15 replies to this topic

#1 MorgPyro

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

i was rewatching the mechlab dev video again and something caught my eye. when he was buying his hunchback he had 2 options. 1 obviously was buy with C-bills and the other (which was greyed out) was buy with MC. what is MC? in other F2P games a secondary currency is usually one bought with actual money to buy better "premium" equipment. but we've been told repeatedly that this would not be the case for MWO. so if there is no premium equipment, than why have a second currency??? yes i'm slightly panicked here. ;)

i'd be willing to be that this has probably been answered but i didn't find a thread on it in my half hour of searching and since the forum search tool doesn't let me use words less than 4 letters long it's pretty much useless for this. if someone can post a link to the correct thread that'd be grand. or just answer it here. thanks much.

#2 Kuno Senpai

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

It's Mechwarrior Credits. It's the real cash currency. You can buy mechs and vanity items with it.

#3 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

MC is separate from C-bills so that there are things you can't buy with it.

#4 trycksh0t

• Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

While there is no "Premium" equipment, in that it's better than everything else, the second currency can still be used for regular in-game items ('Mechs and weapons) as well as a seperate store for things like additional 'Mech skins and hula girls.

#5 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 26 June 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

While there is no "Premium" equipment, in that it's better than everything else, the second currency can still be used for regular in-game items ('Mechs and weapons) as well as a seperate store for things like additional 'Mech skins and hula girls.

This.

And hopefully, clan tech will NOT be up for MC purcahses. Lets make people actually WORK to get into those omnimechs.

#6 Dragonsbane

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

A hunchback is not premium equipment.

View PostRanek Blackstone, on 26 June 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

And hopefully, clan tech will NOT be up for MC purcahses. Lets make people actually WORK to get into those omnimechs.

If I understood the concept, every item available to be bought with C-Bills will be able to be bought with MC too.

Edited by Dragonsbane, 26 June 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#7 HiredGun

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBeautiful British Columbia

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

You will likely also be able to convert MC to C-Bills, but this is pure speculation on my part. No facts to back it up.

#8 Kanatta Jing

• 1,178 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostRanek Blackstone, on 26 June 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

This.

Purchasable with MC is fine. Just repairable in C-Bills. Those things are made of solid platinum after all.

#9 Ian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Clan Mech's will be as available to purchase with $$ as any other mech. I hope there is a completely different system for determining what Clan Pilots can mount on their mechs as C-bills makes no sense at all. Some form of honor with their clan or something. Also I don't think other than base load outs weapons will be purchasable with regular cash.

I'd really like to see a trial system where you have to win trials against clan members, then against other clans, before being allowed to partake in the IS invasion.

#10 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well, in the Aiden Pryde novels it is established that the Clans use a currency based on an hour of labor. The merchant and worker castes use this 'money' daily, though it appears that the warrior caste has little labor hour credits and when they get some only need it to buy personal knives or other knick knacks.

#11 KitLightning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostMorgPyro, on 26 June 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

what is MC?

tsk tsk it's MC Hammer of course, and he'll come to all who purchased the founders pack for a personal show, wink wink nudge nudge you knows what I mean ;)

#12 Dragonsbane

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostKitLightning, on 26 June 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

tsk tsk it's MC Hammer of course, and he'll come to all who purchased the founders pack for a personal show, wink wink nudge nudge you knows what I mean ;)

good times...

Edited by Dragonsbane, 26 June 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

MC, as MechWarrior credits, is one way to use your real cash to buy MW:O stuff like Mechs and Hangar Space... but you can't buy any unique Modules, Equipment, Mechs, or Weapon Systems that would give you a battlefield tactical edge over non-paying opponents

An other way to use real cash is to buy a "Premium Account" which will grant you more XP and C-Bills every mission, and you can use those C-Bills to buy equipment and stuff in the MechLab.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 26 June 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#14 Kelinium

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostDragonsbane, on 26 June 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

good times...

good times indeed, and knew someone had to post an MC Hammer video after he was mentioned heh.

#15 KitLightning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

oiy the OP asked for it ;) thanks for the vid ;)

#16 MorgPyro

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostKitLightning, on 26 June 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

tsk tsk it's MC Hammer of course, and he'll come to all who purchased the founders pack for a personal show, wink wink nudge nudge you knows what I mean :ph34r:

oh trust me.. i've been trying. but having an APO address and a IP in germany is a B****. nothing works

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users