Balance

186 replies to this topic

#1 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

I am so disappointed in how bad the mist lynx is. I have firestarters, ravens, jenners,and spiders mastered. I was hoping it would be similar to a spider. I think the decision to lock engine size and jump jets is terrible. It completely takes away from mech customization. The mist lynx main flaw is its arms. The arms have huge hitboxes and not enough armor. Every match I have been in, I lose the arms first, and yes I max out the armour. You also shouldnt have to give up HALF  your hard points for ECM. This mech needs to be re thought out and balanced. No one is going to buy it or play it.

The clan mechs have been nerfed too much. We need a light mech that can compete with the IS. Non of them are even close as an agressive fast scout. I am dont wasting money on the game. You preorder mechs and they give you trash.

Edited by the wr3ck, 18 November 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

so...don't ******* equip ecm?

#3 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

It is a pretty bad mech. But it's also a 25 tonner, so that's to be expected.

Not much can be done about it, though.

#4 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

I posted this in another thread already...Make better choices about what you preorder.

They post all the details of a mech before you buy it, including hardpoints. As soon as I looked at the Myst Lynx I thought, 'this mech is not good.' It's fast but the hardpoints are anemic and it has no weapons.

There's a difference between mechs you buy because you love them, and mechs you buy because you expect them to be good. For example the Panther will probably suck and the Hellbringer will probably be good, based on its hardpoints, speed, and access to jump jets and ECM.

#5 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 18 November 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

I am so disappointed in how bad the mist lynx is. I have firestarters, ravens, jenners,and spiders mastered. I was hoping it would be similar to a spider. I think the decision to lock engine size and jump jets is terrible. It completely takes away from mech customization. The mist lynx main flaw is its arms. The arms have huge hitboxes and not enough armor. Every match I have been in, I lose the arms first, and yes I max out the armour. You also shouldnt have to give up HALF your hard points for ECM. This mech needs to be re thought out and balanced. No one is going to buy it or play it.

The clan mechs have been nerfed too much. We need a light mech that can compete with the IS. Non of them are even close as an agressive fast scout. I am dont wasting money on the game. You preorder mechs and they give you trash.

#ClanMechBlues

#6 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

I think the Mist Lynx will at least be a pretty good troll mech. 3 Tons of hardwired JJ's tho... on a 25 tonner. -.-" I haff no words for this.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostWater Bear, on 18 November 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

I posted this in another thread already...Make better choices about what you preorder.

It was a pointless comment then and it's a pointless comment now.

#8 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 November 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

It was a pointless comment then and it's a pointless comment now.

If you don't like the <7 word version, then just read this. It means the same thing.

There's a difference between mechs you buy because you love them, and mechs you buy because you expect them to be good. For example the Panther will probably suck and the Hellbringer will probably be good, based on its hardpoints, speed, and access to jump jets and ECM.

Edited by Water Bear, 18 November 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#9 the wr3ck

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

They post all the details of a mech before you buy it, including hardpoints. As soon as I looked at the Myst Lynx I thought, 'this mech is not good.' It's fast but the hardpoints are anemic and it has no weapons.

They didnt say that the arms were going to break off like old legos. If you play one you will see how the arms are destroyed first. If you try to long range strike the mech is still weak because the tonnage is locked into crap and its slow. Im saying its junk because of the decisions pgi made in put the mech together not the mech itself.

#10 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

"clans need a light mech to compete with IS?"
Really? Because IS can compete against DW and Timber?
Lights are near useless without much of any role so maybe clanner could spot IS just that one class?

Clans have Storm, Timber, DW to totally own IS now already dude.

#11 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 18 November 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

They didnt say that the arms were going to break off like old legos. If you play one you will see how the arms are destroyed first. If you try to long range strike the mech is still weak because the tonnage is locked into crap and its slow. Im saying its junk because of the decisions pgi made in put the mech together not the mech itself.

It has quirks for side torso strength. Those side torsos are also pretty small. You have to pump up the arms and legs, and skimp on the side torsos. Next you need to overcome that urge to torso twist, your best bet is to JJ up and take it into the slightly more armored legs, or in the CT. Also don't stop moving.

