#81 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostCorrado, on 21 November 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

try a 5 streak6 tag and bap stormcrow to deal with any light. then come back and tell us what is OP and what's not.

I ran one of my Stormcrow's as a light hunter in this manner before--it can be pretty fun. I can always tell when their target data comes through because typically they take off for cover.

It sucks to run a rock-paper-scissors build like that though we're you're rock, lights are scissors and everything else is paper.

#82 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 20 November 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

What was the win % of the first clan vs is test again?

Because hardcore, dedicated players versus the big corps of IS roleplayer try-hards and f2p underhive ever stood a chance of competing. It wasn't the mechs as much as the players involved in that challenge on each side.

#83 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 21 November 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I ran one of my Stormcrow's as a light hunter in this manner before--it can be pretty fun. I can always tell when their target data comes through because typically they take off for cover.

It sucks to run a rock-paper-scissors build like that though we're you're rock, lights are scissors and everything else is paper.

Take 3 ssrms and 4 ermedlas then, still shreds lights and is a credible threat to other things.

#84 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostUrsh, on 21 November 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Because hardcore, dedicated players versus the big corps of IS roleplayer try-hards and f2p underhive ever stood a chance of competing. It wasn't the mechs as much as the players involved in that challenge on each side.

How would you know?

Also using "tryhard" and "roleplayer" about the same players...sounds rather contradictory to me. What are your definition of those terms exactly?

#85 Nemesis Duck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

I agree with the belief that the perspective of clan mechs being better is skewed by the fact that decicated players bought them and are generally better.

#86 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 November 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

The 8 Small Pulse variant its as bad as the pre-nerf boom jegar or splat cat.
I am not saying anyone piloting them is bad, I am saying that I have been killed time and time again by arm-locked noobs that happened to walk around the right corner.

wait wait wait ......................................................... the boom jeger was never that good, and the splat cat still had to get in range and not lose its week arms........ so am i missing something here or are you one of the scrubs that ******* about everything that kills them?
i think your one of the scrubs

#87 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

Numbers please.

#88 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 21 November 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Numbers please.

There were no CLAN TRIALS during the tests

There were no CLAN MECH for CBILLS during the tests....

So i deduce that ONLY Hardcore/Paying guys (whales) were the ones running Clan mechs and the other side would have been a mix of Dedicated and Casual players.

Pretty sure that is proof enough right there....I bet if they did another one , pre-quirks, After all the Clan Mechs have been obtainable for Cbills there would be a different outcome.

#89 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 21 November 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

So i deduce that ONLY Hardcore/Paying guys (whales) were the ones running Clan mechs and the other side would have been a mix of Dedicated and Casual players.

Yes, no underhive bought clan mechs. I mean it only took money and who has that?

#90 Star Witch Esperanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

careful they'll nerf pulse lasers instead.

#91 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

so started a match, walked forward following my team and suddenly,
Posted Image
FireStarter SPL boat,
killed 2 others before me,
i want you all to look at this and tell me its not broken?

#92 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

true story: In the tourney, Bog close game I killed two! Stormcrows from behind on one of those high circular islands. This was in a Firestarter H version. I know they were "C-Bill Clanners" because there is NO way a package buyer Stormcrow would let me do this to them with-out f&*^$#g me up. Never saw such poor situational awareness in Clan pilots in package days. (fyi game was 3-4 in their favour when I double killed so it was justifiable!)

#93 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 22 November 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

so started a match, walked forward following my team and suddenly,
Posted Image
FireStarter SPL boat,
killed 2 others before me,
i want you all to look at this and tell me its not broken?

So, what you say is that 3 mechs didnt manage to kill a firestarter?
I dont think that the firestarter was the problem. It could be a locust, and you three would still die since you are a bad shot

#94 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Postmrpetzold, on 22 November 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

So, what you say is that 3 mechs didnt manage to kill a firestarter?
I dont think that the firestarter was the problem. It could be a locust, and you three would still die since you are a bad shot

just stating the fact the firestarter,
1) ran from one side of the map to the other,
2) cored 1 DWF from behind,
3) cored 1 TBR from behind,
4) Cored me from behind,
5) in UNDER 1minute,
i dont care that i got killed being cored,
its that we didnt even get a shot off,

ive timed a run with max engine LCT 35 seconds to cross the map,
6SPL should not be-able to Core a Heavy or Assault in under 8 Seconds,
and its not the SPL its the Quirks that buffed them to stupid levels,

#95 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

Streaks are not common enough to deal with the influx of firestarters (If your a clan mech.. also never would a thought Id say that.). I swear all the streak vultures/stormcrows all disappeared. its all laser vomit now. which really helps to make light drivers get into your team and pick at them. A lot of the other weapons are not as efficient in dealing with them.

