• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:32 AM

View PostDavers, on 05 November 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

It is in the backlog... somewhere.

Some people think that being able to effectively communicate with other players will make the game more enjoyable, but as Douglas Adams wrote about the Babel Fish- [color=#252525] "Meanwhile the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different cultures and races, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation."[/color]

however get with the right bunch of players and 6 hours go by in an eye blink.

#22 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 November 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

The XP farmers have been fighting Voip being implemented since day one. They have lots of excuses but we can look past the smokescreen to understand why. Communications are paramount in any military engagement and as a rule those with the best commo wins.

Lets skip the bull and the stupid command wheel Ideas and move onto whats been in online games since 99'

Russ and his crew said it was in the pipeline in January. No mention made since. Sure would like to know if its still being worked on or if he has abandoned it. I have cash I want to spend here but wont until then. Just little bits of MC to justify my playtime till then and if it goes on much longer you get nothing Russ. Love the game but hate the execution to kiss the whales and NGNG arse over the new nickel players. Leaning curve is way to steep and the dozens I got to join have all left because of it. Wake up please. Sometimes during any 24hr period the server is dead. See the same faces every match.

Oh! Look, it is tinfoilhatwarrior!

The reality is far less sensationalist than you make out. I, honestly, do not want voice comms in game because:

1.) I have no desire to hear 'tards calling everyone homosexuals

2.) I have no desire to hear bads curse everyone because they were stupid and did not follow group

3.) I have no desire to argue over decisions over comms

4.) I do not play solo queue

5.) You would never get me or the 50%+ on private voice comms off of teamspeak anyway, so we would turn it off and negate the entire purpose.

If you want voice comms, there are servers hosted that allow you to drop there for free. Like comstar, and others.

GGclose in game voip.

Edited by Gyrok, 06 November 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#23 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostGyrok, on 06 November 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

Oh! Look, it is tinfoilhatwarrior!

The reality is far less sensationalist than you make out. I, honestly, do not want voice comms in game because:

1.) I have no desire to hear 'tards calling everyone homosexuals

2.) I have no desire to hear bads curse everyone because they were stupid and did not follow group

3.) I have no desire to argue over decisions over comms

4.) I do not play solo queue

5.) You would never get me or the 50%+ on private voice comms off of teamspeak anyway, so we would turn it off and negate the entire purpose.

If you want voice comms, there are servers hosted that allow you to drop there for free. Like comstar, and others.

GGclose in game voip.

Except I have seen you many times in solo with your buds. If you stay where you say your happy it should be no bother to you.

Like I said the only ones who have a problem with in game voip are the farmers. Just lame excuses over and over why we should not have it.

#24 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:51 AM

Mute mute mute.
Even iRacing, a racing sim, has VOIP with complete mute controls or you can just turn off chat completely.

The player who doesn't want to hear swearing, kids or food munching, should have nothing to worry about because VOIP should be implemented with mute functionality.

Edited by CygnusX7, 06 November 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#25 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostCatintheHat, on 05 November 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I never understood why this game didn't have a stock standard, everyone can use, easy to access, doesnt require additional installing, everyone has it, in game VOIP from the start.

I have just returned from a little bit of a break and still nothing.

It's good and dandy for group players to use external VOIP but how do you expect to effectively communicate with other players in your team.

It makes the game rather dull. So much can be added to atmosphere with ingame VOIP.

It doesnt make any sense that such sophisticated equipment like Mechs don't include a two way radio. Give me a fricken jam tin and a string.

I still wouldn't use it.

The unfortunate thing about VOIP in PUGs is you have to deal with all kinds of losers. I mean I am absolutely sure no one wants to deal with me over the airwaves when I go on a rant against my idiots teams and I sure don't want to deal with other people doing the same thing. Basically text is easy to ignore, a voice screaming in your ear isn't.

I still remember the day I enabled VOIP in DDO. One of my first group we had this whinny kid in our group, I mean he had a voice right out of south park episode that was worse than nails on a chalkboard. He immediately tried to take control of the group, dictating how we should go about the encounter and when we didn't follow his exact orders he would screech at us and the more we didn't listen, the more shrill he got to the point everyone else in the group started screaming at him to shut up. This of course only made it worse so I ended up quitting right 3/4 of the way through the encounter, foregoing the completion reward I had already spent an hour to get.

