I Was Excited About Cw Until I Took 240 Tons To The Knee.

353 replies to this topic

#61 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

Also, 250 tons?

TBR TBR TBR MLX

Yeah, no.

#62 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

I used to be disenchanted with MWO, then we had a tonnage limited weekend a while back and the matches were the best ever. CW and a drop deck will save this franchise from being just another mechassault.

#63 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

there is one thing that's buging me,

i can only bring 2 awesome, then i guess i will bring 2 cicada to make up for the 4 mechs and tonnage,

but i do not want to pilot cicada nor am i good with it.

so what do i do? do i quit match after my 2 assaults are dead?

why don't you just let us bring fewer than 4 mechs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why are you trying to make me pilot mechs that i don't care about, i do not need the 4 respawns..

#64 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

If you think that 2x 100t and 2x 20ton for IS mechs is so OP that you really need to bring two Dires... sigh

We don't know what gameplay will look like.
Maybe you need to get your light/meds to conquer/destroy something before getting your big boys into the right place?
It was also considered that there may be planets with different weight limits, so the whole point is moot now.

As a Clan warrior, beeing flexible is kind of core skill. Even with only a tiny bit of roleplaying, claners could try to be more flexible (like their omni mechs) and use multiple mech chassis.

Who knows, maybe it's better to use Gargoyle, Summi, Stormcrow and MystLinx than to try squeeze in Dires and Timbers everywhere.

#65 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 06 December 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

i can only bring 2 awesome, then i guess i will bring 2 cicada to make up for the 4 mechs and tonnage,

but i do not want to pilot cicada nor am i good with it.

so what do i do? do i quit match after my 2 assaults are dead?

why don't you just let us bring fewer than 4 mechs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why are you trying to make me pilot mechs that i don't care about, i do not need the 4 respawns..

There's a solo ghetto and the group underhive if you only want to play one robot, and one robot only.

CW isn't for you.

#66 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 06 December 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Who knows, maybe it's better to use Gargoyle, Summi, Stormcrow and MystLinx than to try squeeze in Dires and Timbers everywhere.

no clanner will ever use a gargoyle unless hes a bit hurt in the head. Timby is better in literally every way, and easier to fit since its lighter. 5 tons heavier with a 7 ton heavier engine to go at the same speed (and 4.25 ton heavier internal structure)

Youd have to have been dropped on your head as a baby. a lot of times.

edit: in CW, youll see em in the main queue of course, its not gonna be useless.

Until we get more mechs (Huntsman, Arctic cheetah, ebon jaguar, Viper) ill probably end up using either
TBR/TBR/HBR/MLX or HBR/HBR/WHK/MLX since i really, really dont get on with mediums that have no JJs, SCR just isnt my friend (good though it obviously is)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 06 December 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#67 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 06 December 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

what about the Nova? Dont like it either?

Nova is crap tier.

#68 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 06 December 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Two Awesomes and Two Cicadas? What more could you ask for? :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's my Marik junk-mech dream! Not even joking, they're my two favorite chassis.

PS: Ib4 "STOP GIMPING YOUR CW TEAMS WITH YOUR TERRIBLE MECHS" nerdrage posts. Yes, I know that they're considered trash tier because they're they both the minimum weights in their classes. I don't care. I'm not going to treat this game like a job if I'm not getting paid for it.

#69 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

So, is this the thread where assault pilots go, that do not understand why it's bad for Dropshipmode if everyone brings 4 100 tonners?

Jesus, take your DWFs and Atlas and try not to whelp for once and have some lighter backup mechs. Tonnage restrictions are what Battletech is all about, deal with it or play Hello Kitty Online.

#70 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

Apparently.

Also, the comedic value of any customer coming on here looking for any sort of sympathy whatsoever for the Dire, TBR, or SC never gets old.

Its like watch youtube videos of failed marriage proposals. classic cluelessness.

#71 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

I can get on board lifting the 4 mech requirement, but not the tonnage limit. Players should be able to blow their wad by putting all or most of their eggs in one basket. The investment in such a drop is a double edge sword and is consistent with the risk of fielding you biggest, baddest and most resource intensive units for a battle.

