Ice Ferret Is Doa

417 replies to this topic

#1 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

That's right, I said it! This 45 ton [redacted] will never see true completive play. Never! Now I wasn't expecting this thing to be a game changer but damn, its about worthless. I know, I know. Someone will post a pic of 1000 damage but anyone can do that in a pug. We are strictly talking about competitive matches and the fact that the Clans have no good SCOUT mechs. the difference between the Kitfox and Ice Ferret. 1- The Kitfox is about 40kph slower than the Ferret but can bring nearly double the firepower, equip ECM and JJ's. All of that wrapped into a 30 ton mech. I am NOT saying the Kitfox is the uber OP machine ruling the lights. What I am getting at is that the Ferret is 15 tons heavier but brings way less firepower. What it boils down to is that that 15 extra tons for the Ferret is basically all engine to get that 140+kph speed. In my mind, trading off 15 tons for speed and having half the firepower and no JJ's is stupid. 2- PGI made another Clan mech to where one whole side of the mech is unusable. WTH were you guys thinking?? This literally means that almost ANY Inner Sphere mech will crush you if you are found scouting alone or with another Ferret. Its sad because when CW starts, the Clans will have no viable lights to scout. Stormcrows will be the scouts for the Clans and they only run 104k. People were complaining that Clans were pay to win. Well, the first mech for the Clan Wave 2 is pay to lose. [redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 06 November 2014 - 11:14 PM.
language

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

I haven't yet gotten the chance to play the patch, but I think "dead" is an exaggeration. It almost certainly won't live up to the amazingness of the Doomcrow, or perhaps even the Shadow Hawk or Griffin, but that doesn't make it the end of the world. With a few minutes in Smurfys, it seems to have decent potential with boating tonnage-efficient energy weapons and maybe using a few SRMs on the side. Hardly a gamechanger or meta, but probably far from the worst medium as well.

Edited by FupDup, 04 November 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#3 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

I lost any will to care when you compared the kitfox to the ice ferret.

the ice ferret is a light with medium armor. Use it like that.

#4 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

Oh noes..........my mech doesn't have double the firepower of my enemy, it's busted!!!!!!

#5 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

A better comparison is to the Stormcrow since they are in the weight class together.
Stormcrow:
More fire power
much slower
more durable
wonky hitboxes meaning its easy for it to spread damage.

#6 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

h, m comparing it to the kitfox because it is the only light the Clans have right now and the Ferret runs 40k faster. The clans need a scout badly and neither of these fit the roll. And Walluh,if you actually read and tried to understand what I was saying; instead o Trollling, you would get what I was saying.

Again, you have 4 people trolling and missing the point. The point is that the Clans have no good scouts compared to the IS. When CW comes, Clanners can NOT use IS mechs. So that leaves us with the Kitfox and the Ferret. Actually THINK and READ what I was trying to say instead of trolling and saying Oh NOes and other immature crap. Good God, grow up and say something constructive for once.

I get that Brody and I agree with you. Clans just have no good scouts. I guess that I should have made it more clear what I was trying to say.

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostDevilsfury, on 04 November 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

--

--The point is that the Clans have no good scouts compared to the IS. --

The Inner Sphere doesn't have scouts either. It has skirmishers, but not scouts.

#8 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'm sure he understood it fine, just like I did, you're whining about a mech that's been in the game all of maybe 4 or 5 hours, claiming it's DOA because it doesn't carry as much firepower as another mech (that incidentally carries more firepower than most any light in the game) and moves faster.

Basically, you're whining because you didn't get to have your cake and eat it too.........

#9 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'm pretty positive I'll never grow up to be a high-level competitive player... I just can't bring myself to view the world in such an all or none perspective. <_<

​I find the whole "bring the biggest gun to the knife-fight" boring as hell and will gladly work harder to achieve similar result with a non min/maxed chassis...

Hell, halve the fun for me is figuring out how to maximize these meta'turds! :P

Edited by DaZur, 04 November 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#10 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

View PostDevilsfury, on 04 November 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

h, m comparing it to the kitfox because it is the only light the Clans have right now and the Ferret runs 40k faster. The clans need a scout badly and neither of these fit the roll. And Walluh,if you actually read and tried to understand what I was saying; instead o Trollling, you would get what I was saying.

Again, you have 4 people trolling and missing the point. The point is that the Clans have no good scouts compared to the IS. When CW comes, Clanners can NOT use IS mechs. So that leaves us with the Kitfox and the Ferret. Actually THINK and READ what I was trying to say instead of trolling and saying Oh NOes and other immature crap. Good God, grow up and say something constructive for once.

I get that Brody and I agree with you. Clans just have no good scouts. I guess that I should have made it more clear what I was trying to say.

I'm not going to weigh in about how good the Ice Ferret will be, but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're "trolling".

#11 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts

I'm not trolling. It's not meant to flail firepower around. It's a light scout, with more durability.

#12 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

Wrong. Look at it this way. I guarantee that the Ferret can not win in a fight versus any IS light. A Jenner and Ember will kill it and not break a sweat. No one really uses Spiders or Ravens much in competitive play. So we are stuck with a mid 90's kph scout compared to a 142-171k from he IS. And not only did I mention firepower, I said no ECM and no Jump Jets. You need to have at least 1 out of the three and the Ferret has none. So that still leaves you will the slow kitfox.

#13 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

It has nearly the speed of an IS light, with the armor of a 45 ton medium and clan weapons (hardpoints are a little bit limited but not too bad.

So what's the problem?

#14 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostDevilsfury, on 04 November 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

"THIS JUST IN THE ADDER IS NO LONGER A CLAN LIGHT!!!"
Compair it to the adder, and its looks great, fast manuerable and good torso twist,
run and gun mech, just because its a medium doesnt mean you can think you TANK with it,
its a scout hit and run mech, not a "im ganna stand infornt of a IS/Clan Medium and stand a chance,

#15 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

Max armor, 5 C-MPL looks viable.

#16 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

Bring your Ferret to a private match with me and Ill bring a Jenner or Ember. The loser DELETES their account? Want to do it?? Ill step up.
Bishop Steiner

Edited by Devilsfury, 04 November 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#17 CheeseyPeas

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 64 posts
  • LocationBlack Country, England

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

Sounds like someone got trashed in his new robot and is butthurt.

#18 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

30+kph and 100 extra armor over ECM or jumpjets isn't exactly a terrible deal. It's a speedy clan mech, which is something clans did not have before.

#19 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

I didn't get trashed, its just crap. No matter how much you polish a ****, its still a ****. :D

#20 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostAssaultPig, on 04 November 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

It has nearly the speed of an IS light, with the armor of a 45 ton medium and clan weapons (hardpoints are a little bit limited but not too bad.

So what's the problem?

well simply its the size of a medium. Imagine if a shadow hawk could run at 140 KPH. sounds good, but it has such limited hard points it can only mount one hard hitting weapon. The size of the mech is a problem

Most clanners would prefer to bring a stormcrow. It is too big for what the role it is trying to imply.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users