• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

So what builds are you finding to be the most fun? Or what do you find to be just a brutal setup? Please share!!

#2 NUK3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

As I just posted elsewhere:

View PostNUK3, on 09 December 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Playing mine (000L) with 2xAC/20, 2xERLL, 2xLRM/5, 1xAMS, extra AC/20 ammo, 4 external DHS, STD300 engine. It's really fun. I just dropped in a quadruple KGC lance that stayed together. All that dakka sounded amazing! :D We lost, but the other match was a quintuple kill on Mining Collective so I got that going for me which is nice.

That build likes every range and situation. Poking around a corner? 2xERLL+AC/20. Annoying snipers? 2xERLL+"LRM/10". Close range surprise? Pesky light thinking they're such a good pilot and avoiding fire? AC/40 + Bullet velocity bonus. Some 'Mech thinking fighting you midrange is a good idea? Alpha.

I love this build. :wub: You just need to watch your teammates since both your arms suffer from left-arm-of-summoner syndrome.

#3 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Really enjoying brawler, sniping & support builds you can do with this.

Not to mention the missile/energy hardpoints make for great shots over terrain & obstacles.

#4 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

Good match.

Also ttk is a bit to low since quirks and omni mechs have been added good call on that chat.

#5 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

Running a STD 340 with less FLD and more sustained dmg. 4xAC5 and 2 ML. I tend to do better when I can bring a lot of sustained fire while while maintaining mobility and keep my target off balance.

I've been piloting Clans so much I need to play around with engine sizes and upgrades a bit more. You get kind spoiled when you don't have to factor those into your loadout.

#6 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

KING CRAB KGC-0000

No one expects a King Crab missile boat!

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostLexx, on 09 December 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

KING CRAB KGC-0000

No one expects a King Crab missile boat!

Way too much ammo, not enough heat sinks. I've enough experience with LRM50 BLR-1S to tell you that you won't even come close to burning through all that ammo, especially with that low number of heat sinks.

#8 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostNUK3, on 09 December 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

As I just posted elsewhere:

That build likes every range and situation. Poking around a corner? 2xERLL+AC/20. Annoying snipers? 2xERLL+"LRM/10". Close range surprise? Pesky light thinking they're such a good pilot and avoiding fire? AC/40 + Bullet velocity bonus. Some 'Mech thinking fighting you midrange is a good idea? Alpha.

I love this build. :wub: You just need to watch your teammates since both your arms suffer from left-arm-of-summoner syndrome.

*tilts head after putting that in Smurfy*

Not even ammunition in and I already ran out of tonnage. Just how much tonnage of armor did you strip? Or did you actually put an XL in? Endo-Steel eats too many crits to really use.

Edited by Scratx, 09 December 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#9 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostScratx, on 09 December 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

*tilts head after putting that in Smurfy*

Not even ammunition in and I already ran out of tonnage. Just how much tonnage of armor did you strip? Or did you actually put an XL in? Endo-Steel eats too many crits to really use.

You can do it with 608 armor, endo steel, and a 300 engine. Ammo is a little low (6 tons AC20, 2 tons LRM) and you only have 11 double sinks. Too slow and hot for my tastes. EDIT: But no room for the AMS or all the heat sinks he lays claim to.

Edited by Escef, 09 December 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#10 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostEscef, on 09 December 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

Way too much ammo, not enough heat sinks. I've enough experience with LRM50 BLR-1S to tell you that you won't even come close to burning through all that ammo, especially with that low number of heat sinks.

That was pretty much a joke build, I don't think I would ever actually try and use it.

First thing I built was this, KING CRAB KGC-000(L) and I've had some good games in it.

Edited by Lexx, 09 December 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#11 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostEscef, on 09 December 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

You can do it with 608 armor, endo steel, and a 300 engine. Ammo is a little low (6 tons AC20, 2 tons LRM) and you only have 11 double sinks. Too slow and hot for my tastes. EDIT: But no room for the AMS or all the heat sinks he lays claim to.

Exactly, the numbers don't add up to his claims. Not unless he stripped armor so much he's a medium to heavyish mech in armor protection...

