ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 28 November 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

This thing is massive... Half the nose of a dragon but the gravity it has is about 10 times the amount. Every death has been CT so far...

What about you guys?
Findings? Am I crazy? Call me maybe.

Edit: Tweet from Russ about the hitbox
https://twitter.com/...534074067845120
and
https://twitter.com/...534294138810368

Yeah, suffer the weekend, and hopefully use the 2.5 xp, or wait til monday and level something else, I guess.

#62 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

Oh well,
prime: 10 k and 3d kdr 3.33
hbr a 8 k and 4 d kdr 2

Already finisced basic skills in 11 matches.

Not doa, not meh, but always ct critical. Very dangerous mech, it's not normal to twist and get hit ct always.....

#63 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 29 November 2014 - 03:34 AM, said:

Cry us a river. We have had the same problem for years with the Catapult and that thing doesn't even carry ECM or clan weapons.

Seriously, you guys realize that thing has to have SOME drawback attached to it? Otherwise we'll have yet another Clan heavy that totally dominates its weight class and the game will be flooded with super fast ECM heavies with good firepower on top of it that have no real drawback...

Well it's obviously broken. Some of us are used to torso twisting and knowing how to spread damage. When you do that and nothing hits ANYTHING except the torso, that's obviously not working as intended. I don't think anyone wants it buffed to the point of broken and if they do... they're being silly. It should be comparable to a Dragon, not a glass cannon. At this point, you could probably strip ALL armor and just max CT armor and have 0 issues. Or at least, that's how it feels.

And IMO, it doesn't even feel powerful. Maybe the CT hitbox fix will change that but who knows. It can't really carry too much more than a Thunderbolt and it's hot. Granted, I only have the Basics at this point. A drawback to the mech is not having Endo or Ferro-Fibrous. I think that alone keeps it from being overpowered.

Edited by Moonlander, 29 November 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#64 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostVapor NINE, on 28 November 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Nice to see its not just me, was wondering if it had st's at all. lol

Last night while playing I rushed one in a Hunchback.
Did him in by CT, laughed and said something along the lines of "That poor *******'s got a barn door!"

#65 FaceRipt

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 29 November 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

No, I simply fear that they might buff the hitboxes of the mech to the point that they stop being a drawback. You know, like they did with the DWF, despite the mech already being a class dominating tier 1 from the get-go. Nothing against them fixing broken hit registration and slight box reajustment but IMO otherwise the hitboxes should remain as they are. Remember there are IS mechs that basically never get killed by ST destruction, like the Catapult or Dragon. There shouldn't be preferential treatment for clan mechs , especially with ones with as much potentency as the Hellbringer with its ECM, speed, firepower and low weight (fits easily into OP meta drop decks full of Doomcrows).

Too bad that PGI can't be bothered to fix the broken Timberwolf rear hitboxes that have been broken for half a year as well (you know, the ones that have allowed Timber pilots to reduce their back armor to 3/3/3 because damage gets transferred to the front), considering how fast they react when it comes to increasing survival by fixing borked 'boxes.

The problem is that being shot in the back and some other areas is transferring the damage to front CT, nobody is asking for op hit box buffs.

Just fyi even the devs have stated that there is something wonky with the hit boxes.

We are just reporting the problem and awaiting a fix.

Edited by FaceRipt, 29 November 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#66 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

Has anyone entered into a private match and actually mapped the Hit Boxes yet. I really think the areas under the shoulder boxes are considered CT which would explain the issue. The reason I think this is because I shot a Hellbringer from the side into his love handles just under those boxes and blew out his CT.

If this is the case that means over 60% of the front and back surface of the mech counts as CT and probably 30% of the sides.

Seems like the Hellbringer would be fine is only the center strip was CT and everything to the left or right of that strip was ST though the Chest protrusion will always be a vulnerable point. Be nice to see the sides of that protrusion be made ST but I think that is asking too much.

View PostFaceRipt, on 29 November 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

The problem is that being shot in the back and some other areas is transferring the damage to front CT, nobody is asking for op hit box buffs.

Just fyi even the devs have stated that there is something wonky with the hit boxes.

We are just reporting the problem and awaiting a fix.

Yes this issue exists and is a pain (died at least 2-3 times this bug so far), however it isn't going to solve the issue of how quickly you die when being fired at from the front. Something is wonky there too, big time, because no matter how you twist or how little of what you would think is the CT is exposed, you still take CT damage. I have even tried peaking which almost always results in just damage to the arm and ST and still all the damage is going to the CT.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 29 November 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#67 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

I'ts not as bad as it seems, sure I'm getting front cored out a lot of the times, with my ass facing the enemy. But it's bloody great fun, have it's armor ramped up and it's great! Just yeah, that bug is annoying but it aint DOA, not by a long shot.

