222 replies to this topic

#81 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostCmdr Hurrell, on 16 November 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Paid ECM, not cool. And frankly I'm surprised so very few people mentioned it. I dunno if this is P2Win or not, but I know it's not ok. I already paid real money for Locusts, why do I have to pay a second time to get a decent version of it?

A couple of weeks ago, before BAP was a hard counter at matched range to ECM, I would have agreed with you. If they had released a new ECM version of almost any other chassis, I would agree with you, but now ...

ECM is less dominant than it was before, and I would be surprised if anyone other than the collectors, completionists, Locust-philes, lore-masters, or masochists would have bought a 20-ton hero 'mech without it being able to do something significantly different.

Also, what Himself said ...

#82 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:57 AM

It's comforting to note that the awful popup graphics are present in the devlog map preview as well. Apparently it's not my graphics card just giving up on rendering detail.....

#83 Kyle Travis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostKain, on 17 November 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

The only thing i miss, are Inferno rounds (and burnable surroundings)!

With Lori's mech in the game we need to have Inferno rounds :)

Ahh thats a bit nasty - poor Lori - gota have this Mech tbh

#84 CimaGarahau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesternmost Germany

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:07 AM

Always fun to watch and informative as well!

#85 Storm Wind

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hey, a day is not wasted when you learn something new!
I apparently haven't studied the Heroes enough to notice the solid price. Still... At 1500MC Pirate's Bane is going to be well over the minimum amount for adding MC, which isn't a large minus but still stings as I'm trying to save a large amount of money. Also half of the amount goes to "waste", which bugs me somewhat. Well, I guess I'll do what I need to do...

#86 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

Great Vlog

Maps looks cool (F*** I said cool) hope it plays well, be great if the monster in the water was a hazard that damages, ( Can't I ask for the moon? )

The hero's look really great, I forgot this pair, I thought it might have been the Urbans but then thinking back now they were twins, whens the wolverine Hero coming though ;)

#87 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

Paid ECM, not cool. And frankly I'm surprised so very few people mentioned it. I dunno if this is P2Win or not, but I know it's not ok. I already paid real money for Locusts, why do I have to pay a second time to get a decent version of it?

Haha P2W on a locust :lol: ohh go that's so funny, even before ECM was nerfed into being next to useless.

Before anyone asks I don't use my ecm mechs (all mastered) and even before the Atlas S came out I used my founders out of choice.

#88 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

Love the look and feel of the new map, can't wait to play it!

Creepy water centipede is creepy...

#89 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

Paid ECM, not cool.

and some people paid real money for the Hellbringer Prime variant (i) is basically a hero/champion mech with ecm... no one complained then... I wonder why

#90 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

the map looks good
I wish more possible or impossible in the amount of vegetation ... Grass, which is high enough in some places a Light Mech to hide (Raptor Like JP)

the Giant Centepide does not fit to BT, since there are no abnormally large alien animals, mostly mutated animals of Terra or domestic animals not exceed 20m, thats BT not Pacifi Rim meets Pokemon
http://www.sarna.net...y:Alien_species

What have they done to the GDL camouflage and the decal
.... ugly, this is just a modified PiratenCamo

Thats the GDL Decal ...not Jolly Roger

Posted Image

Edited by CSJ Ranger, 17 November 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#91 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostCSJ Ranger, on 17 November 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

the map looks good wish more possible or impossible in the amount of vegetation ... Grass, which is high enough in some places a Light Mech to hide (Raptor Like JP)

the Giant Centepide does not fit to BT, since there are no abnormally large alien animals, mostly mutated animals of Terra or domestic animals not exceed 20m, thats BT not Pacifi Rim meets Pokemon

Well, that really depends on how you approach lore in any particular universe: Is it ok for something to be created by PGI if it isn't specifically not mentioned in other sources, or are they limited only to using things that have been discussed in authorized sources?

The latter leads to a lot of problems down the road. The former allows them to extend the universe, as long as they don't directly contradict official lore.

#92 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

Ok:)
this size is absolutely exaggerate beyond all biological realities on an Earth-like planet (Carboniferous period was 35% oxygen instead of today 21% maximum size of Cetipedes 3m, with gigantic swamp forests all over the Supercontinent)

Dinosaursized Animals=ok , bigger animals in the Oceans=Ok...300m Animals = WH40K

20m it would have made, not 300m this Centipede can only run about mechs destroy a whole Battalion, which are WH40K Biotitanen dimensions

what the next ?atmosphere flying battleships with Antigravity Generators ? Shields ?Laserbeam Swords?
BT was a realistic looking SF universe ,with Mainsight of the Mankind,not Aliens or gigatic Holovid Pacific-Rim animals

Edited by CSJ Ranger, 17 November 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#93 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostCSJ Ranger, on 17 November 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

the map looks good
I wish more possible or impossible in the amount of vegetation ... Grass, which is high enough in some places a Light Mech to hide (Raptor Like JP)

This game failed the lore purity tests day one

Edited by Kjudoon, 17 November 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#94 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostCSJ Ranger, on 17 November 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

this size is absolutely exaggerate beyond all biological realities on an Earth-like planet (Carboniferous period was 35% oxygen instead of today 21% maximum size of Cetipedes 3m, with gigantic swamp forests all over the Supercontinent)

Dinosaursized Animals=ok , bigger animals in the Oceans=Ok...300m Animals = WH40K

20m it would have made, not 300m this Centipede can only run about mechs destroy a whole Battalion, which are WH40K Biotitanen dimensions

what the next ?atmosphere flying battleships with Antigravity Generators ? Shields ?Laserbeam Swords?
BT was a realistic looking SF universe ,with Mainsight of the Mankind,not Aliens or gigatic Holovid Pacific-Rim animals

So, you have no problem with giant stompy space robots in the future, but large worms are an issue?

#95 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostKain, on 17 November 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

With Lori's mech in the game we need to have Inferno rounds :)

Lori would probably smack you for that suggestion. And then shoot you in the face. And then have her Locust stomp all over your remains. :D

#96 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostCSJ Ranger, on 17 November 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Well, the size of that dead centipede may be a _bit_ much, but Battletech _does_ have some sizeable wildlife out there. Here's a quote from Sarna regarding the periphery planet Hunter's Paradise:

"Hunter's Paradise is a unique Star League relic. While searching for mining prospects, an exploration vessel discovered a world largely devoid of mineral resources, but teeming with predatory animals, some able to overwhelm a Battlemech."

#97 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

I hope Dennis will agree to hide 1 or 2 Easter Eggs... I will probably not be the one to find any but it's always fun to read when smomeone find one and sometimes with a good one it helps promote the game since it's reported in many news sites.

#98 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostHeffay, on 17 November 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

So, you have no problem with giant stompy space robots in the future, but large worms are an issue?

ROBOTS !!!!! ??????...

#99 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostCSJ Ranger, on 17 November 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

ROBOTS !!!!! ??????...

Yes, robots. Semi-autonomous mechanical constructs in this case.

#100 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostHeffay, on 17 November 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yes, robots. Semi-autonomous mechanical constructs in this case.

Robots have no Pilots , Mechs not autonom Constructs !!!!! Mech piloting Warmaschines=Tanks with Legs
Battletech is not transformers !

Edited by CSJ Ranger, 17 November 2014 - 09:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users