#361 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

Role warfare.

Make the UAV and strikes a "Battlefield Support "module. Have it where only Light mechs can carry those modules.

Now light mechs have some additional unique roles. Give some people a reason to pilot lights and will raise the light queue a bit. Also, since less people pilot lights, and only lights can carry strikes, there will be less strikes per match.

#362 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 November 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

But that's how Arty Works.

Call
Fire
Adjust (The missing element of Artillery fire)
Fire
Splash! (ie On target)
FIRE FOR EFFECT!!! B)

Now that would make the game boring I know, but a 12 salvo Arty barrage is way weaker than it could be. ;)

I dont like this system at all.. It requires no skill.

#363 Star Witch Esperanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:40 AM

the less randomness the better in competetive games really.

#364 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:59 AM

View Postaniviron, on 05 November 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Ah, got it, so the team should be spread out and moving while on a cap point? And because spreading out is such a great idea in MWO?

You can spread out and still be able to shoot at the same targets, you know that right? If your entire team is on the same cap point and it isn't the first one, they just screwed up massively. You don't need more than a few mechs in the in the box, the rest should be covering them.

#365 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 22 November 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

You can spread out and still be able to shoot at the same targets, you know that right? If your entire team is on the same cap point and it isn't the first one, they just screwed up massively. You don't need more than a few mechs in the in the box, the rest should be covering them.

Assault, not conquest.

#366 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image
Seriously, dude. The answer on how to deal with strikes are all in this stinking corpse of a thread.

#367 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:25 AM

TBH i think they need a nerf in c-bill cost.

and make them not able to headshot. that would be about it

#368 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:25 AM

Sure, I've been killed by arty/airstrike a few times, but that's when I'm already cored.
If it wasn't for the red smoke that tells the enemy to get out of the way you might have had a point.

Edit: Damn necromancers!

Edited by Yellonet, 08 October 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#369 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

11 mechs being killed by 3 with 3 arties is HILARIOUS and a bit of a l2p issue.

Having said that, Arties could use a nerf, just to stop them headshotting fresh mechs. Id say reduce damage per shell to 25, increase number of shells by 25% to keep overall dmg in the same rough area. RNG headshot kills are a bad mechanic (do not care about realism here. gameplay > all). Id also double the global cooldown to reduce the spam.

It would also be really cool if Clan arty strikes changed graphics (keep identical mechanics) so that it looked like an orbital laser cannon bombardment instead, just because coolness and faction flavour.

#370 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:52 AM

View Postaniviron, on 05 November 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Ah, got it, so the team should be spread out and moving while on a cap point? And because spreading out is such a great idea in MWO?

I mean, even trying to basecap in assault is a terrible idea. Every single team that tries just gets 3-4 strikes rained on them, ggclothes.

It's also a super awful system for lights and mediums. In fact, I just alt-f4'd out of a match because I was moving around the back of my team at 90kph, not clustered, moving quickly, and a random shell from the line of an airstrike drops down and takes off one arm and puts both legs into deep orange. Game over, no warning, done. I left because that's not fun, that's awful gameplay.

You got nailed while sitting on a cap point you say? Let me point you to this...

Post.
An.
Overwatch.

Thanks

#371 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Worst case scenario you got like 12 arty strikes being brought to the game, and I can see how that can get pretty ridiculous. On the other hand, I like having an area of effect weapon in the game, it is pretty rare to have 12 arties per game by one team anyways. Maybe reducing the damage by 5 or raising the arty cooldown by 5 seconds might help, it wouldn't stop me from bringing them but it would make them less spammy/punishing/irritating ect.

Edited by PalmaRoma, 08 October 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#372 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostWolf Kiarsen, on 08 October 2015 - 03:14 AM, said:

Agree with them being nerfed. Gives fast mechs even more advantage over slow ones. Its bad enough that my dire is a target for lights, but smoke or no, im not getting away from a hit anyway,..too slow. They are being used on one target most of the time. had a shadow cat run straight at me, missed his weapon fire, I made a few hits on him, but while in the air,..he drops arty on me,...tried to move away,..and then, with no damage yet, full armor, one of the rounds gets a head shot and im dead. This dude was just running and jumping crazy and couldn't hit the side of a barn, (or a dire, same thing) and he kills me with arty? As far as encouraging mobility,..well dying already does that. I suggest no head shots for arty, it cheapens the game play.

I manage to lumber out of the way of arty all the time in a 53 KPH Atlas, and if they are dropping arty on single targets, they are doing it wrong anyway. You certainly don't nerf something because someone got lucky once.

#373 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,704 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

View Postgrievoussmaug, on 05 November 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

TL;DR: Nerf arty and air strikes to 15-20 damage per shot and significantly increase cost per module. these are designed to soften up targets, not kill them.

so. arty and air strikes are obviously quite overpowered. they can kill a fully armored mech, and, when your team drops 2 consecutively, can kill your whole team. this consumable shouldnt have that kind of power. i was in a match where there was 11 of us left and 3 enemies left. they dropped 3 artys consecutively while we were grouped up and killed all 11 of us. these consumables need to be nerfed to either 15 points, 20 MAX per round and tripled in price. people shouldnt have the ability to kill a whole team with 3 of these modules nor should they need to rely on them to win. its a support item. its supposed to soften up mechs, not kill them. now i can understand if a mech is stripped of armor and gets destroyed by one, but when im in a fully armored atlas and get hit in the head by 2 of the shots and i get killed, that is unnacceptable.

Seriously just stop😭

#374 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users