#621 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostVervuel, on 27 October 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

Tag will act as a 50% modifier, decreasing non-LoS lock time by half.

One small issue with this:

TAG is a piece of equipment that requires LoS... How could it decrease non-LoS lock time?

Edit: I see you meant if someone else has the LoS going and the tag for you.

Edited by Koniving, 10 March 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#622 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 10 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Wait you comparing things that are not even in the same era! Its like saying knights were really robots.

that's being deliberately obtuse for the sake of disingenuous arguments for personal gain. By this logical standard you couldn't compare medieval court dancing to waltzes because they're not contemporary enough to each other despite common roots and behavior.

#623 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

Why are you guys still debating this thread a noob troll had necroed?

LRMs are not OP, L2P. LRMs actually need buffs and reworks to make it more reliable.

/thread

Edited by El Bandito, 10 March 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#624 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 March 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

LRMs actually need buffs and reworks to make it more reliable.

Well that depends on perspective, I guess. LRMs seems quite reliable in getting people to raise this kind of threads...

#625 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

LRMs have had a hit reg bug since the first patch of the year unless it was fixed just recently. The problem with over-nerfing LRMs is that you force players wishing to use LRMs to use a LRM dedicated mech instead of the mech they like. Like LRM-60 Stalkers, Warhawks, etc. However you have to be careless to be hit by LRMs in most situations. I can always evade them unless NARCed.

#626 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

Lrms are too composition reliant. One game you do 800 dmg, next game you do 20. Remove narcs, remove tags, remove ecm and balance stuff out. Maybe split missle slots into lrm and srm to stop the missile boats.

The only problem i have with lrms are the lrm boats.

#627 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 10 March 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

LRMs are a blast most times to use and face. Your opinion on their "fun" ratio is not fact.

And I have played matches and mechs without LRMs, and I prefer them in match far more because its a tactical challenge to me, and I LOVE having an LRM duel or out popping a poptart who thinks he's so smooth.

All my fave mechs have at least 10 LRMs on them.

Again, LRMs have been artificially hamstrung by whiny players who demand...DEMAND mind you that they must be able to see what is shooting them and return fire with an artificially superior weapon.

I suppose it is my opinion, but too often matches have become boring waiting games due to teams fielding several LRM boats, on top of any other issues I may have this is what I am referring to. To the Dire Wolf with his single LRM 15, or the stock Timber Wolf Prime and his 2 tons of ammo, I have no problem. I have issues with Mechs like my Catapult C4 (LRM Troll).

My "demand" if anything would be a more involved mechanic for them, so when you get a hit you feel like you deserve it, and when you get hit, well, you feel like you deserve it, because you know the enemy had the skill to pull it off. As it is, LRM boats are just portable arty's.

#628 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostXiang, on 28 October 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

I am tired of having a solid lock, waiting 1 sec and still having my missles fire into the dog gone mountain in front of me, or losing a lock completely and firing off into the wild blue yonder (but normally hitting the mountain in front of me

Xiang

Perhaps get closer than 800m, and you may well hit something with your LRMS. Hiding from cover not being able to be targetted in return while spotters give you locks, NARC gives you unbreakable locks is not enough for you?

LRMs need to have counters like ECM & target delay, though even these are coutnered by LOS/TAG and being close to enemies when you fire LRMs (2-400m).

#629 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:30 PM

Okay Clint, I respect that last paragraph. But by the same token, if you get hit by LRMs, you deserved it far more than any other weapon. You had warning, extra defenses, and a long time to get out of the way.

I never pack ams or hardly ever raderp and if I do run ecm its on my raven and I am playing a sniper. Getting hit means that your opponent took every advantage you had and beat it. I guess that is what ticks off so many when they die to LRMs because all the things they put their faith in to stop the missiles 'failed them' when in reality, they just played poorly and can't face that music.

So although you get 4 aim adjustments over the flight path, you still ear your pay and the hit.

Since I run defensively naked, I have no one to blame but myself. Sometimes that's a friggen hard pill to swallow too.

I hate dying to my own tactics because I should have known better.

Edited by Kjudoon, 10 March 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#630 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 10 March 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Perhaps get closer than 800m, and you may well hit something with your LRMS. Hiding from cover not being able to be targetted in return while spotters give you locks, NARC gives you unbreakable locks is not enough for you?

LRMs need to have counters like ECM & target delay, though even these are coutnered by LOS/TAG and being close to enemies when you fire LRMs (2-400m).

Maybe its time to get some DF counters like sight obscuring smoke generators, laser dispersing and electrically grounding fog and filaments. Mylar chaff to bounce lasers into prismatic clouds of harmless light and blind night and heat vision

Since lore isn't strictly followed, how about it or is weapon degradation only for unpopular weapons?

#631 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 10 March 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Maybe its time to get some DF counters like sight obscuring smoke generators, laser dispersing and electrically grounding fog and filaments. Mylar chaff to bounce lasers into prismatic clouds of harmless light and blind night and heat vision

If PGI would give me Blue Shield, I'd be happy to use it...

#632 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 10 March 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Since lore isn't strictly followed, how about it or is weapon degradation only for unpopular weapons?

Thats been suggested before and i dont mind the idea at all. If they have artillery/airstrikes, they could add smoke/ chaff etc as alternative modules for these 2 consumbale spaces.

#633 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

I'm not talking modules. I'm talking mountable, hardpoint assets. You want a smoke generator, take a weapon hardpoint or at least critical slots. Chaff launcher, just like AMS or ECM, you use the hardpoint. It controls them much better.

#634 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 March 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

I'm not talking modules. I'm talking mountable, hardpoint assets. You want a smoke generator, take a weapon hardpoint or at least critical slots. Chaff launcher, just like AMS or ECM, you use the hardpoint. It controls them much better.

The mental image of a Lolcust with the maximum amount of smoke generators and chaff launchers running in circles is... slightly hilarious. :D

#635 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

And if it was target box blocking because sensors couldn't see through, even more glorious. Using smoke to shape the battlefield and create confusion while hiding unit movements is a long long LONG tradition in warfare. Heck, it was even the main purpose of a Firestarter, to start fires, create smoke and overheat your opponents. Just imagine if you had the ability to spray smoke out like an AC round or Narc and give yourself concealment that blocked heat and sensor locks on Alpine Peaks, or Caustic Valley! Whole new ball game!

A lot more tactical interest in this game instantly because Mark 1 eyeballs are no longer perfect.

Edited by Kjudoon, 11 March 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#636 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:37 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 March 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

And if it was target box blocking because sensors couldn't see through, even more glorious. Using smoke to shape the battlefield and create confusion while hiding unit movements is a long long LONG tradition in warfare. Heck, it was even the main purpose of a Firestarter, to start fires, create smoke and overheat your opponents. Just imagine if you had the ability to spray smoke out like an AC round or Narc and give yourself concealment that blocked heat and sensor locks on Alpine Peaks, or Caustic Valley! Whole new ball game!

A lot more tactical interest in this game instantly because Mark 1 eyeballs are no longer perfect.

Heh. One acronym for ya. "FASCAM".

#637 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

Thunder rounds for missiles?
WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT

#638 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:18 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 March 2015 - 01:56 AM, said:

Thunder rounds for missiles?

Problem is, PGI would probably stick me with a broom for my mech and make me sweep up the pieces post-game...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users