• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 24 October 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Dang merit based economies...next thing you know, they'll start requiring I.D. Cards to log in.

Define for me the "core" issue.

Dont bother, he already made his mind up and you wont change it or his terrbile fix which already exists....he wants a 30% cbill increase across the board.

I told him to buy a hero mech.... :P

#142 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 October 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Never said they would go BANKRUPT I said they would lose funds. Again, Hyperbole? Should cut that out....you may disagree but that doesn't change the fact that more money given away in game is less RL money needed to be spent and hurts PGI, The model they have setup and eventually hurts players.

BTW if you had a proper tutorial and mechanics for L2P purposes i bet we wouldn't even have these threads...everyone would play like the rest of us who aren't complaining and be rolling in 220,000k-350,000k per match. So please tell me some more how my argument doesn't hold weight...if i can do it why cant the rest of you with some do's and do not's as well as practice?

BTW beefy a 30% increase on nothing is still nothing....so have fun trying to fix those who earn nothing by giving them nothing. Learn to use the new system for what its worth, then if you want a 30% increase buy some Premium Time or get a Hero mech.

I'm finished with this thread as most of you are just saying the same thing over and over again pushing agendas....rather redundant and boring.

Good luck, see ya on the battlefield!

Just an FYI...anyone every heard of Lible before? Because making claims that aren't true can be considered this... If i was in charge at PGI IF (big if) i ever get my game off the ground. I will certainly come after all the clowns who have written false statements about my company trying to defame them and run off business.

Loosing money in the end can tend to end a company's development on a game. I didn't say you did, but many have made that argument. Its funny that you are done with the thread because the same thing keeps being said, by me and others.... however several of you are also saying the very same things, over and over. If you are happy with earnings, why are you and others taking all this time to post about being unhappy for many that feel they are to low and have been for ever now? I never said I was making nothing per drop, so 30% is a much needed bump for all.

Libel? So now we are claiming I have some how trashed PGI in what I have said? OMG serioulsy? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: So much for constructive threads and people politely chatting out their findings and opinions. I posted a screen shot of my earnings in game and after the hotfix.... Not one of you have given a thought as to if it was a fair pay out given what I, and our team did in that game. Some of you, not all keep posting the very same things, "umm I play great, play like me noob if your not happy, L2P" We get it, your happy with the pay, go enjoy it, and let some have a constructive chat about it while showing real screen shots of what and why we have a issue.

View PostLivewyr, on 24 October 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Dang merit based economies...next thing you know, they'll start requiring I.D. Cards to log in.

Define for me the "core" issue.

Several post up, already been defined....

#143 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

I think PGI should have a system whereby a player who isn't satisfied with the cbills he's getting per match could increase them by 50% or maybe even 80%.

#144 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 24 October 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

I think PGI should have a system whereby a player who isn't satisfied with the cbills he's getting per match could increase them by 50% or maybe even 80%.

Go easy Livewyr....some would say you are on the border of libel with your statement. :lol: :rolleyes:

And Darth has made it clear they already have one in place.... buy PT and a hero mech...next ;)

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#145 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 24 October 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is in a 30% bonus income robot.

I don't understand that picture .,.. the total says 103,672 while cbills earned says 62,172 ... was it photoshopped? or was there a large deduction from cbill earnings for team killing or something else? The picture doesn't add up to me ... unless module refills are now deducted from match earnings?

Edited by Mawai, 24 October 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#146 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostMr Beefy, on 24 October 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Go easy Livewyr....some would say you are on the border of libel with your statement. :lol: :rolleyes:

And Darth has made it clear they already have one in place.... buy PT and a hero mech...next ;)

If you could read and comprehend you would see that that was not meant towards you....take a minute and read beefy. If you got such a problem come find me on comms and we can talk this out....or brawl it out!

You're tenuous grasp of English and lack of comprehension has lead you astray once again....

Also beefy you have not defined anything, you just stated NUMEROUS time by spamming the thread you think a 30% increase is needed. That isnt a CORE ISSUE, you think you should get more money then you deserve is the core issue.

Edited by DarthRevis, 24 October 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#147 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Shadowhawks are real cheap now OP, just sell some engines and guns :)

#148 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 October 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

If you could read and comprehend you would see that that was not meant towards you....take a minute and read beefy. If you got such a problem come find me on comms and we can talk this out....or brawl it out!

You're tenuous grasp of English and lack of comprehension has lead you astray once again....

