BattleMechs

129 replies to this topic

#41 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:36 AM

I've never lost an arm on this mech. Always death by CT. I am not exagerating.

Whether I am facing towards the enemy or away, every shot hits my front CT.

We have to wait a week for them to fix this?

*update: I found a temporary solution. I move all my rear armor to the front, I last slightly longer. Another solution would be dropping most of the armor off anything that isn't the center torso front, and taking 2 gauss.

Edited by Golden Vulf, 29 November 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#42 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

Posted Image

#43 FaceRipt

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 29 November 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Cry us a river. We have had the same problem for years with the Catapult and that thing doesn't even carry ECM or clan weapons.

Seriously, you guys realize that thing has to have SOME drawback attached to it? Otherwise we'll have yet another Clan heavy that totally dominates its weight class and the game will be flooded with super fast ECM heavies with good firepower on top of it that have no real drawback...

So are you saying that broken hit boxes are balance? I hope your trolling cause if your serious my god. First match out

I torso twisted to avoid an alpha on my CT fully exposing the left side of my mech to the enemy, then bam CT cored and no

damage to the side facing the enemy. At that moment I knew shenanigans were in effect. After several more matches the

results were the same no matter what I did almost all damage went to CT. After about 10 matches I had a game were the

armor got stripped off my left arm was pretty shocked it even happened honestly.

#44 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

Cry us a river. We have had the same problem for years with the Catapult and that thing doesn't even carry ECM or clan weapons.

Seriously, you guys realize that thing has to have SOME drawback attached to it? Otherwise we'll have yet another Clan heavy that totally dominates its weight class and the game will be flooded with super fast ECM heavies with good firepower on top of it that have no real drawback...

Its not a drawback. Its broken.

#45 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

Well, look at it from the bright side, you can run with stock armor on all parts but the CT and save some tonnage (like stock builds) for more weapons and heatsinks :P

#46 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:00 AM

Hellbringer must be fixed, it's unplayable atm.

#47 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

I like to torso twist so that enemy mechs can shoot my CT from different angles.

All deaths by CT. Brawling with this thing is a rather short and painful adventure.

#48 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostLOADED, on 29 November 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

The STs are more like the L & R "boobs"...but the CT includes the shoulder missile pod, and the sternum/diaphragm area across the torso, immediately below the "boobs". And it wraps around the HBR's torso, under the 'armpits'.

I've only dropped 4 times in my prime... died by CT each time, but did lose a ST once.

#49 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

Hope everybody's figured out the 'put 1 armour in the back and everything else in the front' trick for now. Comes in handy for my jenner, which is just a flying saucer with legs. =D

#50 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostYumemi79, on 29 November 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

Maybe you guys got spoiled by the Timber Wolf then and argue and feel that every other mech is bugged and squishy? ^^

I thought something similar initially also, as most of these "doa" threads tend to be a little melodramatic - but after running it, my every death has been CT damage. Something's up. Could it be the way it protrudes outwards a little? I'm not sure.

It's got Awesome-itis though.

#51 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostFaceRipt, on 29 November 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

So are you saying that broken hit boxes are balance? I hope your trolling cause if your serious my god. First match out

No, I simply fear that they might buff the hitboxes of the mech to the point that they stop being a drawback. You know, like they did with the DWF, despite the mech already being a class dominating tier 1 from the get-go. Nothing against them fixing broken hit registration and slight box reajustment but IMO otherwise the hitboxes should remain as they are. Remember there are IS mechs that basically never get killed by ST destruction, like the Catapult or Dragon. There shouldn't be preferential treatment for clan mechs , especially with ones with as much potentency as the Hellbringer with its ECM, speed, firepower and low weight (fits easily into OP meta drop decks full of Doomcrows).

Too bad that PGI can't be bothered to fix the broken Timberwolf rear hitboxes that have been broken for half a year as well (you know, the ones that have allowed Timber pilots to reduce their back armor to 3/3/3 because damage gets transferred to the front), considering how fast they react when it comes to increasing survival by fixing borked 'boxes.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 29 November 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#52 McMurl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

i just wanna say... clan mechs are supposed to be better then innersphere. enjoy your innersphere quirks while you can, wont be long before clan mechs get them too. and they did announce clan quirks.

