Any Canadian BT/MW TT Gaming Group out there ?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hey there everyone,

I was wondering how many Canadian we had playing BT/MW TT this summer ?

I would certainly like to play but my schedule nowadays is unfortunately very restrictve lol...

Anyway, how many Canbadian groups are actively playing this summer ?

#2 Haneken

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNiagara Falls, Ontario

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

I ran a BT TT tournament just last weekend and will be running another in August. We try to play at least once a month. Mind you this is in St. Catherines, Ontario at Pheonix Rising. So depending on where in Canada you are, we might be able to help you.

#3 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

I have run a couple games at local Ottawa gaming conventions twice this past year, one at Game Summit, and one at Cangames.

I am thinking of running another at a local store called Fandom II, It's the best locale for it, as it's centrally located and easy for people to get to via bus.

I know that Toronto actually has a pretty big Battletech gaming community, and two of the demo team members down there are very big players for the demo team at the mega-conventions of Origins and GenCon.

#4 Glasswlkr

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'm also from Ottawa, and I know Fandom II runs games every once in a while (or rather they have in the past), from what I hear they also sell minis/books there. I'm currently putting together a small group of close friends to start playing with again, it's been a LONG time since I've played TT, but I used to play excessively. But since I moved to ottawa haven't played.

Also a good number of the PGI folks are Canadian AFAIK :)

#5 Reapman

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Anyone out West? Been a huge fan since Crescent Hawks Inception on the PC got me going...

#6 Oshay

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGatineau, Québec, Terra

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

My friends and I play in the Ottawa area, just amongst ourselves. We've both played a Fandom II in the past... and ironically, I showed up for the CBT showing at Cangames last summer. It is possible I have run into you gentlemen in the past.

#7 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostReapman, on 16 July 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Anyone out West? Been a huge fan since Crescent Hawks Inception on the PC got me going...

How far West? Next game is Aug17:
http://www.trumpetersociety.com/

RAM
ELH

#8 Kythus

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

I used to play TT extensively. I still have a battalion of (badly) painted mechs. I live in Ottawa and used to run tournaments at Cangames. Been a long time.

I'd be up for the odd game day but I have kids now so its hard to find the time.

#9 Elbola Ierocis

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

The Kingston Gaming Nexus plays battletech thursday nights if you're in Kingston, Ontario area. Friday is free play night(anything goes) so there can be games had then too if you seek it out.

Edited by Elbola Ierocis, 24 July 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#10 TheeGravedigger

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBurnaby

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

I really should come out to Trumpeteers.

#11 Dimestore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVancouver (Pacific Standard Time Zone)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostTheeGravedigger, on 25 July 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

I really should come out to Trumpeteers.

Same.

Given we're in the same town as the devs there is pretty good odds a few of them are regulars, too.

#12 Reapman

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostRAM, on 20 July 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

How far West? Next game is Aug17:
http://www.trumpetersociety.com/

RAM
ELH

Sadly not that west, thinking Edmonton area... thanks tho :)

#13 Max Payne1

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAlberta+Canada

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

From edmonton area, my buds and i just finished a session this weekend! Im posting pics soon lol

#14 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostHax DB Header, on 25 July 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Given we're in the same town as the devs there is pretty good odds a few of them are regulars, too.

Yes indeed :)

RAM
ELH

#15 Massimo Deluca

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

Currently I am playing with a group in Calgary Battletech Time of War. We currently play approximately 2x a month

Here is the Obsidian Portal Link

http://www.obsidianp...rscape-campaign

Also there will be a TT league starting at the end of October here in Calgary as well

Oh off topic: I wish this game (MWO) was being developed for a Mac :D

#16 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostMassimo Deluca, on 02 August 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Oh off topic: I wish this game (MWO) was being developed for a Mac :lol:

One of my players said the same thing when he won our Solaris tournament and received his Beta Key price.

RAM
ELH

Edited by RAM, 02 August 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#17 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postice trey, on 12 July 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

I have run a couple games at local Ottawa gaming conventions twice this past year, one at Game Summit, and one at Cangames.

Hellion!

Rumours of your death at the hands of the Falcons seems to have been greaty exagerated...

It's Phad :D

View Postice trey, on 12 July 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

I am thinking of running another at a local store called Fandom II, It's the best locale for it, as it's centrally located and easy for people to get to via bus.

I'm down for a game if you're looking for players- got a few friends that would be too.

Although I finally had enough of Fandom II and- well, Randy mostly. The 'Catalyst are disorganized and that's why ordering a Battletech book will take 3+ months, assuming we can get it' line got really, really, old after a while.

Comic book shop on Merivale not only is more open, friendly, orders Battletech products that arrive within a week- but the owner is a big fan of Battletech too, though he hasn't played in ages.

#18 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostSidney, on 02 August 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Although I finally had enough of Fandom II and- well, Randy mostly. The 'Catalyst are disorganized and that's why ordering a Battletech book will take 3+ months, assuming we can get it' line got really, really, old after a while.

Ah yes Randy… cannot say I miss him! Many good games at Fandom over the years otherwise though.

RAM
ELH

#19 rocksmith

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

A friend and i in Edmonton are looking to round up some people to play. Send me a message!

#20 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Phad
Kythus
Glasswlkr

Keep in mind that while I have been taking down data from players who come to my games and have e-mailed them in order to get a gaming group together, there is more than one instance where people have had completely illegible handwriting and/or have simply not responded to my messages via phone or e-mail.

I'm still looking to get a gaming group to reach critical mass so that players will play against each-other, so sending me your contact information is key, also, if you're willing for me to share it with other players in the area, that will speed things along greatly. Otherwise, I have to somehow manage to get EVERYONE to show up on the same day - and that seems a feat even Hanse Davion wouldn't be able to pull off. It would be ideal, but while Ottawa has many Battletech players, there's a lot of people that simply can't come out on days that end with "Y", and while the Comic Book Shop on Merivale might suit the tastes of some people, I've been there, and it's not in the least bit centrally located, meaning favoring west-enders, while east-enders are forced to schlep across town - god forbid they have to take the bus like myself - it takes ages. Besides that, Fandom II is a very high-traffic location, so playing there gets the word out that Battletech is still an actively played game. Many people disregard it as being "Dead", but what can be expected if people stop playing it publicly.

Sending me your contact info via PM, I can update it to my documents so that I'll have contact information stored. I'll notify you of any upcoming events, and with your permission, I'll share it with some other interested new players until we can formulate some sort of "Meet Up Day" for Battletech. Remember: an average Battletech game chews up 4 hours. You *have* to be willing to sacrifice an afternoon, or you'll be packing up as soon as you're done putting the stuff out. My work schedule is a messed up one that doesn't synchronize with any sort of monthly routine, making it very difficult to do my duties for CGL, but I am more than willing to come out when my days off align, as well as for special events like Game Summit and Cangames. But, that's partly why I need to reach critical mass for a Battletech group. It won't self sustain unless other players contact each-other, too. Dust off those minis, pick up Total Warfare, and come on out to play.

Edited by ice trey, 26 August 2012 - 02:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users