#41 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 November 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

That is probably the truth, but good luck convincing the OP.

No, it doesn't have the heat sink cooling quirks anymore. It has quirks that make select weapons generate less heat. If you didn't know that, now you do. The difference is you could manage the Awesome's heat level quickly before and now it's just like every other mech, but those mechs have alot of Ballistics which allow them to manage their heat quickly.

It defies what the Quirks were stated to do, which was address the problems of each mech. Awesome problem is that it is all Energy weapons, with varying amounts of missiles. It needs better performing heatsinks than mechs with cool ballistics.

#42 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

My mechs are hotter too.... BUT only because of the energy cooldown quirks on top of cooldown modules... HOWEVER, I used to run my mechs super hot so it's fine for me...

BUT, they are better... and less hot... you're just able to push out damage more often, which amounts to more DPS which makes a mech hotter. Before, I could Wubshee alpha 3 times before I shut down. Now, I can alpha 4 times, Cool Shot and Alpha again. IF I wanted to. I can chain fire 2 groups of 1xLPL/3xMPL and 1xLPL/2xMPL over and over without overheating or needing to worry for a while.

In conclusion, everything everyone else has said.

Bye.

PS. I have no idea about Awesomesesnness but Banshee 3E capitalized on dem quirks. I haven't had a single match under 800dmg 4+ kills and dozens of 1000+ matches. 3xAC5 + 4xMPL

BEEP BEEP IMMA JEEP

Edited by Moonlander, 08 November 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#43 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

If you were ok in the Awesome before, this made you a bit better. If you are trying out the Awesome either after a long time or for the first time you will not like it anymore than before.

It made a mech some folks could do ok in better, but it did not make it smaller.

#44 psihius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRiga, Latvia

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

Runned 9M today a lot, well, weapon wise it's good now. But it is a glass canon again - torsos are gone in a flash and you get popped. Can't even hold my ground long enough at long-ranges - get into a mid to close range fight and your gone for sure. Although 9M has the speed to move and not get caught too bad. Other awesomes are not that lucky. It needs armor quirks for side torsos...

#45 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

After playing my Awesomes a bit more, I would say the structure buff should go (structure buffs a pretty useless anyways if you are running XL), and the old armor buff should be put back

#46 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

I have always wanted to love my Awesomes.... the problem is one of the old sayings still holds true in the future... with a slight twist.... "You couldn't hit the broad side of a Awesome". When you dump your load of electric plasma sperm on the enemy you expose the equivalent of a barn with a target painted on it to the enemy. Nothing you can do about it, the Awesome is fat and 90% of the people expect you to be running an XL engine so your side torso is going to get toasty before you can stroke another load onto the battle field.

#47 Flagrant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Agree. My AWS 9M was fine and better before the new quirks.

#48 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

View Postpvtjamesr, on 07 November 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Whether you think these quirks are OP or balanced, there is no possible way you can argue that they made the mechs worse.

Oh.... I would say challenge accepted but it is 06:00 in the morning here and i just spent the entire night watching Blizzcon so to be honest i am impressed i can even put together this post.

If i remember i might look in to it once i wake up.

#49 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 08 November 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Oh.... I would say challenge accepted but it is 06:00 in the morning here and i just spent the entire night watching Blizzcon so to be honest i am impressed i can even put together this post.

Were you not just totally disappointed? I've been a Blizzard fanboy for a looooong time and have spent the last 15yrs of my life playing their various game... but anymore, it just feels like too much of a job. WoW in particular isn't fun, in my opinion, unless you're in a top tier progression guild. Diablo is like such a grind fest and I never liked those, but I like the art and the storylines...

HoTS however... gief... now

Anyway, that's all I wanted to contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users