Rewards 2.0: Add A Reward For Focused Fire.

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Focused Fire Rewards (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a ingame Reward for Focused Fire?

1. Yes, similar to how the Tag Damage reward works. (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Yes, similar to how Spotting Assists works (once per friendly mech who shoots a particular mech the same time you are) (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Yes, similar to how Flanking Bonus works (reward per engagement in which you focus fire) (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. Yes, but It should work in some other way. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Yes, but I don't care how it's implemented (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

6. No, I don't think we should have a Cbill/XP reward for focusing fire. (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

You should receive bonus based on?

1. All Friendly mechs who are shooting the target you shot last in this engaugement (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

2. Lance members who shoot the same target (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. All Friendly Mechs, but the reward is higher if those mechs are in your Lance (4 votes [14.81%])

4. The Reward should scale based on the number of Mech shooting the same target (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

5. Rewards should scale on the amount of damage you do to the target (4 votes [14.81%])

6. Reward should scale based on the amount of damage friendly mechs do to the target while you are shooting at it. (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. Killing the mech faster is it's own reward (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Should there be an adtional penalty/penalties for Friendly Fire?

1. A reward at the end of the match for friendly fire damage under a certain amount. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. A penalty based on the amount of friendly fire damage you cause (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

3. A penalty per friendly fire incident over a certain amount of damage. (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. A penalty for causing friendly component destruction (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. No, the penalty for killing a friendly is enough we don't need anything else. (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I would very much like to see added into Rewards 2.0 some kind of Cbill or XP reward to encourage players to focus their fire.

Any experienced player all know how co-operative teamwork by focusing down a single mech can make a large difference. Often the games you lose badly are because everyone spread out their damage and no one focused on the same mech to actually bring them down.

I would like to see this incentive added as a learning tool so players start to focus there efforts on working together to damage the same mech.

Personally I see this working something like the current Tag Damage rewards, where in a given engagement for as long as you remain engaged you receive a bonus based on the damage done by allies to the last mech you shot.

I'm leaving a poll here to see what other players think. Feel free to bring up other ideas in the comments, if something sounds good I'll add it to the poll.

Also, I would like to see additional penalties for friendly fire incidents, to discourage friendly players from shooting each other as currently you can entirely cripple a friendly with no c-bill penalty so long as you don't kill them.

Edited by Kreisel, 06 November 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#2 tripsangel

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA, WA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

I say no to penalizing friendly fire, i mean most of us don't go around shooting friendlies on purpose.
most of my friendly fire accidents are due to people unexpectedly moving in front of me while I'm firing, and I've seen ac/20's take out friendlies who have jumped in front of the mech with aforementioned weapon and blown up...
or I've seen somebody fire large lasers and because the duration is so long accidentally hit people in the back as they went for cover or something.

So penalizing it further is not an answer, though I agree that players that purposely cripple allied mechs should be penalized, so maybe if they did the majority of the damage to that part they can be penalized?

As for focused fire, i would love that, i keep playing with people solo que that just keep firing at different targets, when there is a person in front of them that should be a priority.

#3 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

Can't penalise friendly fire. With 12 mechs all in a death ball and with different ping some FF is unavoidable. But yes, reward focus fire (just a little).

#4 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

View Posttripsangel, on 04 November 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

I say no to penalizing friendly fire, i mean most of us don't go around shooting friendlies on purpose.
most of my friendly fire accidents are due to people unexpectedly moving in front of me while I'm firing, and I've seen ac/20's take out friendlies who have jumped in front of the mech with aforementioned weapon and blown up...
or I've seen somebody fire large lasers and because the duration is so long accidentally hit people in the back as they went for cover or something.

So penalizing it further is not an answer, though I agree that players that purposely cripple allied mechs should be penalized, so maybe if they did the majority of the damage to that part they can be penalized?

As for focused fire, i would love that, i keep playing with people solo que that just keep firing at different targets, when there is a person in front of them that should be a priority.

I suppose I should have been more clear about my suggestion to penalize Friendly fire "after a certain amount of damage." If you do it on a 'per incident' event, you can make it so that you only take a penalty if say you do a full 3 points of damage to a friendly in one second. Which would mean a single Stray SRM or a few stray LRM's wouldn't trigger it, it would also mean that even with 2 Large lasers you wouldn't get the penalty if someone walks into your laser beam and you moved the beam away from them. Yes you would get the penalty if you just LEFT the laser on your ally for it's full duration, but at that point it kind of Is your fault for not adjusting your ongoing laser now that a friendly is standing in it (even if it was his own dumb fault for walking into it in the 1st place. It would mean that you take a penalty for intentionally attacking allies though, or if you did a massive amount of damage to them at once like an AC20 round. I would personally still keep the penalty almost inconsequentially small, like the equivalent of loss of one tick of your lance in formation bonus PER incident. Mostly I want it to pop up as a visual reminder... this is bad, be more careful about your arm. Not enough to be a big deal, unless you just keep hammering a ally shot after shot, i.e if you are team killing.

It would encourage people to crowd each other enough to get shot by friendly mechs less as well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users