Stock Voip, Why Not ?

General

225 replies to this topic

#221 conan the snowmarian

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:32 AM

let mud have his word. way to much sync drop in the solo que. pugs get slaughtered unless they can be all on the same page.

#222 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

View Postconan the snowmarian, on 13 November 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

let mud have his word. way to much sync drop in the solo que. pugs get slaughtered unless they can be all on the same page.

wtf? sync dropping in solo? I don't think ive ever seen this

#223 conan the snowmarian

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 09 November 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

No one wants you to give up any of that. But give those who want the option the chance to use it.

It will not harm group players and in fact has nothing to do with group players but it seems they are the most resistant to something that has no impact on them.

Why is that? Makes one wonder..

View PostLordBraxton, on 13 November 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

wtf? sync dropping in solo? I don't think ive ever seen this

this is what...

#224 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 11 November 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

I don't get how people still respond to this guy. He's got some crazy issue where a pre made touched him in a very personal place and it's never gonna change. Just put him on ignore like anyone you know exactly what they are going to say, like Heffay. Once you remove the lunatic fringe the forums don't seem so bad. ;)

Yeah you are right RG, he seemed reasonable a few posts ago-then went back to group bashing.......I dunno what the issue is but it's huge one :(

Conan, I have only ever seen two guys from the same unit on the same team maybe 4 times since the patch and all of them can't be "syncing"
Now if you could present screenshots of at least 4 guys+ on same team on a regular basis maybe something could be done BUT bear in mind:
People in units don't always group drop-sometimes we too want same type of play you do and do a few solo. Now factor in your unit might have say, 5 others doing the same with match making wait times of 3-5 min windows-occasionally it'll happen where you are in same match. It's not intentional.

What next, ban unit players from solo queue? This has to stop somewhere....

Edited by kamiko kross, 13 November 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#225 conan the snowmarian

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

im not trying to start a hassle. played a solo que match earlier in the day with three guys that where from the same faction, they completely dominated and destroyed the field. voip would give the chance for the people that like to play us pugs to have a more of a fighting chance.

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 November 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

And I predict that CW is going to be a disaster without in game voip. How on earth will you coordinate random players, each with 4 mechs in their "drop deck", as to who drops in which mech when, and where they move to, and which mech they "respawn" in once their first mech is down, etc, etc. Or are you unit guys just planning on ALWAYS dropping with 12 of your unit members so you don't have to worry about it? What if you drop with 4? Or even 6? You going to speed type a paragraph of "plans" at the start of the drop sequence?

I also think in game voip could "possibly" open up the game more for PGI, and maybe, if implemented properly, they could modify the solo/group drop Q's altogether. Like maybe instead of solo/group Q's, they have a "competitive" and "non-competitive" Q, or just one Q only, with much more ELO diversity to maybe be able to properly match players? Then maybe EVERYONE's matches would get better? And I'm just throwing that out there, as a possible game-changing improvement that "could" be possible, if they do implement voip.

And how much firestorm did PGI have to endure over 3PV? They implemented it anyway. It took up "dev time". And how often do you actually SEE someone use it now? I don't think I ever see anyone using it (which is ok by me).

I think if they build a proper voip, people will use it. And I think the longer it's in game, the more people will use it. Of course there will be children. There always are in any online game. Mute them. Pretty simple really. Mute them and move on. Playing your game based on what the "children" will do is a big mistake. Don't give them that power over you. I am also quite sure, that there is a small group of PGI haters that will do anything to destroy this game. I'm sure those few will be out in force, in their new troll accounts, to troll through the new voip system if it DOES get implemented. And I say ignore them. They will get banned or bored soon enough and move on elsewhere.

I'm asking you to think about the possible positives. Not just wallow around in the self indulgent "negatives" of "Ah, gee, then I'll have to change the way that I play. And I don't want that."

and im going to agree with OldOrgandonor's comment,

#226 CatintheHat

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 08 November 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

And I predict that CW is going to be a disaster without in game voip. How on earth will you coordinate random players, each with 4 mechs in their "drop deck", as to who drops in which mech when, and where they move to, and which mech they "respawn" in once their first mech is down, etc, etc. Or are you unit guys just planning on ALWAYS dropping with 12 of your unit members so you don't have to worry about it? What if you drop with 4? Or even 6? You going to speed type a paragraph of "plans" at the start of the drop sequence?

I also think in game voip could "possibly" open up the game more for PGI, and maybe, if implemented properly, they could modify the solo/group drop Q's altogether. Like maybe instead of solo/group Q's, they have a "competitive" and "non-competitive" Q, or just one Q only, with much more ELO diversity to maybe be able to properly match players? Then maybe EVERYONE's matches would get better? And I'm just throwing that out there, as a possible game-changing improvement that "could" be possible, if they do implement voip.

And how much firestorm did PGI have to endure over 3PV? They implemented it anyway. It took up "dev time". And how often do you actually SEE someone use it now? I don't think I ever see anyone using it (which is ok by me).

I think if they build a proper voip, people will use it. And I think the longer it's in game, the more people will use it. Of course there will be children. There always are in any online game. Mute them. Pretty simple really. Mute them and move on. Playing your game based on what the "children" will do is a big mistake. Don't give them that power over you. I am also quite sure, that there is a small group of PGI haters that will do anything to destroy this game. I'm sure those few will be out in force, in their new troll accounts, to troll through the new voip system if it DOES get implemented. And I say ignore them. They will get banned or bored soon enough and move on elsewhere.

I'm asking you to think about the possible positives. Not just wallow around in the self indulgent "negatives" of "Ah, gee, then I'll have to change the way that I play. And I don't want that."

+1

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook