Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostKilo 40, on 22 October 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

so it's official. CW will miss it's deadline of October from last December's State Of The Inner Sphere command chair post.

not the end of the world, but disappointing. On the other hand I'm taking some time off work for Christmas, so CW should make me a nice Christmas present.

Ummh they said end of Q3 thats Dec as its financial quarters surely?

#22 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostSam Slade, on 22 October 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Big Issue!

I want to buy Clan Mech Packs and Inner Sphere Mech Packs! I want to use all my Mechs in Community Warfare(I'm actually looking at upgrading 2 x Mech packs so I have enough solid Mechs for drop decks! spend spend spend)...

Oh wait... why can I not create a Clan persona and an Inner Sphere persona? I used to do that all the time in other games so I could experience playing as good and evil... ah well... now I have to decide which Mechs not to buy... not to buy... not to buy...(fade out in regretful flashback way).

QUESTION: Could we not choose both a Clan and an IS faction with the limitation that they do not fight in the same theater of operations? Avoids conflict of interest... allows me to buy your stuff

Not a big issue. ;)

PGI have set it up so you can switch between factions at reasonable intervals and use all your 'Mechs. I'm not sure I want to see a single player fighting for multiple factions at the same time, I can see all sorts of problems coming out of that.

#23 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

Looking forward to CW. I'm sure (with this community as it is) there will always be complaints and things that do not satisfy some subgroup. But the general idea is starting to piece together quite nicely. This will give MWO that extra goal beyond grinding.

I have only one question: How will faction loyalists who commit permanently be rewarded above contract players? I would imagine that even a hardcore loyalist will have more incentive to eventually be able to switch for the sake of using all of their mechs for example. So what incentive is there to not make this option obsolete?

#24 AtomCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 274 posts
  • LocationDPR, Donetsk

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

1) If a lone Kurita player with permanent contract joins Kurita Unit (which has 2 month contract) - what will be with his contract?
2) Player gain reward after contract has finished. If I have permanent contract when do I get my reward?
3) How about more touchable rewards in CW3? For example, specific faction mechs or just CBs?
Like completing long linear quest I can get Kurita light mech (with mechbay ofc.), then Kurita medium mech ... - in a few month. Because casual Players must have alternative way to get mechs, not just grind. (Hardcore Players can grind this quest for all Factions, just to get free mechbay - that a good thing too)

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

So, what's the point of Loyalty Points if you plan to be a Mercenary unit for a Clan?

#26 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

So for us Mercs that means, that Faction Rewards can only be used while are contracted with that specific faction... if we are playing our role properly, we would be fighting for alot of houses, which means all faction rewards will just be senseless for us?

sounds...strange...

#27 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

[color=#5decb1]Which maps & modes will be used in CW? Just Frost or will we see assault, conquest, skirmish as well. [/color]

Right now "Invasion" (Frost is the codename of the map), is the only mode that we have targeted for CW. But that is right of this moment. We may include some of the other game modes if necessary.

I think that isn't the most optimal approach for the following reasons:
  • PGI have spent a lot of time and resources creating the existing maps, why would you not utilise them for CW and public/private games?
  • Having more then one game mode out the door is preferable given one game mode and map will get stagnant VERY quickly
  • You could use the existing game modes and maps as a lead up to the larger invasion mode to create a feeling of planet conquering. e.g. assault or skirmish to establish a landing zone, conquest to establish resources, additional assault/skirmish matches to progress and finally invasion. It doesn't have to be exactly linear but you get the idea
Core facet of IT - re-use as much as you can!

#28 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

Can't see Paul's text when Showing the "spoiler".

#29 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:50 AM

View PostRemarius, on 22 October 2014 - 11:47 PM, said:

Ummh they said end of Q3 thats Dec as its financial quarters surely?

Not in the original command chair post last December.

"Conservative Estimates:

- Association: July-Aug
- Planetary Conquest: Sept-Oct"

I'm not hating. I just really had my fingers crossed they would make that deadline. Or at least be a lot closer to it than mid December.