And yes, aiming for there legs is all good and dandy but a typical light mech can usually take a bit to chew through though unless you can hit it with a big AC or a lot of high damage lasers consistently, where as streak SRMs are hands down one up there on the list of spookiest things for a light mech to deal with..

I am glad we have a good small pulse laser boat, but it is very strong.. so the idea of tuning it back a little bit defiantly wouldnt hurt, oh and maybe making a few more light mechs out side of the locust and firestarter have some small pulse laser bonuses

#96 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostToxinTractor, on 22 November 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

I am glad we have a good small pulse laser boat, but it is very strong.. so the idea of tuning it back a little bit defiantly wouldnt hurt, oh and maybe making a few more light mechs out side of the locust and firestarter have some small pulse laser bonuses

its not even the FS9-A which has the SPL Quirks,
its the FS9-S that has the Beam Duration and Beam Recharge -8%,
which gives it SPL beam duration of 0.4 and cool-down of 1.9 seconds,

#97 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Oh look! Another Griefer has posted an "OP, I Died, Nerf It!!!" thread. :P

Big whup. :rolleyes:

I'm just now getting into Firestarters. They're tanky little Lights, but they sacrifice some things that other Lights have in order to be that way. They're not as fast as other Lights and they lack ECM (thinking of my Locusts and Commandos here). They're also mostly short-ranged brawlers. :mellow:

I recommend that you stay with the group and stop trying to Rambo it on your own. As a Light pilot, I can tell you that lone Mechs are easy marks, but that if you stay with the group you have a better chance of surviving. Also, Light Mechs take a lot more skill to pilot than most other Mechs. You have to have better reflexes, quick reaction time, knowledge of the terrain, and the ability to keep a mental picture of what's happening around you all while maintaining your accuracy. That's a tall order for a lot of people. -_-

If you want to classify something as "low skill," I suggest you look into LRMs. Though skills will differentiate an average LRM pilot from a great LRM pilot, they do require less skill to play than any other Mech. Lights, on the other hand, will always require bucket-loads of skill. B)

I also recommend that you not make emotional posts like this. It lowers your credibility. ;)

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 22 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

4) Cored me from behind,
5) in UNDER 1minute,

One Firestarter cored three of you from behind? :lol:

...I'd have expected you to figure it out by the time the second Mech went down. Y'all weren't very attentive, were you? :rolleyes:

Bottomline, you died from a Mech you don't like using a build you disapprove of, so now you want it nerfed. Get over it.

#98 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 22 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

4) Cored me from behind,
5) in UNDER 1minute,

How long it takes for it to core depends on the internal structure and backarmour. Almost mech in the game could do the same thing against frontloaded mechs. What you tell me is that none of you had situational awareness at that time. If all 3 of you had situational awareness that firestarter wouldnt have 3 kills. It would be dead. SInce you didnt get a shoot off you obviously wasn't paying attention. You know you can have 4 SSRM6 in a timberwolf? You are just one of the many QQ's. "I got killed by a [insert mech or weapon] please nerf it."

#99 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 21 November 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Oh the list, sadly people will argue back and forth. Realistically speaking they are going to be looking at Server Statistics when they decide what they are nerfing/buffing not your list that you feel is accurate.
And like last time they will find the TWolf well ahead of the T-Bolt, the Warhawk and DW well ahead of the Stalker, the stormcrow hand and fist over the Wolverine.
The only one I can agree on is the FS (and sometimes Jenner) being the top Lights on the server.

-ST

PeaceDove was already worse than the Stalker prior to quirks. Whale is good under specific circumstances; it isn't the ideal brawler, but very potent at range.

View PostMerryIguana, on 21 November 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

That you think stalker is above banshee tells me all i need to know. I own every mech on your list. Do you?

The Stalker has much better hitboxes, and can pack both better brawling or sniping loadouts; although it can't do both in an ideal manner.

Both are good mechs.

#100 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

I look forward to Russ's statement they plan to get back to work to reimplementing collision and knockdown again after CW is underway. That will end a lot of these little face huggers as they get knocked down and ghetto stomped by their intended victims.

As for their lag shielding... I dunno what's ever going to fix them since it seems endemic over all games. Maybe flag players with low ping so you know to lead them more? I dunno.

Edited by Kjudoon, 22 November 2014 - 03:27 PM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users