#68 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 29 November 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Has anyone entered into a private match and actually mapped the Hit Boxes yet.

I volunteer to. I'll try to have a rough scetch up in an hour.

#69 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 29 November 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

I volunteer to. I'll try to have a rough scetch up in an hour.

Thanks man. Would really love to see the actual hitboxes so we can figure out exactly what the issue is and present it to PGI correctly.

#70 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:29 AM

That, to a certain extent, happens to every mech and seems to be just the general messup usually called "hitreg".
Though it seems excessive with the HBR. Doesnt matter much where I shoot them, most of it goes CT.

PGI, while you are at fixing mechs, how about the Catapult? Give it some love guys.

#71 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostJaspbo1, on 29 November 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'ts not as bad as it seems, sure I'm getting front cored out a lot of the times, with my ass facing the enemy. But it's bloody great fun, have it's armor ramped up and it's great! Just yeah, that bug is annoying but it aint DOA, not by a long shot.

I define DOA a bit differently than alot of people. To me DOA is any mech that is just going to sit in the stable because it isn't fun or competitive. Fun AND competitive would be preferable but at least one or the other.

Right now, with its hitboxes being the way they are from the front, I just don't see myself really wanting to drop in a Hellbringer as oppose to dropping into a Crow, Timby or even an Ice Ferret or Mist Lynx. I mean I have significantly higher stats in a Mist Lynx for god sake and I can actually carry in that mech as opposed to the Hellbringer which dies the minute it meets anything solo. Sure I can hang back and hide behind my team in the Hellbringer and do fairly ok in it but I am being more of a vulture than offering anything meaningful to the team if I am doing that. That is not the kind of mech I want to play so I am hoping that theymake it at least durable enough to hang in the front line and fight it out with the rest of the heavies.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 29 November 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#72 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

Slight problem; my friend doesn't have premium time so we can't drop 1v1. (Only I have it) Is anyone available to help me with this experiment? In order for this to work, someone else needs premium time so we can drop 1v1. Preferably, they must have a Hellbringer so I can record hit locations.

Otherwise, you'd need to mark them down yourself.

Let's do this: For Science!

Edited by Greenjulius, 29 November 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#73 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 29 November 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Slight problem; my friend doesn't have premium time so we can't drop 1v1. (Only I have it) Is anyone available to help me with this experiment? In order for this to work, someone else needs premium time so we can drop 1v1. Preferably, they must have a Hellbringer so I can record hit locations.

I can do it. PM me here I guess.

#74 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 29 November 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

PauloBR generously lent his HBR for the test. I'm drawing up the results. It's not pretty.

#75 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 29 November 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

PauloBR generously lent his HBR for the test. I'm drawing up the results. It's not pretty.

That is what I figured. Thanks bunches for your assistance on this.

#76 PauloBR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

A printscreen of the test:

Posted Image
Link: http://i.imgur.com/0iI2kTc.jpg

PS: It's not just there.

#77 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostPauloBR, on 29 November 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

A printscreen of the test:

Posted Image
Link: http://i.imgur.com/0iI2kTc.jpg

PS: It's not just there.

It might sound silly, but could I recommend Flamers or SLs instead of MGs? I guess the CoF is tiny at 20M, but some might complain about it.

Flamers do not have the CoF, but deal pitiful damage and are continuous fire. SLs for seeing exactly where you're hitting (which neither MGs or Flamers do)

Is the prognosis the old Awesome-itis? Shoulders and arms considered CT?

#78 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image

#79 PauloBR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 November 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

It might sound silly, but could I recommend Flamers or SLs instead of MGs? I guess the CoF is tiny at 20M, but some might complain about it.

Flamers do not have the CoF, but deal pitiful damage and are continuous fire. SLs for seeing exactly where you're hitting (which neither MGs or Flamers do)

Is the prognosis the old Awesome-itis? Shoulders and arms considered CT?

He used SLs and a lot of shots to confirm the places. =)
I won't say much about but it has a lot of "CTs".

#80 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 November 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

I started with a MG but ended up using a Small Laser because the hitboxes have tiny variations. I'll upload shortly.

Edited by Greenjulius, 29 November 2014 - 02:17 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users