#53 Your Master BrumB

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWV. USA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

Agreed the CT is hit from every shot. i know it sounds like and exaggeration: however its not!

#54 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 29 November 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

It's got Awesome-itis though.

And it even is pre-hitbox adjustment + quirks Awesome-itis.

The worst damage I had so far, apart from a blown out CT, was a leg with no armor, and that I did to myself by falling a long way...several times.
The rest of the 'mech barely turns yellow, no matter how much I twist or at what range I engage.

Honestly ...who tests these things and against whom ? Is it a badger tied to a keyboard against a bag of cats with a pc-mouse in it ? Took 5 matches in PUG-queue to figure out its problems.

#55 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:39 AM

View Postgrievoussmaug, on 29 November 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

i just wanna say... clan mechs are supposed to be better then innersphere. enjoy your innersphere quirks while you can, wont be long before clan mechs get them too. and they did announce clan quirks.

Too bad that PGI clearly stated that both IS and Clan mechs should be on equal footing, proving your point invalid. Besides the Timberwolf, Direwolf and Storm Crow are already tier 1 mechs and will thus recieve 0 quirks. Sorry that your favorite Clan stuff is not supposed to balanced so it is easier for you to dominate people with inferior IS mechs. Not like you'd been ever caught playing the handicapped side, would you?

#56 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 28 November 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

hellbringer currently has 1 and only 1 hitbox

I have not lost an arm, leg, side torso or been killed from damage to and rear torso section

only CT

and, it seems like there are quirks, unlisted quirks

-20 CT armor
-20 CT structure

has potential to be a very very good mech, but as it is right now, its more fragile than pre-quirk locusts

Yes this is exactly how I felt. Not only is the CT hitbox apparently huge but it really does feel like the structure is non-existent. I mean the second I lose the CT armor which only takes a second itself, the very next brush of a laser takes me out. To try not to exaggerate, it feels like I have about 1/2 the armor I should have on the CT. My Mist Lynx can honestly take a CT hit better than the Hellbringer.

I have owned Catapults and I wish the Hellbringer was as durable. I can honestly say it isn't even close right now. Hell my Pre-Quirked T-bolts are making the Hellbringer look downright pathetic and I don't think anyone would claim the T-bolts were even average back then.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 29 November 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#57 blacklanner

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 29 November 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Yes this is exactly how I felt. Not only is the CT hitbox apparently huge but it really does feel like the structure is non-existent. I mean the second I lose the CT armor which only takes a second itself, the very next brush of a laser takes me out. To try not to exaggerate, it feels like I have about 1/2 the armor I should have on the CT. My Mist Lynx can honestly take a CT hit better than the Hellbringer.

I wrote this in another thread.

View Postblacklanner, on 29 November 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

I have a suspicion that values of armor on CT remains the same even after maxed out. Even a brief laze is stripping my armor, exposing internal structure. Right now my Koshi has a better survivability than this mech, though the speed of loosing an arm here is comparable to Hellbringer.

Completely agree with you.

#58 Tyranum

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

Needs Hit box adjustments but also more armor maybe? It seems like it couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag....And I thought the Mist Lynx was fragile. With this thing it's either enough armor to survive OR weapons to fight with. Where is the balance the other mechs have?

#59 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 29 November 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

No, I simply fear that they might buff the hitboxes of the mech to the point that they stop being a drawback. You know, like they did with the DWF, despite the mech already being a class dominating tier 1 from the get-go. Nothing against them fixing broken hit registration and slight box reajustment but IMO otherwise the hitboxes should remain as they are. Remember there are IS mechs that basically never get killed by ST destruction, like the Catapult or Dragon. There shouldn't be preferential treatment for clan mechs , especially with ones with as much potentency as the Hellbringer with its ECM, speed, firepower and low weight (fits easily into OP meta drop decks full of Doomcrows).

Too bad that PGI can't be bothered to fix the broken Timberwolf rear hitboxes that have been broken for half a year as well (you know, the ones that have allowed Timber pilots to reduce their back armor to 3/3/3 because damage gets transferred to the front), considering how fast they react when it comes to increasing survival by fixing borked 'boxes.

However no one can claim the Hellbringer is dominating anything right now. It is just bad, bad bad.

#60 Zen Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

I lost a side torso once. Once. It got blown out with my CT....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users