Also beefy you have not defined anything, you just stated NUMEROUS time by spamming the thread you think a 30% increase is needed. That isnt a CORE ISSUE, you think you should get more money then you deserve is the core issue.

I could be wrong but I could of swore you quoted me in that reply, than later added the last part? If it wasn't toward me, great, I couldn't understand how you would even begin to imply that regarding what I have said. I am not spamming the threads, or starting a bunch of topics regarding this. I have gave my input on the topic, in the proper feed back forum and the reasons I believe the low pay outs for all are used as a excuse for the players that farm C-bills, in the old system and the new.

It would seem we are just bouncing back and forth, and If you are cool with the pay outs, I am not sure why you are pushing for it so hard. Other than you have a stable with many mechs in it, you did in fact play when Pay out was around 30% higher for all across the board, and yet you feel it would take something away from you if it went back or close to what it was..... All we keep hearing is if we express concern for pay going up, We must be bad pilots, we must learn how to play, we must not be doing something right, we must hate the new system.

I agree that you are right about someone who just spams the threads with topic after topic blasting PGI, I am not one of those. I am also not one that wants this game to fail, I love it, that's why I play it all the time, and try to play as a contributing team member on any drop, group or solo. I also don't just want my mech after three matches played no matter how good or bad I play. For you and others to say these things are simply no different from the ones who spam the forums on how bad PGI is.... with out any real content to back up what they are even saying.

I am sure I will see you on the field.... I am all for a good match, and I will do my best to give you one but won't say screw team play and the team to take you down. Good luck Darth, at least we both love clans, right? :P

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#149 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

LRMS are a noobs best friend, you don't get a lot of kills but it's easy to rack up damage and assists.

Also, the rewards for tag and NARC are off the hook now, but your going to want to team up with at least one friend to make sure SOMEONE has LRMS.

Very few things are more annoying then NARC'n the entire enemy team and having no missile support to cash in on!

#150 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Income is perfectly fine, better than before, in fact. Suck it up, learn to play, and grind on.

Or don't.

#151 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Well I think it comes down to if this games credit earnings are high or low compared to other online games credit earnings.

I can say for what this games top end gear and mechs are, that credit earnings are still fairly high, or am I wrong?

Like I said before as they add more gear to the game, ie, dropships, supply drops, tanks? jumpships? or what ever, that creds earning will fluctuate, BUT I hope they get the economy down and SOLID because it ruins immersion and the Sim etc if it seems from out of game the strings are being pulled. Get this stuff in a solid state guys building this game.

Edited by Johnny Z, 24 October 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#152 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 24 October 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

LRMS are a noobs best friend, you don't get a lot of kills but it's easy to rack up damage and assists.

Also, the rewards for tag and NARC are off the hook now, but your going to want to team up with at least one friend to make sure SOMEONE has LRMS.

Very few things are more annoying then NARC'n the entire enemy team and having no missile support to cash in on!

New rewards are great, I like what they did to the system, but is any of what you said promoting real team play? Narc does give awareness to your team if they are looking at the mini map and watching for narced targets on the map. The big bonus being "exploited" right now are being learned and people who are hungry for C-bills will use what ever it takes. So we want 6 or 7 Lrm boats in game, and this will bring us a better role warfare then what we have had in the past? I say no it doesn't, when players choose to exploit something to the point it becomes so common its time to look at the real reasons why. It all comes back to the amount of C-bills they get, or the lack of them from a starved system for new players and some old that have been playing the last year.

I am not a big fan of LRMs but I don't care if that's what does it for you. If I think I can help my team by running a kitfox with narc, tag, and ecm, I will do it for the team. It's not my chosen style of play style as of late. I really like short range brawlers. Using cover and out playing an enemy pilot, or getting wrecked because of failure to pay attention to whats around you friendly and foe, and cover.

There are so many ways we all can contribute in a battle, if we really try to be aware of our surroundings, and feel a battle out. Mistakes can wreak you, but so can playing to cautious, and staying in one spot for to long. It really is a flow you get into, even dropping in solo. Some excel at certain roles and if you just bark things out, no one is gonna listen. The guys you see rage blows in game chat who gets the retirement notice after letting their $%#@ team have it, those just make me shake my head.

Just had a really nice match on mining collective, storm crow, with 1 large plus, 4 srms, 5 tons ammo. Our lance stayed with each other Hit our closet cap and then headed to Kappa. The other two lances took the other side of the map and Theta. Our lance ran up on box cars where Kappas at, didn't just rush in. We stayed with each other, used cover and took out a 2 Atlas, a stalker, Dire. I was brawling with the Atlas using the box cars to stay out of his firing pattern, but didn't get the kill shot after taking him down to 37% with my lance. I did end up getting the highest damage reward on him though. It was a good game and over very fast, the stalker ran when he hit 57% and our team and lance surrounded him. I only got around 100K for the match, 4 assist 6 components destroyed over 500 damage...no kills.

