Match Making Is Pathetic.

182 replies to this topic

#181 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

How is a relevant topic of concern necroing? Also, 4 months is nothing unless you have the life span of a fruit fly.

#182 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

They should simply balance the teams for
- mech classes
- overally tonnage

The current MM is terrible. Winning a couple of games only to be thrown into hell is no fun.

#183 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 06 December 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Yeah, and along the way, you meet nice lengthy loss streaks for some unexplained reason. That, or your win rate is already right around the goal of keeping you at 50%, so there is no need to stack your deck.

I have had about 450(give or take 25) wins over losses for a really long time....its doesn't keep you at a perfect 50% ratio but it does try it seems. But I know peeps i play with range from 450 more looses then wins to even 800 wins more then losses.

The whole 50/50 thing is a bit or a stretch, at best it seems to manage a 60/40 or worse for W/L either way. If you are decent you are on the good side, less skilled and newer guys though I can see having streaks both ways which makes the game seem wonky and out of balance. When you are just getting stomped 12-0 and 12-3 even game after game. But its the nature of this game...the "long" streaks for me though amount to 3 or 4 games at best. But

Then you get guys like me, im decent, no god mode pilot but i like to pilot lights and mediums and im sure when i do such a thing MM doesn't take it into account correctly and I get thrown on a team with low ELO's because the MM expects me to Carry and be in a Meta mech and such....but when i hit the Battlefield in my UM-60L and i see we have NO ASSAULTS i start to worry.

But if i pull my weight in the Light, 3 kills, 400-700 dmg and 10 assisits we win...if i die early my 20 tons of Highish ELO was a TOTAL WASTE not just a BAD IDEA for the rest of the team.

ELO HELL SUCKS, not much else to it. There are multiple levels of ELO hell much like normal hell....get comfy and dont forget your sunscreen.

View PostRomeo Deluxe, on 13 April 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

How is a relevant topic of concern necroing? Also, 4 months is nothing unless you have the life span of a fruit fly.

People dont know there is a search bar here and would rather make 700 threads every day about the same topic then continue the potentially useful idea of pulling all information into one continuous thread.

Edited by DarthRevis, 13 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users