Never want to go through that experience again.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 06 November 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 November 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

The XP farmers have been fighting Voip being implemented since day one. They have lots of excuses but we can look past the smokescreen to understand why. Communications are paramount in any military engagement and as a rule those with the best commo wins.

Lets skip the bull and the stupid command wheel Ideas and move onto whats been in online games since 99'

Russ and his crew said it was in the pipeline in January. No mention made since. Sure would like to know if its still being worked on or if he has abandoned it. I have cash I want to spend here but wont until then. Just little bits of MC to justify my playtime till then and if it goes on much longer you get nothing Russ. Love the game but hate the execution to kiss the whales and NGNG arse over the new nickel players. Leaning curve is way to steep and the dozens I got to join have all left because of it. Wake up please. Sometimes during any 24hr period the server is dead. See the same faces every match.

Funny thing is teams would not be against Comms. In fact maost teams say if you want to have comms download TS3 and go to NG:NG or similar server. I have not once had a bad experience on comms. Not saying they don't happen, just they have yet to surface when I have used various TS3 servers.

Would tha game be improved by a good comm system? Immensely! Can it be worked around? Yes. Will some players still refuse to use communication? Sure, for various reasons.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 November 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Except I have seen you many times in solo with your buds. If you stay where you say your happy it should be no bother to you.

Like I said the only ones who have a problem with in game voip are the farmers. Just lame excuses over and over why we should not have it.

ACtually Gyrok has a point. I read a lot of whine in chat. I can imagine having to mute Sir Criesalot cause, his Skillz are so much moar than us still fighting... :rolleyes:

#27 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostGumbyC2C, on 06 November 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

Integrated VOIP has been pretty well standard in team based multiplayer PC games for around 15 years. Some implementations have been better than others. BF2/BF2142 had the most sophisticated that I personally saw and I loved it. That it was missing from BF3 was a major turn off for me on that game. I don't think MWO needs that but it could work well with the Company commander/Lance Commander mechanic. The Valve Source engine games had/have a pretty simple implementation that works really well. You just need a talk button that can be mapped and a simple way to mute the few abusers that will inevitably show up.

How many people use the in-game on those games vs using TS/Mumble/Vent?

#28 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

because nobody want to have VOIP.
I not wanna hear anyone talking to me while i playing, typing is still acceptable.

#29 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostAbisha, on 06 November 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

because nobody want to have VOIP.
I not wanna hear anyone talking to me while i playing, typing is still acceptable.

See this here is what is called a faulty generalization.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 November 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#30 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 November 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

You are flat out lying.

I have not been in solo queue in months, and have only done it like 3 or 4 times since they split the queues. When I say 3 or 4 times I mean that many matches, period. I cannot stand the solo queue, no one understands strategy. I know it is a huge word the likes of your kind cannot fathom the meaning of, but seriously. I get dragged down with mouth breathers to balance things out, and no thank you.

This day and age if you see me, it is in group queue helming an 8 man or more. I do not even bother with small groups because 4 or 5 cannot carry 7 or 8 bads. I am tired of doing 600+ damage and racking up 3-4 kills, most of those solo, and then losing because of inane players.

You should watch where you throw accusations, as you are sorely off the mark. I really should not expect much different of you though, this is typical for tinfoilhatwarrior.

Edited by Gyrok, 06 November 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#31 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 November 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

See this here is what is called a faulty generalization.

it also backfires on your case.
people who wanna have a VoIP already installed 3e party software and their are many available.
I never ever been in a match that someone stated please join at Blah blah server.

#32 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 06 November 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

1) Little kids. Don't think I need to say more about this.
2) People playing music over the mic
3) People drunk belching into the mic
4) People drunk rambling into the mic
5) People making stoner observations into the mic
6) People screaming uselessly at their teammates
7) People screaming in general
8) People raging in general

We can keep going but don't need to

Oh let me add my personal favorite

9) Lazy complete idiots who can't use push to talk.

1) Mute button.
2) Mute button.
3) Mute button.
4) Mute button.
5) Mute button.
6) Mute button.
7) Mute button.
8) Mute button.

Oh and:

9) Mute button.

#33 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostSpawnsalot, on 06 November 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

1) Mute button.
2) Mute button.
3) Mute button.
4) Mute button.
5) Mute button.
6) Mute button.
7) Mute button.
8) Mute button.

Oh and:

9) Mute button.

If everyone will have the mute button on...why have it?

