417 replies to this topic

#21 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostDevilsfury, on 04 November 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Wrong. Look at it this way. I guarantee that the Ferret can not win in a fight versus any IS light. A Jenner and Ember will kill it and not break a sweat.

Well, this I can contest. The ferret will do just fine for itself if you include even one of the bigger Clan streak launchers.

Also, isn't this whole thread a bit premature? Mastering a mech makes a huge difference, the thing has only been available for less than a day at this point.

The sky is not falling. Have a bit of patience. I'd rather wait for a while and gather more data before making definitive judgements.

Edited by Elkfire, 04 November 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#22 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

I agree but was expecting it to be more scouty I guess. :angry:

#23 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

It looks like a fridge on legs and that's already enough to justify buying it imo

#24 DasaDevil

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

View PostDevilsfury, on 04 November 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Bring your Ferret to a private match with me and Ill bring a Jenner or Ember. The loser DELETES their account? Want to do it?? Ill step up.
Bishop Steiner

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82818205af17d54

So how do you plan to deal with that without ECM?

#25 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

It IS scouty. And if you boat streak SRMs on it, bam, you now have a light hunter no light can ever escape.

#26 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostWalluh, on 04 November 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

I'm not trolling. It's not meant to flail firepower around. It's a light scout, with more durability.

Anything moving 140+ kp/h is a scout. Now the question is firepower, durability, and mobility. This doesn't seem too bad: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cd1e1abfd84dd80

#27 Riverboat Sam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 209 posts

What surprises me is that you expected anything more. In the first Clan pack only half the mech were any good. Why did you expect more form the second? It was also pretty clear from the demo videos that Phil did that it was a POS. His opponents had to work hard to appear as if they were actually putting up a fight.

We still have the Kitfox, Stormcrow, Mad Dog, Timberwolf and Direwolf. Five usable mechs out of nine chassis is still a better rate of return than the folks who bought the IS mech packages got.

Edited by Riverboat Sam, 04 November 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#28 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostKain Thul, on 04 November 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

Max armor, 5 C-MPL looks viable.

It doesn't have 5 E hardpoints, nor can it fit 10 tons of weapons without stripping significant armour.

View PostDasaDevil, on 04 November 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

The question is...will you be able to kill it with 200 missiles?

I'd drop a launcher for another few lasers.

#29 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Bring your Ferret to a private match with me and Ill bring a Jenner or Ember. The loser DELETES their account? Want to do it?? Ill step up.
Bishop Steiner

Much testosterone... such bravado... many brass balls. :P

#30 DasaDevil

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 November 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

The question is...will you be able to kill it with 200 missiles?

I'd drop a launcher for another few lasers.

Oh I was just pointing out that for 1v1. I highly doubt any Jenner or Firestarter can take 200 SRM missiles. Worse comes to, you can dump the small laser I put on it and push up to 250 missiles, but that's really starting to push it.

#31 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

View PostDevilsfury, on 04 November 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

That's right, I said it! This 45 ton POS will never see true completive play. Never! Now I wasn't expecting this thing to be a game changer but damn, its about worthless. I know, I know. Someone will post a pic of 1000 damage but anyone can do that in a pug. We are strictly talking about competitive matches. Lets look a the difference between the Kitfox and Ice Ferret. 1- The Kitfox is about 40kph slower than the Ferret but can bring nearly double the firepower, equip ECM and JJ's. All of that wrapped into a 30 ton mech. I am NOT saying the Kitfox is the uber OP machine ruling the lights. What I am getting at is that the Ferret is 15 tons heavier but brings way less firepower. What it boils down to is that that 15 extra tons for the Ferret is basically all engine to get that 140+kph speed. In my mind, trading off 15 tons for speed and having half the firepower and no JJ's is stupid. 2- PGI made another Clan mech to where one whole side of the mech is unusable. WTH were you guys thinking?? This literally means that almost ANY Inner Sphere mech will crush you if you are found scouting alone or with another Ferret. Its sad because when CW starts, the Clans will have no viable lights to scout. Stormcrows will be the scouts for the Clans and they only run 104k. People were complaining that Clans were pay to win. Well, the first mech for the Clan Wave 2 is pay to lose. What a utterly worthless POS.

Dude, I'm not bashing you here, but can you clarify why you think it's DOA?

Here's an example. The Summoner is an "iffy" mech, at best. It's got issues with the hardpoints...not only the limit but the type and location. And it's HOT. I don't know if it doesn't mount the full amount in the engine, but it's hard to keep cool. It's pretty nimble...much more maneuverable than the TW. The JJ tweaks didn't hurt it any, either. But, it's NOT a "new player" friendly mech to put together.

See what I mean? I'm curious if it'll be worth the cbills, since I don't waste money on anything but premium time.

#32 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

My IFR-A is just plain hasn't arrived. The other two did and a have the extra mech bay but no IFR-A. time to send a support ticket!

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

Bishop Steiner

Lol.

Yup, use a non dueller against a dueller to prove a point. And that demonstrates where you fail. Trying to make all mechs fit into a wannabe comp dueller build.

Keep stroking your epeen. Call me skeered, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I don't even own a Clan Mech, let alone the Ice Ferret,so kinda hard to use one, and nope no reason to delete an account even if I was juvenile enough to give a crap about your opinion.

I actually am here to just troll your QQ, Mighty Ubercomp warrior.

Need a fresh bottle? Diaper change? Keeeeeeeeep Crying.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 November 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#34 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostVezm, on 04 November 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

My IFR-A is just plain hasn't arrived. The other two did and a have the extra mech bay but no IFR-A. time to send a support ticket!

Happened with my mad dogs, give it a few hours and it SHOULD pop up

#35 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostDasaDevil, on 04 November 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Even if the enemy has ECM the active probe can now counter it at effectively the entire range of streaks.

#36 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

I've been doing quite well in it. Who knows?

#37 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

the OP is right, its a terrible, terrible mech - because jamming a 360 engine into a 45 ton mech is the height of lunacy, and we cannot change it.

its like a jenner, but bigger and (slightly) slower with less firepower.. in pug games bringing it is dumb when you could bring an IS light or a stormcrow instead, and in CW its DOA because the Kitfox is empirically better, and weighs 15 less tons allowing you to bring heavier other mechs.

Its awful, and literally its only redeeming feature right now is its the fastest clan mech.. but running about like a headless chicken does not make a good mech.

This thing is gonna need some HENCH quirks to make it viable..

#38 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostChrona, on 04 November 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Happened with my mad dogs, give it a few hours and it SHOULD pop up

Sweet as. Cheers.

Now it's time to see what I can do with this thing. I bought it for lore and lols.

#39 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

The clans don't need a scout to be honest. everything below an assault can run +80kph. They aren't slow, and all their weapons come with an extended range. to be completely honest its just a useless mech. Its not that it can't bring a lot of weapons like other clan mechs, problem is it is filling a role it can't properly fill

Its the size of a medium with the speed of a light and carrying the weapons of a light.
It should be the size of a firestarter and a light. Then boom! it would be useful, its just way to ******* fat to justify using it over other clan mediums. Its like a light stuck in a medium's body.

#40 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostVezm, on 04 November 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sweet as. Cheers.

Now it's time to see what I can do with this thing. I bought it for lore and lols.

Have fun with the 140kph Fridge, it's a nasty little thing if you cram it full of short range missiles. I'm off to bed, try not to kill each other while arguing and debating over the poor little ferret

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users