- - - - -

Community Warfare Update - Oct 22 - Feedback

311 replies to this topic

#301 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

If to get back to initial topic in the first post AND to the questions voiced above about rewards for capturing planets and so on... More questions arise.
1. Should switching loyalty to another House automatically mean losing loyalty point with the previous House? Wolf's Dragoons did exactly that switching and kept loyalties. May that be that switching loyalty and NOT participationg in hostile actions towards previous House NOT lead to loosing respective LPs?
2. Will the fight in CW go for the planet of for some objects in the system few 'tokens' each step by step (which will mean prolonged fight for few weekends)?
3. Wouldn't winning a system mean that for some time that system will remain untouched? Say the time for virtual shuttles to retreat, jumpships to jump from the system, get reinfocments and so on, so on, so on along the lines of this Universe?
4. Shouldn't the commanders or individuals with highest LPs for the Faction have an opinion on what to attack next (even via simple mail query to select from list)? Some personal reward and goal afterall.
5. Will there be tags/tabs/banners/ComStar records/honorifix/what-ever-memento-to-brag-about-over-forum/etc for all actively participated (mot a single drop, some variable threshold) units or individuals?
6. Will there be assaults/defendings against raiders (I think there is no 'Pirates' faction) on random occasions?

#302 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

@ Hoax415

I feel that we ALL have been had, because the concepts for CW were revealed AFTER people invested in the Clan Invasion Pack. Had it been known beforehand how CW would work, then it would have given all players the option to either:

A) Invest in only IS or Clan, knowing that it would really only make sense to invest your time and money into one of the 2 factions.
B) Make an alt for an all Clan inventory should you want to experience both sides of the conflict and unsure which side you want to go with.

For those who knew in advance which way they wanted to align, it was a no brainer decision as to whether or not you want to buy or not buy. For us Merc Corps, we believed we had true flexibility. Yes we can change from month-to-month or whatever period we want to go to the trouble of building up LP, but then we suffer LP decay when we switch sides to accommodate our teammates' other desires.

If I could have the option to pull all my Clan 'Mechs to an alt account today, I certainly would, as would many others out there, I am sure.

#303 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

I am not opposed in any way to allowing players a one-time chance to split all of their clan mechs onto a second account, I don't see any reason anyone would be opposed.

Its the one thing people could have done had they had perfect information at the time they made clan purchases. That information was not available until now and I'm happy to let them split their account if they want to.

Everything else players are begging for and claiming they are entitled to because they bought this or that mech. Those things all effect CW and every single player in the game. But if people get to split their account, that's on them and has nothing to do with me (or anyone else) or our gameplay and its something they always could have done in hindsight.

Every other thing is just sour grapes. You aren't getting exactly what you want. Neither am I. Neither is anyone. PGI/Paul/Russ need to come up with the best systems that will make for the best play experience.

-They decided 10v12 was no good.
-They seem to be deciding that IS mercs / LNW just means free agents who play for anyone
-They decided Clan Factions are issuing "contracts"
-They decided that many planets will be all IS factions vs all Clan factions
-They decided to scrap the official defender unit system

And on and on. Those aren't decisions I like and its not what a CW that was exactly the way I want it would work. But I recognize that any of those decisions affects every single player so expecting it all to go my way is incredibly selfish.

Edited by Hoax415, 28 October 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#304 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 28 October 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

Just because lore has been left too much out of the game, should we not fight to have more of the awesome background in MWO? ;)

I think he was just saying that they have already compromised the lore a lot by necessity, and asking them to do it even more is dumb.

View PostKarpundir, on 28 October 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

@ Hoax415

I feel that we ALL have been had, because the concepts for CW were revealed AFTER people invested in the Clan Invasion Pack. Had it been known beforehand how CW would work, then it would have given all players the option to either:

A) Invest in only IS or Clan, knowing that it would really only make sense to invest your time and money into one of the 2 factions.
B) Make an alt for an all Clan inventory should you want to experience both sides of the conflict and unsure which side you want to go with.

For those who knew in advance which way they wanted to align, it was a no brainer decision as to whether or not you want to buy or not buy. For us Merc Corps, we believed we had true flexibility. Yes we can change from month-to-month or whatever period we want to go to the trouble of building up LP, but then we suffer LP decay when we switch sides to accommodate our teammates' other desires.

If I could have the option to pull all my Clan 'Mechs to an alt account today, I certainly would, as would many others out there, I am sure.

I joined a unit a year ago, made lots of friends, and then made the decision that I wanted to be a Clan Warrior when the Clan mechs came out. I then switched units, continued having my friends in my old unit, and made even more friends in my new unit.

Please quit trying to get us to compromise MORE so you have to compromise LESS. Thanks.

#305 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostCimarb, on 28 October 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Please quit trying to get us to compromise MORE so you have to compromise LESS. Thanks.

Posted Image

#306 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

Are there plans to implement cool down timers for unit members leaving one unit and joining another? Since units are locked into contracts you probably want to limit the ability of players from easily changing sides by rapidly leaving and joining other units. Maybe tie the unit member to the same contract timer as the unit so they can leave the unit but not leave the faction until the contract is up.

#307 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostHoax415, on 28 October 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

I am not opposed in any way to allowing players a one-time chance to split all of their clan mechs onto a second account, I don't see any reason anyone would be opposed.

Its the one thing people could have done had they had perfect information at the time they made clan purchases.

Or... allow us to create Clan/IS alter egos for community warfare... then people aren't forced to prioritise purchasing and so forth.

#308 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

There is a specific reason that "its only fair" to let people have a one time opportunity to split their account like that if they really want to.

So no, its not the same as a "clan alter ego" system which is not a very good idea at all.

#309 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

On the one hand we're told that if we're Davion and we kill a Davion player (in the public queue) then we'll lose LP. On the other hand, we're expected to still play the public queue since "that's where we'll earn most of our CBills." It sounds to me like we can be rich with no LPs or broke with lots. Am I missing something?

#310 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

Nothing you do in public queue has any impact on CW. So you can kill whoever you want, pilot whatever mech you want, play on whoever's team you want etc. in public queue. None of that has anything to do with CW's restrictions or benefits.

Also that "most of our cbills" comment has been backtracked. PGI says cb/xp rewards should be similar in CW and outside of it but that comment was more based on CW is a limited times per day thing.

#311 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostHoax415, on 13 November 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Also that "most of our cbills" comment has been backtracked. PGI says cb/xp rewards should be similar in CW and outside of it but that comment was more based on CW is a limited times per day thing.

Right, and that "limited times per day" is completely based upon the games sustained population. If there are plenty of people online at all times to be firing games in the CW system, there will be no break in the "windows". Only when populations are low will CW be forced to "pause".

#312 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users