#34 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostSpawnsalot, on 06 November 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

1) Mute button.
2) Mute button.
3) Mute button.
4) Mute button.
5) Mute button.
6) Mute button.
7) Mute button.
8) Mute button.

Oh and:

9) Mute button.

You forgot the mute all button, which mine would most certainly always be on. In fact it should be an option in settings to never be subjected to in-game voip.

#35 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostGyrok, on 06 November 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

You are flat out lying.

I have not been in solo queue in months, and have only done it like 3 or 4 times since they split the queues. When I say 3 or 4 times I mean that many matches, period. I cannot stand the solo queue, no one understands strategy. I know it is a huge word the likes of your kind cannot fathom the meaning of, but seriously. I get dragged down with mouth breathers to balance things out, and no thank you.

This day and age if you see me, it is in group queue helming an 8 man or more. I do not even bother with small groups because 4 or 5 cannot carry 7 or 8 bads. I am tired of doing 600+ damage and racking up 3-4 kills, most of those solo, and then losing because of inane players.

You should watch where you throw accusations, as you are sorely off the mark. I really should not expect much different of you though, this is typical for tinfoilhatwarrior.

Awesome, Your admitting you dont do solo but still dont want solo's to have voip. Method to my madness, enjoy the shame.

#36 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostAbisha, on 06 November 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

it also backfires on your case.
people who wanna have a VoIP already installed 3e party software and their are many available.
I never ever been in a match that someone stated please join at Blah blah server.

That would be because most folks with a server got shamed for recruiting. So the ball is back in your court. ;)

Don't get me wrong, the game can use built in VOiP, but there are servers in place for TS3 while we are waiting. :)

Also It does not backfire. I have not said Always, or Everyone. You however did.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 November 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#37 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

thats 1 of the reasons why MWO is a multi-single player game, still in beta.youre in a spaceship going to battle but have no idea where youll be fighting or what weapons youll need in the fight.you bring your close quaters brawler and end up on alpine or caustic.typing to your teammates is still broken since prelaunch.if you drop with a 6man in group you still have 6 teammates you cant talk to.the game is in permanent beta.just play FTP and enjoy.

if you have a voice server do you really want to give the info to someone you just met in a game,that you cant even speak to in a lobby outside of a match?one of my MWO jokes about communication is i use smoke signals in a match to talk to my team.

Edited by Gorantir, 06 November 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#38 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostBelorion, on 06 November 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

You forgot the mute all button, which mine would most certainly always be on. In fact it should be an option in settings to never be subjected to in-game voip.

Great glad we have that sorted.
Now for the rest of us that can deal with muting the one whiner every few matches it would be extremely helpful to have built in VOIP.

I do play on comms with friends when we're grouped but when I'm solo dropping it would be great to try and coordinate with voice chat.

#39 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

FlashFlame(Son, you need to go play some quake or unreal tournament and remind yourself what exactly a twitch shooter is. )

Boy all I need to do is start MWO up and it reminds me enough of what a twitch FPS shooter in mech skins is like.

Sigh So much has been lost in this IP since 1996 even Lobby's League's Role-play 1v1-12v12 matches VOIP the list goes on .
MWO is so shallow of a game I can see why PGI used to make simple fishing games they don't have the mentality to make complex games.

#40 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

View PostCatintheHat, on 05 November 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I never understood why this game didn't have a stock standard, everyone can use, easy to access, doesnt require additional installing, everyone has it, in game VOIP from the start.

I have just returned from a little bit of a break and still nothing.

It's good and dandy for group players to use external VOIP but how do you expect to effectively communicate with other players in your team.

It makes the game rather dull. So much can be added to atmosphere with ingame VOIP.

It doesnt make any sense that such sophisticated equipment like Mechs don't include a two way radio. Give me a fricken jam tin and a string.

I can tell you quite quickly and easily why PGI is reluctant to put built-in VOIP in the game. Its not because its difficult or they don't have the resources. They don't do it because of the drama it causes. We know that there are a large number of "colourful personalities" in this game who let their choice of words get away from them. There are rules around how one conducts themselves in the game -- can you imagine how hard that would be to police in a VOIP system? PGI already had to put in chat filters because of the vitriol that some people spit in this game through the relatively slow process of typing. Imagine the gushing of hate if the impediment of thinking about what you want to type was removed. For this type of thing, VOIP is not only a can of worms, but flesh-eating radioactive worms.

Edited by nehebkau, 06 November 2014 - 07:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users