Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

geeez, these pics really take me way back :P

#62 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Old MW games were nice, but I sure am not nostalgic for those rough graphics!

-k

#63 Ragnrok

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostZER0 WD, on 22 October 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

this thread has nothing to do with canon per say, has to do more with a group that played together in mpbt: solaris, on aol/gamestorm then on to several other games afterwards.

im not talking about the units reserved by devs. we are independent and go by unique names that are not reserved. see ferro's post and firefly's link

Edited by Ragnrok, 23 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#64 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ragnrok, I think you and the other are getting your communications cross. For Draken, Solaris/3025 timeline had WD employed by the Draconis Combine, as with other merc companies with their respective houses. Canon merc units names were not to be given free play with where they were employed, that was to be left to the non-canon units when it became available. So, in essences, the Houses had dibs on and included canon merc units in their TO&E.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 October 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#65 Ragnrok

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

clearly no one understands what i post. not worth wasting my time explaining.

#66 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

View PostRagnrok, on 24 October 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

clearly no one understands what i post. not worth wasting my time explaining.

iie, I understood what you posted. That those who wished to be associated with the merc/clan unit Wolf's Dragoons have created an alliance, creating unit names that should be usable in the CW once it goes live.

Your post was right after the limpy sword pilot whose question/comment was as follows:

View PostDraken X, on 22 October 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Interesting... How did the Dragoons have a Draconian District?

Most of the conversation in the thread had been about the players who were WD during Solaris/3025/ISW era. There had been a few people who wanted to join WD during that time but would only do so if WD was not associated with Kurita. WD during that era was part of the DCMS's TO&E but they were given the freedom to run the unit as they saw fit, within reason, eg no intrahouse recruiting, conflicts were handled quickly, the officers had a say in the CoC and the unit was assigned their own area.

What you originally posted did not really tie in nor did it appear to be associated with anything posted except the unit's name, Wolf's Dragoons, other than the post that had come before, as quoted above.

I hope that helps some.

(bows)

#67 Ragnrok

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

well thats clearer. my original post was simply a response to the thread question.

#68 Datsu

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Venting ATM and frustrated ...but WOOOOOW how lopsided is this game....drops are way off tonnage / skill / equilization whatever for a beta...every time I drop there are atleast 3 atlas versus me in an 80 ton an the rest are less or equal..what gives..Am I missing something. I know there a teams ..etc..but on losing side every time.... lose 10 out of 10..

HELP

Datsu

#69 The Legendary Samurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts
  • LocationGuzman Park 2

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Formerly LtCol. Samurai <WD>, but back with DRAAGUN now.

Nice to see some of you guys again. Where's Wolf and THP?

View Postmuskrat, on 26 June 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

I was a member of WD back on Gamestorm

I went by the name Goliath WD

Papasan! What up, dawg?! Long time no see.

#70 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Kwa Samurai
Years my old friend, it is good to see you here, I am still playing target for whatever team I pug with

Older now and slower (grins)

#71 MastrTom

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hariio Okami (Grey Wolf) 15BMD from the Wolf Dragoons of MPBT year 3025 reporting for duty. Ready to hook up with any Benjamin Regulars reactivating.

#72 chubasco

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hey, I dropped with WD for a while in 3025 and went with to DAoC. Handle was Polaris[WD]. Aoiata was my main in DAoC. Nice to see some familiar names.

#73 13am13am

Rookie

• The Star
  • The Star
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

I was a member of Wolfs Dragoons. I went by the name Darkslayer. I remember we started out as kell hounds then switched to WD. I also remember the League battles against Draguun. I had so much fun playing back then. i was pretty good then. Not so much now but Im getting better. I hope to see you guys around. Friend me and hit me up. my new name is 13am13am. Woof!

#74 Gideonwolf

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Gideonwolf of the wolfs dragoons MW2 MW4 - mercs a long long time ago

#75 Morifen

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 22 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Oh wow, I don't remember if any of you guys remember me, but I was Morifen in Shadowbane on the Carnage server. I joined wolf's dragoons under Vorsyth for a while, and fought together with you guys on many occasions when I was leading TSC. Nice to hear that you are still together.

#76 IonPhoenix

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

how do i join a guild, aka, specifically, wolf's dragoons?

i was in wolf's dragoons in mw4/mw4 mercs.

#77 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

There is no "official" Wolf's Dragoons unit in MWO. Players will not have the ability to take nor control that name or any other canon unit in the game. There are unit who "associate" themselves with the WD and they may call themselves WD outside of the game but they have no official standing in the game.

Check either the Merc or the Clan subforums though.

Also, the current 4 Clans as well as the 5/6 Innersphere Houses are considered factions in the game and there are no official ruling council/leaders for said "factions".

PGI current aim/vision is towards player-made/controlled non-canon units. Example, one of the earlier Black Widow Company units, once PGI posted their initial expectations about names started using BWC as in Bravo Whiskey Charlie mercenary unit, iirc associated via their exterior unit history with the Black Widow Company.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 August 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#78 MoonDragn

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, MD

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostRapier00, on 20 July 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I used to play in DAOC with outreach, had a Druid named Aealyn, anyone remember me? would love to reconnect with some people in MWO...

Hey Aealyn, I think I remember you! I was in DaoC in Wolf's Dragoons also back during the first year of DaoC. I was with a guild called Celtic Circle before I joined WD.

I was playing a Eldrich named Korin MoonDragn at the time.

Anyway, which one of the WDs are recruiting? I just finished my 25 cadet missions and am poised on picking my first Mech. I'm going to pick up the boar's head as soon as it comes out and I have the phoenix stuff preordered already. My style of play is backline support with missiles or sniping with long range weaponry in assault mechs.

Edited by MoonDragn, 27 September 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#79 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 03 August 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

There is no "official" Wolf's Dragoons unit in MWO. Players will not have the ability to take nor control that name or any other canon unit in the game.
Supposedly, the Wolf's Dragoons will be one of the regiments players can join via the Community Warfare system. They need to get to max rank with all of the factions before they unlock the option to do so, however. Arguably, the Dragoons are very picky when it comes to new members - just like how they are described in the books. :)

See this announcement video, starting at 8m 20s

Might be interesting to players looking forward to play a Dragoon, or a member of any of the other canon regiments.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 27 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#80 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Long, long time ago...I was in both the Dragoons and semi-active with Clan Wolf. Back in the old MW3 days, I went by "Wendigo" and actually designed a couple of maps that were used in the UA/ICE lobbies....oddly enough, named after a couple of Counter-Strike maps.....Assault and Conquest (no, not saying {Scrap} about the two modes we've got to play on MWO)...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users