Our lance did very well that game together in a pug drop, it is nice when that happens :-)

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#153 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostCerlin, on 24 October 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

Literally just stick with the team and slap a tag or narc on your mech. Also be patient and do not die first and follow the assaults so people shoot at them and not you.

LOL ... that's the point!
It is just that kind stupid to force people to play that way! And this is what Rewards 2.0 do!
What do you think about the future of MWO if EVERYBODY plays that way: narc/tag, stay behind and do not die first!
- Somebody has to be the front!
- Somebody has to die first!
- Somebody has to use weapons with damage - not narc or tag!
And if you are on of them - you get nothing for this!!!

It is again the wrong way to reduce players income ... it happend once and it happens again.
I had once a goal: to buy every single C-Bill Mech in this game.
With the economic change 1 year ago I've dropped my dream because the time I would need to grind the credits would outgrow my time frame.
So I startet to proirize and select only special chassies.
When I've finished to level them I had not enought earnings for the next one... and I had to grind using a hero and "abusing" the econimics as much as possible. It made no fun so I startet to play even less PUG.

And now with even less income don't have the drive to grind ... I have to priorize the new mechs even more.
And this way I will play even less PUG.

If you want the playerbase to play more you have to:
- increase the C-Bills earnings ... this way we would be encouraged to buy more mechs/modules - and if not - you lose nothing!
- decrease XP earnings ... so we need to play a little longer for mastering the "more" mechs WITHOUT having the "grind" being the primary objective!

#154 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostBladeXXL, on 24 October 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

LOL ... that's the point!
It is just that kind stupid to force people to play that way! And this is what Rewards 2.0 do!
What do you think about the future of MWO if EVERYBODY plays that way: narc/tag, stay behind and do not die first!
- Somebody has to be the front!
- Somebody has to die first!
- Somebody has to use weapons with damage - not narc or tag!
And if you are on of them - you get nothing for this!!!

It is again the wrong way to reduce players income ... it happend once and it happens again.
I had once a goal: to buy every single C-Bill Mech in this game.
With the economic change 1 year ago I've dropped my dream because the time I would need to grind the credits would outgrow my time frame.
So I startet to proirize and select only special chassies.
When I've finished to level them I had not enought earnings for the next one... and I had to grind using a hero and "abusing" the econimics as much as possible. It made no fun so I startet to play even less PUG.

And now with even less income don't have the drive to grind ... I have to priorize the new mechs even more.
And this way I will play even less PUG.

If you want the playerbase to play more you have to:
- increase the C-Bills earnings ... this way we would be encouraged to buy more mechs/modules - and if not - you lose nothing!
- decrease XP earnings ... so we need to play a little longer for mastering the "more" mechs WITHOUT having the "grind" being the primary objective!

I think you might be on to something here..... :ph34r: :wub:

#155 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostRhaegor, on 24 October 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Income is perfectly fine, better than before, in fact. Suck it up, learn to play, and grind on.

Or don't.

Ha, ha... this is one of the reason's why I don't go through and always around Chicago unless its to hit Micro center up for a needed Item or sale, lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr Beefy, 24 October 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#156 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Well i just started a new account (2nd one), and its much better now than it was. I mean remember when trial mechs had stock loadouts? no double heat sinks, and poor loadouts, i still did alright making money till i could buy and customize my first mech, then using that 1 better mech, to farm lots of cbills.

in response to OP, here is my strategy that's working for me in my new account.

1. play the match till you die, then leave the game and start another one with a different mech. (you still get paid)
2. play conquest, the extra money is way better if you need more farm.
3. watch videos on youtube about the new cbill farming methods, or watch someone play on twitch. figure out what they do to get a higher score and copy it.
4. visit mechspecs https://www.mechspecs.com/ use this site to make a good build for your mech. you cant make money if your packing small lasers and machine guns, in an atlas. min max your build, and use what other people have figured out will work.

#157 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostRhaegor, on 24 October 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

Or don't.

This kind of answers belong in WoT forums. But this is the kind of players and answers that thrives in a "heavy grind MMOs" like WoT, WT and the likes and that is what MWO will become. -Not sure if I like that course, but it makes the players cough up the gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users