Edited by Kilo 40, 23 October 2014 - 12:52 AM.

#30 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 23 October 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

So for us Mercs that means, that Faction Rewards can only be used while are contracted with that specific faction... if we are playing our role properly, we would be fighting for alot of houses, which means all faction rewards will just be senseless for us?

sounds...strange...

Sounds about right to me. If you play your role correctly and jump around frequently, then your reward is variety both in planets and mech choice (IS vs Clans). You cannot expect to be rewarded for loyalty when you are a mercenary... that sounds strange.

On a side note, also don't think the idea of getting mechs etc as rewards for loyalty is a good idea... the LP reward system should remain cosmetic or at least very controlled IMO.

#31 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

I am concerned about the Permanent Contract with a faction and the rewards and impact LP that was discussed to have in the past. The previous design was around being able to swap factions and that certain rewards/discounts would require reaching a certain rank in multiple factions. Also temporary contracts talk about getting an LP boost at the end of the contract, permanent contracts don't have such an end so how is LP distribution going to be handled? How is LP gain going to be for Permanent Contracts compared to Temporary Contracts?

Also, is the LP system only going to be counting CW matches? In regular public matches the MM does often put players from the same faction on both sides. Would LP losses occur because two members of the same faction were forced to fight each other in a public match?

#32 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

I am liking what I am seeing but I am repeating myself alot in this regard these last 2 months, boy have you guys come around in a big way keep this standard up pretty please and also PLEASE ignore the professional whiners who b i t c h about almost everything these days. You are proving that you are taking into consideration what the feedback from us is and what is more important you are acting on the feedback promtly which is fantastic.

Remember you cannot please all the players all the time, but you can please most of the players all the time, if this communcation continues like this I for one will continue to support you with my money, and not just the premium time money.

View PostSuckyJack, on 23 October 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

I am concerned about the Permanent Contract with a faction and the rewards and impact LP that was discussed to have in the past. The previous design was around being able to swap factions and that certain rewards/discounts would require reaching a certain rank in multiple factions. Also temporary contracts talk about getting an LP boost at the end of the contract, permanent contracts don't have such an end so how is LP distribution going to be handled? How is LP gain going to be for Permanent Contracts compared to Temporary Contracts?

Also, is the LP system only going to be counting CW matches? In regular public matches the MM does often put players from the same faction on both sides. Would LP losses occur because two members of the same faction were forced to fight each other in a public match?

Very good questions beat me to it by a whisker! I second these questions.

View PostFinster, on 22 October 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

Good to know that Phoenix buyers are getting screwed over on the LP "bonus". YAY A ONE TIME LUMP SUM! *fart*

Bloody hell mate be glad that you are getting anything, I for one was not expecting anything so quit the whining and take what you can while you can, you sound like those whiners who do not like the colour of their free mechs sheessss cry me a river mate.

#33 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 22 October 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

Not a big issue. ;)

PGI have set it up so you can switch between factions at reasonable intervals and use all your 'Mechs. I'm not sure I want to see a single player fighting for multiple factions at the same time, I can see all sorts of problems coming out of that.

Big issue for us fickle customers who will not buy something if we cannot use it in the 'real'(CW) game whenever we want.Worth noting this is how most customers think...

Edited by Sam Slade, 23 October 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#34 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Good to know that Phoenix buyers are getting screwed over on the LP "bonus". YAY A ONE TIME LUMP SUM! *fart*

Not screwed over this time, we're getting a bonus.

We bought the pack knowing that the (P) variants would get a LP bonus, and that the medallions would give us a LP bonus ... what we didn't know then was what LP would count for, and that it wouldn't count for anything until CW. As far as we know, we still get the 'mech and trinket bonus. There was an expectation that LP would start counting immediately upon receipt, but they told us that it wouldn't.

(Of course, they'll probably sell trinkets with better bonuses, but I kind of expected that when I saw the description "Kurita Bronze")

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 23 October 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#35 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

I´ve got a question concerning the clan loyalist (daggerstar) players.

