I Was Excited About Cw Until I Took 240 Tons To The Knee.

353 replies to this topic

#21 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:11 AM

I wish they would drop it to 200tons limit and give all assults 200% buff. So the few we saw would really be big and bad.. As of now I wouldtake a locust to an atlas fight.

#22 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

There will be more clan mechs in the future and before we have CW I really do not know how it is going to play out.

Just because you have some filler in your drop deck does not mean you will ever drive them. Live long enough in your assaults and you may never get to the third or fourth mech. I may actually try two Altlas and two Locust for starters and see how it works out. Yes, I know those are IS, see first sentence ...

#23 Screaming Cruiser

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:36 AM

Others have suggested a dynamic system where the drop ship tonnage would fluctuate based on the importance of the planet, and I think that I would like to see that as well. But, having one or two assaults in a 12 mech match is more than enough for most scenarios.

#24 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

I CAN'T BRING FOUR DIRES, WOE IS ME.

Ok, just to say this? The rules are there to enforce 'mech diversity; without the rules, we would have nothing but teams of all Dires, All Timbers or All Crabs. I:

CW would turn into TIMBERWOLF ONLINE.

I get that you want a small budge, but no.

No, for the simple fact that if they budge before even trying it, people will push for more.

Try first, whine later.

Edited by Cavale, 06 December 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#25 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

You can still take:

Dire Wolf
Warhawk
Kitfox
Mist Lynx

You get your two assaults, and 2 light mechs that have jump jets. It's not terrible. Kitfox is generally regarded as a pretty good light support mech, and Mist Lynx can be really fun and decent in a fight.

The little problem with playing a pure clan force is the lightest mech we can take so far is 25 tons. It's still workable. I could manage quite a few more drop combos with just 5 more tons for 245, but as it is I'll just have to pick up either a Summoner or Mad Dog for a little more variety.

Hopefully they add some energy hard point summoner torso omnipods. Because having a jump capable 70 tonner is nice, but I want a little better sustain for when my arms get blown off. One of the things that makes the Hellbringer so good despite the lack of FF armor and Endo steel is that excellent Prime left torso omnipod with 3 energy hardpoints and ecm.

Edited by Golden Vulf, 06 December 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#26 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

If you're a dedicated assault pilot, and nothing else. Then CW is not for you. That simple. You'll always have the normal drops.

#27 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,978 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

we can post all kinds of answers but Yosharian said it best

Come on man, really? You can't pilot anything but an assault?

Come on man....

I just bought some light mechs (ravens) and for a Heavy pilot its a nightmare trying to get them leveled up

you thought us Pugs cry a lot wait until CW starts the try hards will have a river of tears

Edited by Davegt27, 06 December 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#28 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

I don't think we should raise it. You should buy the Warhawk. You can bring 2 of them, and have 70 tons to work with. That is 2 Adders. or Kit foxes. Plus the Clan get a 20 tonner eventually meaning they can bring 2 direwhales eventually.

Also you made a terrible mistake thinking anyone on this forum is going to agree with anything that might potentially mean they maybe have to fight an extra direwolf, because as we all know, Direwolfs simply make people drop dead within 100 meters and anything they are looking at within 2000m.

#29 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

I predict that, once CW hits and the majority of the game's population gets their hands on it, clan mechs will get stuck with a tonnage penalty.

For instance, a madcat counting as 85 tons.

Because that's really the only way they'll get people in on the other faction.

#30 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 December 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I predict that, once CW hits and the majority of the game's population gets their hands on it, clan mechs will get stuck with a tonnage penalty.

They already said they plan on increasing payout and rewards potentially for factions to encourage people to join.

#31 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostBigJim, on 06 December 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

How is saying Assault pilots are getting the shaft, any different from Light pilots saying the same?
Yeah, I could take 4x 35 tonners, but then I'm wasting 100t of my team's drop-weight.

I'd rather be "forced" (aw..) into a mech I'm not optimal at piloting than waste 100t.

We're all going to have to make compromises in order to run the specific mechs we really want.

As an aside tbh it' not like clanners suffer in terms of what tonnages to take, they/we (I much prefer clan mechs overall, even if my favourite class is totally dominated by the IS) don't have a full spectrum of choices at just about every tonnage level.

I can think of much better 240 combos I'd rather take on the clan side than on the IS.
see... this is where i have to disagree. You are not wasting anything for your team. Its YOUR drop weight, not the team's and while playing as a team, some team members within the unit may be better at playing just all lights. If you are a team and more so a unit that plays together, you should already know who is more efficient in what mechs. If your team has that 1 or 2 KICK ASS light mech pilots that you know can work those mechs like no other, why would you want him/them in anything other than what he/they are good at? I dont see that as a waste one bit. Granted, you do want most pilots to be able to be a jack of all or "most" trades. But lets be real... I am not a very good light pilot. Will i pilot them if the team needs it? Sure! Anything for my team! BUT... if there is someone on my team that wants to run all lights and can handle it. By all means, the job is his :)

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 December 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

what? Never going to happen lol. Trust me, there are just as many other players that will gladly play IS factions over Clan. There would be no need to force people from the Clan to play other factions.

#32 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostBrody319, on 06 December 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

They already said they plan on increasing payout and rewards potentially for factions to encourage people to join.