#12 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

View Postthe wr3ck, on 18 November 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

No offense, but it's 25 tons. What did you expect?

Edit: I'll add that it's safe to consider the arms the most vulnterable parts of the torso / arm area.

Edited by Water Bear, 18 November 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#13 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

Replace the prime's arms with both of the laser ones and you'll get a rather decent mech. I run my prime with 1 LL, 2 ML, and a tag.

#14 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

I only ordered the pack for the Hellbringer's ECM and then ECM got nerfed to uselessness due to the BAP buffs so basically wasted $120. Don't even like clan mechs, but wanted the heavy with ECM. Mistakes were made. I won't be buying anymore packs.

#15 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

SAme thing happens with my kitfox. On eof the reason i stopped using it. I can't stand dropping an arm 1 minute into the game. 50% of my weapons are gone.

#16 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostRhaegor, on 18 November 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I only ordered the pack for the Hellbringer's ECM and then ECM got nerfed to uselessness due to the BAP buffs so basically wasted $120. Don't even like clan mechs, but wanted the heavy with ECM. Mistakes were made. I won't be buying anymore packs.

I see your concern. Still, the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of these threads could be avoided if people just stopped for a second and considered whether what they're about to buy will meet their expectations.

At least in your case you started out trying to get something that would meet your desires, I'm not sure what some people are thinking when they preorder weird, low tonnage designs and then complain that they're bad. Of course they're bad!

#17 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:43 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem like clan-pilots expect every clanmech to be totally inferior to the IS mechs? They will probably complaint forever if it isnt like this:
Best lights in the game: Mist Lynx, Adder and Kit-fox.
Best mediums in the game: Ice Ferret, Nova and Stormcrow
Best heavy in the game: MadDog, Summoner and Timberwolf
Best Assault in the game: Warhawk and Dire Wolf

You already have 3 of those spots. Dont expect a 25 tonner to be that good.

#18 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

God you clan mech pilots are ridiculous.

The Mist Lynx should be NO BETTER than the Commando. Do you clowns even know what a Commando is? Its a mech you see maybe once in 30 matches because without tonnage restrictions its 100% outclassed by heavier lights. It has some small niche and some small combat value as a SRM bomber but its no Firestarter or even Spider. The Mist Lynx shouldn't be superior or equal to those mechs either.

Its day one and you probably have it basic'd at best but you are declaring it DOA makes it obvious that your opinions are bad and you should feel bad for having such bad opinions.

If a week from now someone wants to compare the Mist Lynx chassis to the Commando chassis and present a factual intelligent argument for how the Mist Lynx fails to stack up I'll look forward to reading such a thread.

Threads like this are trash and only exist because PGI conditioned you people to expect pay2win mechs after Clan Pack 1 and now when you get anything less than the new SSS-TIER God-mech for your money you scream and cry like babies.

Edited by Hoax415, 18 November 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#19 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

We warned you bro, we warned you about the Mist Lynx.

#20 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostHoax415, on 18 November 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

God you clan mech pilots are ridiculous.

The Mist Lynx should be NO BETTER than the Commando. Do you clowns even know what a Commando is? Its a mech you see maybe once in 30 matches because without tonnage restrictions its 100% outclassed by heavier lights. It has some small niche and some small combat value as a SRM bomber but its no Firestarter or even Spider. The Mist Lynx shouldn't be superior or equal to those mechs either.

Its day one and you probably have it basic'd at best but you are declaring it DOA makes it obvious that your opinions are bad and you should feel bad for having such bad opinions.

If a week from now someone wants to compare the Mist Lynx chassis to the Commando chassis and present a factual intelligent argument for how the Mist Lynx fails to stack up I'll look forward to reading such a thread.

Threads like this are trash and only exist because PGI conditioned you people to expect pay2win mechs after Clan Pack 1 and now when you get anything less than the new SSS-TIER God-mech for your money you scream and cry like babies.

QFT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users