Many of us hold the daggerstar as a replacement for Clans to come, mostly for the two clans of the fourth invasion wave;
roughly one year after the start of operation revival.
Last information was that you would like to include those two factions into the game on timeline.

On behalfe of the large and lively Nova Cat faction existing within your playerbase I´d like to ask:
Should we go for timed clan loyalist contracts and hope, or go permanent?

Thanks in advance for your answer and keep up the good work. :)

PS: while I´m at it, could we get a fifth (sixth) faction content choice on the Man-O-War Pack? That be awesome. ;)

#36 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 23 October 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

Bloody hell mate be glad that you are getting anything, I for one was not expecting anything so quit the whining and take what you can while you can, you sound like those whiners who do not like the colour of their free mechs sheessss cry me a river mate.

To be fair the Phoenix Package was advertised to give Phoenix Variants that had the following bonuses:
  • Unique and Exclusive Custom Designed Exterior
  • 30% C-Bill boost
  • 10% Loyalty Point Boost
  • Exclusive Phoenix variants cannot be sold
Also the hanging items were supposed to give a bonus:
  • Faction Medallions will provide a 2.5% bonus to Loyalty Point gains on any 'Mech in which it is equipped.
Though many buyers cried foul as we didn't get the system implemented anywhere near the timeframe of the package I was content that it could be argued that we had the benefit on the mechs and items just that said bonus did nothing for the moment. Once the Loyalty Point system is in if they do not implement the following bonuses then there is a legitimate gripe from the playerbase as PGI would have failed to provide what was advertised in the package.

If the one time increase of LP comes in addition to these bonuses to make up for the time difference between when Project Phoenix was delivered and when the Loyalty Point system was put in then it is welcome.

Edited by SuckyJack, 23 October 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#37 Strongpaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth of Montreal

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

1 Paul Inouye quote'

With this system, it IS possible for a Merc Unit to align to House Steiner for [1] month and at the end of that month, switch to a [1] month alignment to Clan Jade Falcon. Note that this will NOT bypass technology locks. When the Unit is aligned to Steiner, only IS 'Mechs can be used, and when aligned to Clan Jade Falcon, only Clan 'Mechs can be used.
'
~Excuse Me?
I currently own 171 mechs, not quite 50/50 Clan/IS. You are telling me with this BS system i won't be able to use half of my purchased mechs for 1-3 months at a time?(contract duration)

2 PI Quote '[color=orange]Loyalty Points[/color]

First off, upon inclusion into the game, Loyalty Points (LP) will be rewarded with an initial, lump sum injection into player accounts who own the Phoenix Package: Loyalty Point booster. From that point on, all players will be rewarded LP based on their actions and their Faction alignment.'

~That 'LUMP SUM' better be based on the number of matches I Have Played since I bought my Phoenix pack.

3 PI quote 'Special case: If a Lone Wolf player (or any player for that matter) switches Factions after completing a contract, they will lose LP for the Faction they just left. Depending on which Faction the player switches to, this LP loss for a Faction would continue depending on the Factions involved. For example, if the Kurita player from above switches to Davion after the Kurita contract expired, all kills/wins/contracts with Davion will reward Davion LP but will also reduce the LP total they had with Kurita.'

~Which is an utter fail of a system that goes against Cannon, You complete your contract you get your REP. The way you are planning this would mean Wolf's Dragoons would be hated by all 5 houses and have NO LP Reputation at all with them http://www.sarna.net...lf%27s_Dragoons

#38 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:37 AM

Question:
Will specific mech chassis used mainly by a specific faction give you any bonus or boost to LP earned for each faction during CW play?

#39 drinniol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostStrongpaw, on 23 October 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

~Excuse Me?
I currently own 171 mechs, not quite 50/50 Clan/IS. You are telling me with this BS system i won't be able to use half of my purchased mechs for 1-3 months at a time?(contract duration)

Please pay attention - it is only for the CW game mode specifically. The normal queues are as per, well, normal.

#40 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:03 AM

psss....
you can always use clan mechs or IS mechs in the public queues at any time. So, not sitting on a shelf for 1-4 months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users