That's not gonna work, for the simple reason that if you go for the weak faction, you're gonna lose a lot. They need to make the weaker faction not so weak to begin with.

Aka, clans will get hammered, or no one's gonna bother with IS robots.

#33 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

The Innersphere will never stop being salty over clans until they are worse than IS in every way.

Anyone that thinks there's still this giant gap between the two faction needs to learn to play. Period.

Edited by Walluh, 06 December 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#34 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

So you want to bring the two most powerful mechs in the game, but in order to do so you will need to bring lights to offset tge weight?

Sorry, but no dice. You get to deal with it just like IS players. If I bring a Banshee, I have to make sacrifices elsewhere. Give and take.

#35 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

Still going to reiterate the removal of a 4 mech requirement.

Dire Wolf + Warhawk + Stormcrow sounds pretty good.

Then again, so does 7 Myst Lynxes and a Hellbringer.

Lights and mediums are supposed to be the most common mechs fielded in battle.
So why not?

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 06 December 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

So you want to bring the two most powerful mechs in the game, but in order to do so you will need to bring lights to offset tge weight?

I think the OP is saying that he CAN'T take 2 100 ton assaults, because he can't take 2 lights to go with them, because the Clans do not have a 20 ton light (Firemoth) yet.

At best, he could bring two 25 ton mechs, but to bring his two dire wolves he'd need to have a 250 ton limit instead of a 240 ton limit.

The IS has 20 ton mechs, the Clans do not yet have them.

#36 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostDulahan, on 06 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

If you're a dedicated assault pilot, and nothing else. Then CW is not for you. That simple. You'll always have the normal drops.
I dont agree. If you are a dedicated Assault pilot and go into CW knowing you will only ever be able to bring a max of 2 Assaults in a 4 mech drop, that will make Assault pilots appreciate those Assaults even more and drop in those 2 mechs when the time is right and when they are needed most.

Say for example... i take a 100 ton mech, two 50 ton mediums and a 40 ton medium at max tonnage of 240. Im not going to drop in that 100 ton mech till much much later in the match. Why? Because a fresh 100 ton slow Assault in the start of 12 vs 12 is priority target for the enemy. Ill drop in my other mechs first to eat away at some enemy and weaken them, take a control point or whatever, THAN drop in with the fresh 100 ton road block to hold and keep a position of interest or mop up the already battered enemy with less hassle.

Not very many will think like this and will right off the bat, drop in the largest most weaponed up mech they can bring and that nice fresh weapon boat will get eaten by combined fire before you have had much time to make a real impact.

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 December 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

That's not gonna work, for the simple reason that if you go for the weak faction, you're gonna lose a lot. They need to make the weaker faction not so weak to begin with.

Aka, clans will get hammered, or no one's gonna bother with IS robots.
sorry bud but I dont know what you are talking about lol. The Clans will not get any tonnage penalties or major nerfs in CW just so it would force more people to play IS. Have you seen just how large some of the house faction units are or even the merc units? They all will ONLY use IS mechs and they all are perfectly ok with that.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 06 December 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#37 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

Oh my, people are complaining about what they can take on the front line when they have more options than they would have had in lore?

Innersphere would primarily be represented by lights and mediums and clans saved their limited supply of omnimechs for the front line only, and there were very few Direwolfs. For a clan company to be able to bring 12 Direwolfs to a single battle just seems absurd. Relish in the fact that you get to bring 24 Timberwolfs or 36 Stormcrows, as that's a more appropriate bread-and-butter.

#38 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

Ok, I am not saying I want to bring 4 DWF, you idiots.

All I am asking for IS TO LET CLANNERS HAVE THE SAME DROP LOADOUT as the IS.

At max an IS pilot can take 2 Atlas, and who cares if he has 2 Locusts to go with it.
What I am asking for is to let CLANS DO THE SAME THING, this means right now clans would need a 250ton drop deck. So they can take 2 DWF and 2 25 tonners.

That is if the 4 mech requirement.

2-4 mechs gives pilots the choice on how many "respawns" they want to take. 2-4 mechs or 240tons whichever comes first, is that SO HARD to understand?

#39 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostKoniving, on 06 December 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Still going to reiterate the removal of a 4 mech requirement.

Dire Wolf + Warhawk + Stormcrow sounds pretty good.

Then again, so does 7 Myst Lynxes and a Hellbringer.

Lights and mediums are supposed to be the most common mechs fielded in battle.
So why not?

I think the OP is saying that he CAN'T take 2 100 ton assaults, because he can't take 2 lights to go with them, because the Clans do not have a 20 ton light (Firemoth) yet.

At best, he could bring two 25 ton mechs, but to bring his two dire wolves he'd need to have a 250 ton limit instead of a 240 ton limit.

The IS has 20 ton mechs, the Clans do not yet have them.

And I don't feel sorry for him.

Direwolf >>> Atlas. You really think 2 Atlases and 2 Locusts is a match for 2 Direwolves and 2 Firemoths?

Do I personally care for the 4 ton limit? Nope. I'd love to bring 6 Firestarters and a Commando or 3 Centurions, 2 Firestarters, and Locust. I also wouldn't mind some planets getting a 180 ton limit and others get a 300 ton limit.

#40 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

I guess it could maaaybe be argued to let you have a 10 ton bonus ONLY when you take two Direwolves, but only then. Just adding a flat 250 to clan dropdecks would be BS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users