#72 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

OP you should try to play other classes (it'll make you a better assault pilot).

Given Clan teams get to use the Timber Wolf I don't have much sympathy for the fact that their most useful assault is 100 tons.

Clan teams have some strong 240 line-ups. For example 3 Stormcrow and 1 Timber Wolf, or 2 Stormcrow and 2 Hellbringer (once it has hit-box adjustments).

Also why is Stormcrow one word when Timber Wolf is two. Clans are weird.

#73 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostApocryph0n, on 06 December 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

So, is this the thread where assault pilots go, that do not understand why it's bad for Dropshipmode if everyone brings 4 100 tonners?

Jesus, take your DWFs and Atlas and try not to whelp for once and have some lighter backup mechs. Tonnage restrictions are what Battletech is all about, deal with it or play Hello Kitty Online.

not really, its people saying they want to bring TWO (2) Direwolves, but can't due to clans not having a 20T mech and the 4 mech minimum (whereas IS WILL be able to bring 2 King Crabs since they have the locust)

Id advocate changing to a 3 mech minimum personally, but then i really don't care if we see primarily large mechs, i prefer the game with less squishy little ninja things and more big slow stompy things.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 06 December 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#74 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 December 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

There's a solo ghetto and the group underhive if you only want to play one robot, and one robot only.

CW isn't for you.

and you keep talking as if you were a good player, and about underhives, when you and i know that your in-game performance leaves much to be desired, and i got caps.
so maybe try to impress somebody new! im not buying it

i played a match with you where you died first and did 20 dmg, i capped it too. so please stick to fooling the people who don't really know you

if you're gonna pretend i am worse than you at least have some substance to it

of course im not gonna post the cap publically because that's against the rules, but if you're gonna drop some name calling make sure you arent just fronting like you are right now

Edited by Mazzyplz, 06 December 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#75 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 06 December 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

The reason it's 240 tons is the lightest possible tonnage is 20 and the highest is 100, making the average 60. 4 x 60 = 240.

The main issue is that clan mechs under 55 tons are garbage - so you take a single DWF and you are already pushing yourself into bringing at least one completely crap mech.

As much as I love the Stormcrow and it's a great mech, if CW means players will end up playing all Stormcrow all day every day because the other drop configs force you to bring too many garbage mechs - I think you'll see quite a lot of frustration.

If clan faction had a mech for every single tonnage slot, like the IS does, this might be a different conversation - but they don't.

If clan faction had competitive light mechs and not pure garbage mechs, like the IS does, this might be a different conversation - but they don't.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 06 December 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#76 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 06 December 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

we can post all kinds of answers but Yosharian said it best

I just bought some light mechs (ravens) and for a Heavy pilot its a nightmare trying to get them leveled up

you thought us Pugs cry a lot wait until CW starts the try hards will have a river of tears

Yeah I have to admit levelling the 2x and 4x was ******* horrendous, I'll give you that. The 3L is a great little mech though. Slap on dual ERLL and have fun.

I think I actually used LRMs to level my 2x/4x Ravens hahah

#77 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

The clans definitely need more mechs to choose from. That's true.

And their lights need some help also. (hopefully something that buffs them without increasing their weapon throw weight - like speed or maneuver buffs).

But the drop tonnage at 240 is good. 60 avg.

If it were me it'd be 200. 50 avg. But since the game doesn't have a 10ton mech and we dont currently have vehicles I can buy onto 240 w 60avg.

In the meantime, the 240 limit is an implicit nerf to clans pre-clan quirk pass and data from CW. Sorry, but no you don't get to field 24 Dires.

#78 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

I think we may see different tonnage limits for different scenarios/invasions.

Recons work with 100 ton limit.

Heavy defensive combat with 300 ton limit.

Or:

Scenarios where you are out-gunned but offer a higher reward:
240 vs 300 tons, 240 gets double rewards or something.

Time will tell.

#79 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

Just because arrows and knees...

#80 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 06 December 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

When you say it like that it actually sounds better than CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users