =)

This mech has a good feeling, like other centurions. But I really miss the lasers...

#13 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:20 AM

Like others my ylw is taking care of the ac20 business and seeing as this cant zombie and needs weight saving for ammo ive used an xl the trade off is ive made it a long range build with an lrm15, two lrm 10's and three machineguns. Although thinking of dropping the 15 down to a 10 and putting bap in too.

And i dont really like lrms especially not in a front line mech like the cent but unfortunately its the most effective build ive come up with so far. Something about an angel painted on the mech that rains death from above seems fitting too.

Edited by mad kat, 23 October 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#14 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

Similar to the STD engine LB/MG/SRM2 build posted above but with an XL.

Criturion-AH "Valkyrie"

I'm not having many problems using an XL due to the small side torsos and the ability to spread damage well. The XL gives you room for much needed extra ammo plus relatively decent speed. I can't bear to run any Cent with less than a 250/255.

There's not much you can really do with the AH to give it decent range so you have to get in close and I love doing so with this build. It's one of the few medium/heavy mechs I have that can stand its ground against those pesky NubCrows.

#15 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostFelio, on 22 October 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Felio,
I tried the 3 MG's with 3SRM6 last night. My first match was 4 kills and nearly 500 damage! I slapped the biggest engine I could in it, so I don't have to worry about heat. Without speed tweak, I am running at 81KPH. I have to tell you that I love it! Maybe it is a fluke, and I have just gotten lucky. I will play more with it tonight. =]

#16 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostSandtiger, on 03 November 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Felio,
I tried the 3 MG's with 3SRM6 last night. My first match was 4 kills and nearly 500 damage! I slapped the biggest engine I could in it, so I don't have to worry about heat. Without speed tweak, I am running at 81KPH. I have to tell you that I love it! Maybe it is a fluke, and I have just gotten lucky. I will play more with it tonight. =]

That's a 250 engine. 89.1KPH with speed tweak. The XL 250 and 255 weigh the same but the 255 gives an extra 1.8KPH.

#17 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

I love the Cents and have missed this one for a while. Thinking about running this maybe http://mwo.smurfy-ne...11b72ec7dfcc0a9

#18 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

I've certainly been slapped around by Cent-AH sporting the AC20 and multiple SRM4s, that's a brawler with punch that is not to be underestimated.

Koniving's more off-the-beaten-path build above looks interesting too, and one i will have to try.

#19 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Have you considered putting an XL in it? Its the only Centurion without CT weapons, kind of making going zombie with it meaningless, so you might as well got for as much punch as you can muster in it. Personally, I haven't bothered to put an XL in mine, but most of the best perfomances in the AH I've seen utilized XL engines.

#20 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

I always seem to receive PPFLD metawhale sprunk right in the CT anyway so I almost always use an XL on my Cents.

Edited by Kyocera, 03 November 2014 - 09:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users