129 replies to this topic

#121 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

I have yet to lose an arm, leg, or side torso in this thing.

#122 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

Perhaps if Paul or Russ played the damned thing in an actual game with some secret squirrel types, he wouldn't foist another Dragon on us...

#123 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostStevie Ray Vaughan, on 29 November 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

Perhaps if Paul or Russ played the damned thing in an actual game with some secret squirrel types, he wouldn't foist another Dragon on us...

This isn't a Dragon. It's worse.

But at least it is so because it is bugged up by implementation, and that can be rather easily fixed.

#124 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 29 November 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Updated boxes thanks to Koniving.
Another shout out to PauloBR for his help too.

Main changes: Strip on the front left torso is actually CT, not ST. Significant area undernearth the arms is actually CT. I'd say it's 50/50 with the side torso, with most of the area under the arms being CT. The best comparison I can make to the bottom is that this mech is wearing a pair of underwear that is a fairly large front CT hitbox.

A small section of additional front CT hitbox was discovered on both the upper side torsos.

The rear CT is a little bigger than thought at first, but still messed up. The head is very tiny. Smaller than my illustration. The dot in the middle is the actual head location.

Front

Posted Image

Back

Posted Image

Left Side

Posted Image

Right Side

Posted Image

HAHAHAHAHAHA

#125 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:13 PM

i don´t know if anyone else realized it,but it happened to me several times now..

i get engaged in a "cover and poke" fight... center gets crit (naturally), i turn around and run, because -well- the back armor is unharmed... i get a scratch in the back (from lasers or anything else) and my CT FRONT blows... poof, mech dead, front CT cored... no enemies in front, just one that magically happened to shoot my front from the back

as i said: first time i thought "yea maybe a bad angle or something, display bug maybe" ...but after the 4th or 5th time and me watching out for this much more attentive, i guess there is something really wrong...

EDIT:

Posted Image

okay, that explains it... the ORANGE is the actual CT back, the green one the FRONT...lolz... so no matter what i do, i´ll get cored anyway :D

Edited by Alex Warden Wolf, 29 November 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#126 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

Well the up-side is you can pack it full of DOT-weapons and just stare your opponents down, no need to twist, they hit the CT anyway...

I hope they also fix the side-profile and not just the back. shooting at it from the side you still have more CT than there is leg or arm to hit (and you have to be LUCKY to hit a ST from the side), it's ridiculous.

#127 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:17 AM

well i just got soloed by an ice ferret while piloting a hellbringer. This mech is broke fix the CT please

#128 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

While the hit boxes are definitely broken, I've been having an absolute blast in this mech. You want to core me? I'll core you too! I load up on 6xMPL and can breach an enemy torso in 2 shots usually. All you have to do is play 2nd line and peek snipe. I get 800 damage games with it regularly.
Once the hit boxes are fixed it will be even more powerful. The ECM helps it with peek sniping a lot, staying unnoticed.

#129 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

I've been in the situation of trying to work out where I was being hit from too. The only time I've ever taken L/RT damage was when I was hit by artillery or LRMs (even most of that went on the CT). I've never seen my sides go anything less than yellow before being cored. Hell I think I might have lost an arm one game before I lost the CT. I should get a GXP bonus for that!

Edited by KelesK, 01 December 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#130 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 30 November 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

While the hit boxes are definitely broken, I've been having an absolute blast in this mech. You want to core me? I'll core you too! I load up on 6xMPL and can breach an enemy torso in 2 shots usually. All you have to do is play 2nd line and peek snipe. I get 800 damage games with it regularly.
Once the hit boxes are fixed it will be even more powerful. The ECM helps it with peek sniping a lot, staying unnoticed.

im really starting to hate this mech now. No load out seems to work at all for me.

Im sure largely it due to the abominable hit registration i have for DOT weapons. but seriously, im finding it a real pig. my orion P messes all over this thing

Edited by Verapamil, 04 December 2014 - 09:55 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users