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostLexx, on 09 December 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

That was pretty much a joke build, I don't think I would ever actually try and use it.

I was hoping as much, but I figured I'd say something just in case.

I slapped together THIS before I left for work tonight, but haven't had a chance to test it out.

#13 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostScratx, on 09 December 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

Exactly, the numbers don't add up to his claims. Not unless he stripped armor so much he's a medium to heavyish mech in armor protection...

If you build it like he said, it can be done with max armor KING CRAB KGC-000(L) (if you leave out the AMS)

Edited by Lexx, 09 December 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

KCG-000(L)

2 x AC/10 (6 Tons Ammo)
2 x ML
2 x SRM6 + Artemis (2 Tons Ammo)
1 x AMS (1 Ton Ammo)
13 DHS
320 Standard Engine
Endosteel
592 Armor

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c7774ff480059fc

Wrecking stuff with this build. Tried a similar AC/20 build for a few games but the AC/20s just don't have enough range for my tastes. Also the ghost heat is brutal when its crunch time with a Dire in your face and you need to put out as much DPS as possible as fast as possible.

Might give this one a try as well tomorrow if I have time:

2 x AC/10 (6 Tons Ammo)
2 x ER LL
1 x SRM6 + Artemis (1 Ton Ammo)
1 x AMS (1 Ton Ammo)
14 DHS
300 Standard Engine
Endosteel
608 Armor

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98e1b3fb128319d

Edited by Viktor Drake, 09 December 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#15 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostLexx, on 09 December 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

If you build it exactly like he said, it can be done with max armor KING CRAB KGC-000(L)

Whose claims? It's not Escef's I am doubting. It's NUK3's. Check post #2 in this thread.

Playing mine (000L) with 2xAC/20, 2xERLL, 2xLRM/5, 1xAMS, extra AC/20 ammo, 4 external DHS, STD300 engine. It's really fun. I just dropped in a quadruple KGC lance that stayed together. All that dakka sounded amazing! :D We lost, but the other match was a quintuple kill on Mining Collective so I got that going for me which is nice.

I call BS, you can't fit this in a King Crab without shaving several tons of armor off, and even then you're going to be bean-counting ammo.

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

I've also got this build in mind: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...043cf1b2716d38b

Proabably try that out later, maybe after the other KGCs hit for c-bills.

#17 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

(L) has 6 ballistics so if i didn't use them all I would be crazy. two UAC5 two AC5 and two AC2. Having pretty good luck with an XL325 engine really.
B I really like 4 streaks, 4 medium lasers and 2 lb10s' I might change this build to more ERlazer build with something else.
0000 I think I stole your build Sean of two ac20s and two Large Pulse

#18 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

KING CRAB KGC-000(L)

dual gauss and ppcs...

edit...

I just realized that Langs build in the video is the same as mine... thats what I get for not watching the video first

Edited by Mister Dubis, 09 December 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#19 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

Only tried the first thing that came to mind so far, 4 UAC5s. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0108a2dcfed04bc

I haven't had enough practice to say if the ammo is overkill or not, or if the MPL is the best backup option. As is though 4 UAC5s demolishes things. It really shows how much better IS ACs are than cACs on a per module basis. Not sure how it matches up in a slugging match vs a full spammy DWF build though.

View PostEscef, on 09 December 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

Not that I think LRMs, let alone assault LRMs, are very good right now, but the ammo doesn't seem that crazy. LRM mechs tend to be more useless than most when they run out of ammo. Particularly because of how LRMs work your ability to actually kill an enemy given a set amount of ammo is wildly inconsistent. If you want to consistently be able to help your team regardless of the situation it's a good idea to carry a -much- larger proportion of ammo than other mech roles unless you are carrying other primary weapons.

As an example I tend to carry a bit under half as much ammo as that on my Catapult when using half as many tubes. As personal preference I'd probably cut ammo for engine here too given the differences in survivability.

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

Brawler

Grinder

I've lost a side torso a total of 2 times.

I've also got a sword and board Gauss + 2xAC2 + 2PPC build with a STD engine; enough for a cockpit shot :) That thing I'll turn the empty side towards them and let them grind a crap ton of armor to get to the chewy center

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users